The Tim Sale appreciation thread

Carmine Falcone

So it goes.
Reaction score
Tim Sale Official Site

victory6kr.gif

Talk about anything of the fantastic artist Tim Sale, his great comics, the upcoming figures and post your favorite pictures of his incredible art!

If you dont like Sale please stay away :)

A great artist.

ts99vampirella.jpg

salespidermanblue5pg13-14.jpg

salespidey.gif

Tim first came to prominence aping Jim Lee aping Frank Miller on Deathblow,
but soon developed his own unique style. His work with Jeph Loeb on
Batman: The Long Halloween and A Superman for All Seasons propelled him to
the top of the sales charts.

That pic with the vulture of Spider-man is very cool, thanks for posting that Cobb :up:

Tim Sale.................amazing. Good with marvel, amazing with DC. I love the way the joker is drawn..............perfect.
Storm

Tim sale said:
Robin may come yet, but I have no idea.

I have seen The Hatter, and it's great. Have done a design for catwoman, but haven't seen any sculpting yet. The next designs they want from me are:

Police Disguise Batman
Riddler
Scarecrow
Robin
Young Commish Gordon

The first is Batman at the end of Long Haloween, the last just my regular version of Gordon, not the on ein current continuity

I got this from the forum of www.timsale1.com From the man himself. :)

JSorm I agree that the way Joker is drawn is amazing but Bolland's Joker is the perfect Joker IMO

3p15.jpg

Here is a pic of Sale's Joker

i never liked him till i got TLH for christmas and i was like damn this art kicks ass

Carmine Falcone said:
victory6kr.gif

Talk about anything of the fantastic artist Tim Sale, his great comics, the upcoming figures and post your favorite pictures of his incredible art!

If you dont like Sale please stay away :)
Where's that from? I've only seen Sale draw in Y0 continuity. Regardless, that pic is amazing.

Tim Sale & Jeph Loeb should be forced to write every single Batman comic from now on.

I think he just drew that for fun, It is not for a comic he made.

I LOVE that picture, I printed it out and put it a list which hangs on the wall of my room :up:

I just asked Tim Sale himself if he would ever make another Batman comic together with Jeph loeb. When he replies you'll hear it.

EDIT; YES!

TS:--Yes. How's that? Thanks for liking our Mr Freeze, but I would argue that Bruce Timm's version rules. As does most everything Mr Timm does

CF; awesome.
could you some spoil some little details please? Or isn't a story set yet?

TS: No, nothing's set for sure. At some point there will be a coffee table sized book, 220 pages, with alternating chapters of Batman and Superman, the Batman pages done in black and white wash, the Superman ones done FOR ALL SEASONS style. If they'll let me, I'll aways want to come back and draw Batman no matter what takes me away for a while.
alternating chapters, each 11 pages long, sharing a specific subject. Like: food...Batman eating some s##t in capsule form from his utility belt, Superman going back to Kansas for Ma's apple pie. No plot, just what makes these guys what they are.

I'm really excited to do it, but not sure when it will happen.

I'm reading Catwoman-When in Rome and its pretty good so far...I'm glad Sale draws her nearly naked in each issue :up:

Great artist. I love his style. :up:

I really can't say anything about Sale that hasn't already been said. He produces amazing work.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get a Sin City vibe when looking at Sale-drawn Batman photos?

did anyone else when they picked up the long halloween look at the art at first and was like this is ok? then get like 3 pages in and just get floored you know your good when you can do that. i got a godfather vibe the entire time i read the book mixed with a batman vibe . my 2 favorite things in the world so it works out i guess.

I saw some artwork from TLH and DV and I thought it was great, when I read them I thought the art was friggin amazing.

He's a great artist. Met him in person at SDCC last year, nice guy :up:

mj1.jpg

Hush said:
did anyone else when they picked up the long halloween look at the art at first and was like this is ok? then get like 3 pages in and just get floored you know your good when you can do that. i got a godfather vibe the entire time i read the book mixed with a batman vibe . my 2 favorite things in the world so it works out i guess.
Yeah, same here. I remember not being interested in TLH at first (silly me), but as soon as a saw Bruce Wayne, looking out the window, I knew this guy was a genuis.

That idea sounds neat. I'd love to see Sale do some Alex Ross stuff--in the sense that the stories' out of continuity, like an All-Star hardback.

Tim Sale + Batman = Perfection.

I love Sale's work especially when he draws Batman and all related characters. When you see his version of the Dark Knight you just think to yourself 'Damn this truly is what hes supposed to look like'... well at least thats what i think anyway. The man is a friggin genius. nuff said.

not only is he an amazing artist...but he's also great in the sack!

There's so much about Sale's art that makes it great. He's got a great mastery of lighting techniques...I love how all the work looks timeless. There's a good influence of 40's sort of looking print and artwork, and he can integrate newer looking designs and structures into without looking forced. A lot of artists may be great at anatomical correctness, but lousy at backgrounds and it stands out like a sore thumb. Sale's one of the few artists that really has a vocabulary that is all his own and can incorporate a lot of different things in and *make it* his own. That's fairly rare. Especially as his style is sort of main stream. It isn't like Frank Miller, or Mike Mignola, who both have some of the same attributes.

Wow, it is cool to see how much people love Sale like me. That is why I made this thread.

I can't wait to get Haunted Knight :( I will ask my comicshop if they can order it for me. I gotta have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"