From David Letterman:

Top Ten Things We Will Miss About Jay Leno
Thursday, April 4, 2013

10. Whenever he used a "Headline" I sent in, I got a "Tonight Show" T-shirt

9. Now I'm the only guy in late night television who's not a Jimmy

8. He looks damn good in denim

7. Driving one of his antique fire trucks

6. Playful spats with Gelman

5. If you broke down on the freeway, Jay was always there to help with a camera crew

4. Can't remember the name of the bit, but it's the one where Jay is walking

3. He's mom's favorite talk show host

2. I won't be able to do this anymore (Dave does Leno impression)

1. Watching him interview big stars who won't do this show

I love Conan's oddball style. The guy is funny as hell but I guess his humor didn't fit The Tonight Show. I fail to see how Fallen will be more successful because he's just as much a niche comic as Conan is.

I really like Fallon's show, but his style of humour will alienate the traditional Tonight Show audience even more. It's going to be the same problems (from a business perspective) as Conan x 5.

I really like Fallon's show, but his style of humour will alienate the traditional Tonight Show audience even more. It's going to be the same problems (from a business perspective) as Conan x 5.

Moving the show to New York is going to make it much harder for Leno to take the show back.

Moving the show to New York is going to make it much harder for Leno to take the show back.

Leno's probably done as a talk show host by 2014, but the concerns NBC had about the Tonight Show numbers with Conan aren't going to get much better with Fallon, in my view. But I enjoy Fallon's show, so I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Seth Meyers is a safe option. I thought he was a sure fire lock. What happened there?

delete

Last edited:
Seth Meyers is a safe option. I thought he was a sure fire lock. What happened there?

Edit: I see that he would do "Last Call."

Carson Daly is a massive tool anyways (according to Jimmy Fallon).

I don't like Seth Meyers at all, so I won't be watching Late Night anymore.

Last Call with Carson Daly was renewed today so you whoever cooked up that crazy Alec Baldwin rumour needs to try harder.

Jay Leno's "I Screwed People Out of the Tonight Show" list just added the name Jimmy Fallon along with David Letterman and Conan O'Brien.

To be fair to Leno, he hasn't got much else and he was not the one who screwed Conan over directly, that was on NBC. Leno just went along with it. Now he certainly screwed over Letterman and it remains to be seen what happens to Fallon but it cannot be forgotten that NBC is ultimately the one who "**** you'd" Conan O'Brien.

To be fair to Leno, he hasn't got much else and he was not the one who screwed Conan over directly, that was on NBC. Leno just went along with it. Now he certainly screwed over Letterman and it remains to be seen what happens to Fallon but it cannot be forgotten that NBC is ultimately the one who "**** you'd" Conan O'Brien.

It's the old people's fault lol. They keep watching his show.

When I was younger, say 10-15 years ago, I watched Leno on a regular basis but I kind of grew out of that. He's still got some good lines but I just don't have the interest in late night anymore barring Conan on occasion.

Jimmy should just make up an excuse and say "Well negotiations fell through and I won't be hosting the tonight show"

Get out before it gets ugly. It would terrible if he had a set all ready and only stayed for a month

When I was younger, say 10-15 years ago, I watched Leno on a regular basis but I kind of grew out of that. He's still got some good lines but I just don't have the interest in late night anymore barring Conan on occasion.

I've always thought Leno was boring. I made the crack about old people, but honestly I was kidding. He might as well sign a lifetime contract because apparently NBC will never get rid of him.

Wait, so is Seth Myers confirmed and signed the contract to take over Late Night?

I don't care for Leno but I feel NBC is about two years too early with their plans. The 18-49 demo is tight for the year, Jay is just 0.1 above his timeslot competitors for the year.

TVByTheNumbers.com:
SEASON TO DATE

ADULTS 18-49

11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Tonight,” 0.8 rating, 3 share
CBS “Late Show,” 0.7/3
ABC “Kimmel,” 0.7/3**

12:35-1:05 a.m. ET
ABC “Nightline,” 0.4/2**

12:35-1:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Late Night,” 0.5/3
CBS “Late Late Show,” 0.4/2

1:35-2:05 a.m. ET
NBC “Last Call,” 0.3/2

TOTAL VIEWERS

11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Tonight,” 3.6 million viewers
CBS “Late Show,” 3.0 million viewers
ABC “Kimmel,” 2.5 million viewers**

12:35-1:05 a.m. ET
ABC “Nightline,” 1.6 million viewers**

12:35-1:35 a.m. ET
NBC “Late Night,” 1.7 million viewers
CBS “Late Late Show,” 1.5 million viewers

1:35-2:05 a.m. ET
NBC “Last Call,” 0.9 million viewers

** Since January 8.

Comedy Central, 11-11:30 p.m. “The Daily Show,” 1.2 million viewers
Comedy Central, 11:30 p.m.-midnight ET, “The Colbert Report,” 1.1 million viewers

TBS, 11 p.m.-midnight, “Conan,” 0.8 million viewers

Adult Swim, 11:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. ET, 2.1 million viewers
Adult Swim, 12:30-1:30 a.m. ET, 1.3 million viewers

I've always thought Leno was boring. I made the crack about old people, but honestly I was kidding. He might as well sign a lifetime contract because apparently NBC will never get rid of him.
He was better in his younger days but he's definitely watered down now and his audience does skew to the older demographic these days so you might've been joking but it's also true. I only watch Leno when there's someone on who might be worth watching but even then I usually just skip to the interview part of the show and quit after it is over.

Letterman and Leno are getting old and some jokes just come off as creepy old guys

Leno had Katy Perry on the older day. She was sick and he was sick. So he drank out of her cup.

"That's the closest I'll ever get to having sex with you"

Awkward and ugh.

That's not really funny to me. Definitely creepy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"