The Trump Thread!!! - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely discounting your point, but there is a big difference in electing a governor, and a president. Granted, I do wish people would take a more active interest in state politics. And governors can do a lot of damage, as we're seeing with that idiot, and potential criminal in charge of Michigan. But again, it's not the same.

LePage doesn't have nuclear codes.

I am not saying Trump will win, I am just saying Trump will attract the same kind of middle of the road voters who guys like Lepage attracts. Problem is Trump is much better spoken and flashier. Don't think those kind of people don't exist in many "pro Obama states". If Maine can vote Lepage, I don't think it's out of the Question Trump can get enough of those type of voters out to win places like Ohio or Florida

Yeah but Perot didn't win, did he?

No but he got 18.9% of the vote and despite what Republican want you to believe many of those voters were Democrat leaners who were just sick of the system.

Yeah but Perot didn't win, did he?

He was a 3rd party candidate. Losing was inevitable. He and Bush split their constituencies and allowed Slick Willie to become Horndog In Chief. However, had Bush senior done a LBJ and refused to run for a 2nd term and if Perot had been the Republican nominee things might have been quite different.

I'd like to share an anecdote. Just got off a long phone call with my dad. The majority of the call was regarding politics (though we also discussed my recent trip abroad and some family stuff).

My dad is 49 and I'm 24 (for some context) and as long as I've known him (about 24 years ;P) he's voted republican. My only Presidential election vote was cast for Libertarian Gary Johnson. This year things have changed slightly. Him and I agree wholeheartedly that the country should not be run by Donald Trump. I explained to him how I've always considered him the type to vote by party-lines and that I was shocked to hear he was so vehemently opposed to Trump. He responded that he didn't feel that way but that his opinions have, in the past, merely happened to coincide with the republican party. The two of us agreed that the republican side of things this election year seemed like a circus. The conversation shifted to talking about how even though the republican party is a circus this election year it's really not about the parties but it's about the individual who you're voting for.

I'm not saying I got my dad to tell me he'll vote for Bernie Sanders, I'm just saying I got all the feels that he respected my decision to do so and he said he'd look into the guy. Afterall, my dad is a working class citizen and a veteran who respects gun rights and wants to send my little sister to college but probably won't be able to afford to do so on his own. Why shouldn't he like Bernie Sanders? :up:

The loudest voices are not the majority. Trump may get the nomination, but he's got no shot at the actual presidency.
He has the only shot with the current candidate line up from both the Democrats and Republicans.

Barack Obama and Donald Trump are charismatic men that are able to galvanize masses, which is why Trump will win in 2016 and why Obama won in 2008.

The "best" candidate won't win but rather the one that is able to instill belief and whether or not they are adamant about said change is irrelevant because the fact that they were able to entice a nation into believing in their "movement" is what gets them the win.

Part of the issue is that I keep hearing from 20 somethings and what not how they won't vote this year because no one in it is appealing or honest. So what else is new? That is how Trump will take it, by ****ing default of not having enough votes against him. His supporters will turn out in ****ing droves.

I'm really enjoying the new Trump v. Ben Sasse feud.

Part of the issue is that I keep hearing from 20 somethings and what not how they won't vote this year because no one in it is appealing or honest. So what else is new? That is how Trump will take it, by ****ing default of not having enough votes against him. His supporters will turn out in ****ing droves.
Trumps reign of horribleness could cause the young and minority vote to turn out just to stop him.

see I don't trust other Americans around me all that much, there such a vibe of "hate" going on. No one running for President should still this far ahead after saying the things he has, nobody. Money beats Humanity, I guess it's just the way it goes.

Man, I just found out Trump was born in Queens... My borough. smh.

Anybody who thinks Trump

A) is remotely religious

B) believes half the nonsense he spews

or C) gives a hoot in hell about the "little guy"

I've got a tropical beach in Antarctica to sell you.

Someone so blatantly racist (or at least race-baiting), misogynistic, chauvinist, and generally abrasive, rude, insulting, tactless, and just all-around classless being such a front-running candidate is just embarrassing and a damning indictment on large segments of American society.

Anyone else see Trump's Twitter feud with a Saudi prince?

Absolutely hilarious.

Yup.

I think this is going to be a thing.

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/marvel-ceo-trump-fundraiser/?fb=dd

Love Marvel, hate Trump

This is so stupid. Marvel Comics today spit in the face of the racism and sexism that Trump represents, but these idiots are "burning their comics" because Perlmutter who everyone who cared to know ALREADY KNOWS is a sexist, over bearing, punitive jerk, donated to another sexist, punitive jerk. :whatever:

Perlmutter's personal views clearly have no bearing on the comics themselves, but some people just love to be outraged. Who knows, maybe Perlmutter really will step down. That could only be a good thing.

This is so stupid. Marvel Comics today spit in the face of the racism and sexism that Trump represents, but these idiots are "burning their comics" because Perlmutter who everyone who cared to know ALREADY KNOWS is a sexist, over bearing, punitive jerk, donated to another sexist, punitive jerk. :whatever:

Perlmutter's personal views clearly have no bearing on the comics themselves, but some people just love to be outraged. Who knows, maybe Perlmutter really will step down. That could only be a good thing.

Seriously though. Marvel has an image to uphold and with pappa Disney that means everyone represents the company, especially the CEO.

Donald_Trump8217s_Hollywood_Walk_of-f1b4a177a621f7f1cb2ff668bd8cb7ff

So his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was vandalized.

It looks like a candy cane that's walking like an Egyptian.

Who hasn't he had a Twitter feud with at this point?

John Cena. But Trump is smart enough not to start a social media war with the pro wrestling community. That's like hooking up electrodes to the Ark of the Covenant.

Donald_Trump8217s_Hollywood_Walk_of-f1b4a177a621f7f1cb2ff668bd8cb7ff

So his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was vandalized.

It should be pointed out that is a chinesse swastica(left pointing) which means good luck/prosperity. I am guessing the person who vandalized that didn't realize that

Big question here is whether or not that swastika was painted by a follower or an anti-Trumper? Could go either way.

What was Trump's reason for not going to last debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"