The Dark Knight Rises The 'Tusi: Blue Bats And Leather Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, you don't feel any of the Batman Begins-feel in that footage? The heavy dialogue, the grounded touch and the melodramatic tone etc.
The heavy dialogue is due to it being a trailer. Almost every trailer does that. The only thing that I can see being a similarity to BB/TDK, is the score, which of course, is because of Zimmer. I could have said the same about Spiderman's score and Burton's Batman, but other than that, those two movies didn't have the same feel to them.

This looks like a straight up Superman movie, to me.

Saw the leaked footage. I'm impressed. Can't wait to see it in proper quality.

The heavy dialogue is due to it being a trailer. Almost every trailer does that. The only thing that I can see being a similarity to BB/TDK, is the score, which of course, is because of Zimmer. I could have said the same about Spiderman's score and Burton's Batman, but other than that, those two movies didn't have the same feel to them.

This looks like a straight up Superman movie, to me.

Of course it looks and feels like a Superman movie, otherwise it wouldn't be cool. But you can't deny that it has a very melodramatic and grounded feel, not very un-similar to Batman Begins. Which doesn't mean it looks like a Batman movie or anything.

Just watched the MOS footage! And... it was wonderful! Superman flying looked great, and the way the cape flowed was beautiful. It really doesn't look like a typical Snyder film which suprises me. From what I could tell this film is going to have some beautiful cinematography. Oh, and Russel Crwoe's voiceover, and the music was just EPIC!

Tidbit: The music in the trailer is Zimmer's work from Thin Red Line. The piece is called "Silence".

Last edited:
Woah. The Mos and stuff is dialogue heavy? Interesting.

They"re holding back. Much like the rises teaser.

Woah. The Mos and stuff is dialogue heavy? Interesting.

They"re holding back. Much like the rises teaser.

No nothing like the Rises teaser. There is footage of Superman flying, and being thrown into a wall, and some other action bits. Along with a bunch of childhood stuff. Im really suprised how much they showed.

Yea the footage looks like it will be freaking awesome when we see it in HQ

Still not digging the 'ribbed for her pleasure' suit though... maybe it will look better when we see footage rather than pics.

Just watched the MOS footage! And... it was wonderful! Superman flying looked great, and the way the cape flowed was beautiful. It really doesn't look like a typical Snyder film which suprises me. From what I could tell this film is going to have some beautiful cinematography. Oh, and Russel Crwoe's voiceover, and the music was just EPIC!

Tidbit: The music in the trailer is Zimmer's work from Thin Red Line. The piece is called "Silence".
I'm pretty sure the footage is more "Journey to the Line" than "Silence".

Yea, Journey to the line.

when do composers typically begin working on soundtracks? He still has a long time to work on it.

I didn't think IMAX would have any trailers attached to it, due to the restrictions, unless you're gonna see it in LieMax.

Can't they just switch the film? Can't imagine WB not doing all they could to put the MoS trailer before the biggest movie ever. :hehe:

I didn't think IMAX would have any trailers attached to it, due to the restrictions, unless you're gonna see it in LieMax.

Probably will be with digital imax. As far as I know, you are right. TDKR takes up so much room in the booth in 15/70 IMAX that it can't have trailers before the movie.

Re -watching tdk yet again. Just want to say I love the batvoice.

just found this lol
shutup.gif

how do you make your own gifs btw?

Use a video editor to chop a clip, export as an image sequence, use a photo editing program to compile frames into an animated gif and add text. I guess.

Just watched the MoS teaser... And gotta say...

HOLY ****!!!! :wow::wow::wow:

And here I was thinking I'd stop caring about comic book movies after TDKR. :doh:

This looks very promising...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"