The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 14 "Spend" Discussion Thread

I like the idea in theory, but Pete and Jessie's physical appearances would make that a tough sell.

Not if they do it properly, she could be cutting him and beating him while using the kids as a way of keeping him from defending himself. She could use that it's so unexpected as a way to control him, if she hits herself and says it was him, people would 100% believe her. She could use a combination of ways to both phsically and psychologically break him.

I had the same idea of her being the abuser insted and think it could work. And Carol was reading the signs right, but for the wrong spouse. His drinking outside could be an escape from her.
I just really hate the idea of making Pete bad to excuse Rick of breaking up a marriage, and staying the "good guy".

"Typically, men are physically stronger than women but that doesn't necessarily make it easier to escape the violence or the relationship. An abused man faces a shortage of resources, skepticism from police, and major legal obstacles, especially when it comes to gaining custody of his children from an abusive mother."

"An abusive wife or partner may hit, kick, bite, punch, spit, throw things, or destroy your possessions. To make up for any difference in strength, she may attack you while you're asleep or otherwise catch you by surprise. She may also use a weapon, such as a gun or knife, or strike you with an object, abuse or threaten your children, or harm your pets."

"Never retaliate. An abusive woman or partner will often try to provoke you into retaliating or using force to escape the situation. If you do retaliate, you'll almost certainly be the one who is arrested and/or removed from your home."

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/help-for-abused-men.htm

I had the same idea of her being the abuser instead and think it could work. And Carol was reading the signs right, but for the wrong spouse. His drinking outside could be an escape from her.
I just really hate the idea of making Pete bad to excuse Rick of breaking up a marriage, and staying the "good guy".

I like this idea...domestic violence against men doesn't get enough attention. I could totally see this going the wrong way for Pete.

I'd let Jesse survive what's coming only to be revealed to be an abusive mother later on. I like seeing real world issues play out against an apocalypse.

Yeah...hate to agree with the stereotype but it's true...more than two Black folk in TV series or movie of this nature means death is coming on a bullet train for dem two...but we got Morgan on the way...so it balances out.

Gabriel...smh...he needs to be put out of his misery... either you goin' stand on the Word or become atheist...choose one! I want better representation of Christianity Walking Dead!

Fodder Gabe is another kind of Eugene (who I'm so proud of by the way). He didn't agree with how they dealt with the Termites but he went along with them because he had a better chance of staying alive. Once he saw the people of Alexandria were more his speed, more "civilized", he was done with Rick's group. I don't see him making it though.

God, that death scene is still sticking with me. I think they might have topped Oberyn Martell's death on GOT just in terms of sheer gut-wrenching horror in the imagery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"