The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 14 "Spend" Discussion Thread

It's amazing to see how much Glenn has changed in those two pictures. He is also one of my favorites.

Sheesh! This episode was an incredible ride. It seems any episode without Darryl in it for too long is a good episode. The guy is such a bore, he sucks the life out of the scene every time he is on screen. Sorry to see Noah go in such a brutal way but I had a feeling he was a goner when he was making plans with Deanna's husband.

I wanted to punch those two guys from town so badly. Especially after Deanna's son started playing the techno music in his creeper van.

Carol and Rick are psychopaths now, plain and simple. Really Carol, the only thing to do after you find out that Peter is beating his wife and kids is to kill him? That's the ONLY solution you can come up with? lol Pathetic! And Rick looking like he is going to go along with that train wreck thought pattern is even more crazy.

I really hope Rick breaks off this path he is on now. He has become worse than Shane ever was and Rick killed him. I also don't like that Rick's gang is the cancer invading the utopia of Alexandria. I don't know if there is something else hidden behind Alexandria to make them the bad guys but from what they have shown us, Rick and his gang are the bad guys and need to be eliminated.

I'm glad Gabriel warned Deanna about Rick and his gang. Gabriel may be crazy but he knows how dangerous Rick and his people can be and doesn't want them to ruin what they have in Alexandria. I totally understood why Gabriel did what he did and he was right in doing so.

All Gabriel really has to go on is they slaughtered some cold, calculating cannibals. As far as he's concerned, you're evil whether you're killing out of self defense or not.

Another fantastic episode. Season 5 has really picked up the stride it started with.

Carol is becoming really unstable now. The way she's treating that kid, like he's dirt. And then she tells Rick he has to kill Peter just because he's beating his wife and kid. The guy can be put in his place and taught to not lay a hand on his wife and kid again without killing him. I just hope Rick doesn't agree with her lunatic logic. I did like that Carol, being a former battered wife herself, was able to recognize the signs.

I'm glad to see the back of Deanna's son. He was an a-hole. I'm sorry to see Noah go. He didn't like the screen on fire, but like Tyreese I really liked him, and he brought some emotional warmth to the show. It was nice seeing Glenn and Maggie support him like family when he was feeling awkward at her party, and now in this episode he was all set up to learn construction from Deanna's husband. Then he dies. I really felt for the guy.

As for Gabriel, anyone who read the comics saw that one coming. I'm glad Maggie overheard it, and hopefully she puts the little backstabber in his place. I don't think Deanna even took him seriously. But when Glenn and Eugene come back without her son, it's not going to look good.

I think Carol treats him that way because she doesn't want to become emotionally invested in him, given what happened last time. And you can see it's already happening.

Carol's being silly. You can be friendly to a kid and not get emotionally invested. They are not all psychos like what's her name in season 4.

I think Carol treats him that way because she doesn't want to become emotionally invested in him, given what happened last time. And you can see it's already happening.

I have no clue as to why that kid would ever get near Carol again after what she told him last episode. He seemed to have forgotten it.

Carol didn't scare the kid as much as demonstrate to him that there was someone out there tough enough to save him and his mother from his father.

This is all about our team of hardasses saving the softies from their own ineptness. Of course, if you are a resident of Alexandriwherever it looks an awful lot like a coup from a bunch of shady outsiders so the word "saving" will be questionable.

Last edited:
When Noah was pulled out of the revolving door by the walkers. I expected his death to be off camera b/c of how it was shot. But then they slammed his body onto that glass. Thus having Glenn and the viewer witness one of the shows most graphic deaths by zombies.

I take it next week Daryl will cross paths with either the Wolves (the gang that marked the walkers with W’s on the foreheads as well as destroyed Noah‘s gated community in Virginia) or Morgan. Probably the Wolves b/c I have a feeling Morgan will show up during the season finale.

I also have a feeling Carol will take matters into her own hands and kill Pete herself. Hopefully they give more development on Pete (and Jessie) b/c supposedly he’s this “gifted surgeon” at Alexandria but the show hasn’t shown any proof of that. Also if Jessie is being abused how come there doesn’t seem to be any visible bruises, scars, injuries, or signs of her being in any kind of pain whatsoever?

I'm glad Gabriel warned Deanna about Rick and his gang. Gabriel may be crazy but he knows how dangerous Rick and his people can be and doesn't want them to ruin what they have in Alexandria. I totally understood why Gabriel did what he did and he was right in doing so.
I understood as well, but Gabriel is a hypocrite. And a selfish coward who locked himself in his church but left his congregation to die by the hands of walkers, which is worse than anything he witnessed Rick’s group committing. Rick was only eradicating a threat (the Hunters) and keeping his family (the group) and even Gabriel’s worthless behind safe. Plus Michonne and Carl saved him (for a 3rd time) from sharing the same fate his congregation endured when he was locked out b/c of his own stupidity for sneaking out in the first place. And b/c of him the church got overrun by walkers. No wonder he disappeared in the past two episodes once he and the group came into Alexandria. Gabriel should be thankful that Rick and his group crossed paths with him when they did b/c he wouldn't have made it this far without them. The only way he can redeem himself is by sacrificing himself for the group [BLACKOUT]the way his character did towards the end of “Starship Troopers”.[/BLACKOUT] That likely won’t happen though.

It seems Gabriels own guilt and what has been indoctrinated in him is just driving him to bad decisions and a false sense of reality. I don't think he is looking to have Rick's group exiled alone I think he want's out as well. Everything he had faith in, his sense of morality makes it impossible to accept where him and Rick's group are right now. He feels they should all be suffering out in the world for their actions. Cause that's what he thinks god would want. That and yes he is a coward.

Speaking of Morgan, did anyone notice in last week's episode that there's a "Morgan Street" in the safe zone?

Hopefully they give more development on Pete (and Jessie) b/c supposedly he’s this “gifted surgeon” at Alexandria but the show hasn’t shown any proof of that.

Tara seems like she could use a gifted surgeon.

Also if Jessie is being abused how come there doesn’t seem to be any visible bruises, scars, injuries, or signs of her being in any kind of pain whatsoever?

Well, he is a gifted surgeon. I'm sure he could figure out which parts of the body will be covered up by a shirt and whatnot. Carol held it together OK in front of Ed too.

Tara seems like she could use a gifted surgeon.

LOL, I didn't think about that. It's a good thing that Glenn got back when he did because otherwise, they might have showed up and been like, "HURRY! TARA NEEDS A DOCTOR!!!"

And Rick would be like, "Yeah, about that... um..."

I don't like where this Rick's-group-being-the-wolf-pack-unable-to-function-in-normal-society is going.
I get the huge theme of mistrust, but:
Carol: "You have to kill him."
Seriously?
If that's not a case of bad screenwriting just for the sake of conflict, then she hasn't learned anything and my prediction is that it's gonna be just a misunderstanding that'll culminate in her death by the end of this season.

Yes, seriously.

It makes perfect sense given that this isn't a) normal society and then b) that she herself realized she should have done in with her own husband for beating herself and molesting Sophia. While you or I might not jump to that logic, given what she has been through, and the society they live in... it's logical.

Having lost Sophia, and then the two girls, she's forcing herself to not get close to any children - mostly because she believes they don't have that ability to survive in the new world.

This group is all about the mercy kill, whether it be literal or metaphorical by just pushing someone away.

Swerve theory:
Dr Pete is being abused by Jessie. He drinks heavily & wears long sleeves while she wears more revealing clothing and shows no signs of physical abuse. This could also explain the kid smashing the owl sculpture.

Swerve theory:
Dr Pete is being abused by Jessie. He drinks heavily & wears long sleeves while she wears more revealing clothing and shows no signs of physical abuse. This could also explain the kid smashing the owl sculpture.

See now that would be surprisingly clever and unexpected writing, so that's not going to happen.

Having lost Sophia, and then the two girls, she's forcing herself to not get close to any children - mostly because she believes they don't have that ability to survive in the new world.

That's a better theory :up:

Yours was kind of vague. You said given what happened last time. The last kids she got emotionally involved in, one turned into a psycho and killed the other.

Save the snide remarks for the playground. It wasn't obvious to me since Carol's had two separate bad incidents with kids, both with different circumstances. You specifically said the last time. Meaning the two little girls.

Swerve theory:

See now that would be surprisingly clever and unexpected writing, so that's not going to happen.

I like the idea in theory, but Pete and Jessie's physical appearances would make that a tough sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"