The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 16 "Conquer" Discussion Thread

Im not disappointed that Glenn left Nicholas alive, I don't want Glenn to go so far the other way that he's unlikable. :(

I don't think Glenn would be unlikable for killing Nicholas in what is basically self defense. I think Glenn is a much stronger character for not doing so though.

Negan? I think that's what we are all waiting for but still it was a great episode.

I don't understand why people are expecting Negan so soon. There's still plenty to happen. I'm guessing it could towards the end of season 6.

I don't think Glenn would be unlikable for killing Nicholas in what is basically self defense. I think Glenn is a much stronger character for not doing so though.
Ohi agree, I just want them all to turn into little Sashas. :(

Im not disappointed that Glenn left Nicholas alive, I don't want Glenn to go so far the other way that he's unlikable. :(

I woudn't blame Glenn for shooting him , but it's kind of awesome that he didn't. Makes his character seem really good and Nicholas is forced to live with his guilt longer.

It should be interesting to see how Morgan will react to what Rick is now. He seemed shocked when he saw Rick shoot Pete.

It should be interesting to see how Morgan will react to what Rick is now. He seemed shocked when he saw Rick shoot Pete.

Well, straight up executing a dude doesn't vibe real well with Morgan's current attitude that all life is valuable.

Tonight's episode was a lot different than I was expecting , but I liked it. It was similar to season 2 ending but better. The look on Morgan's face was priceless

So are the Wolves just those two guys? Morgan took them out easily so they don't seem like much of a threat.

That finale was awesome. I didn't expect Reg to die like that but I think it needed to happen to finally wake Deanna up. Rick was a badass as usual and I'm glad that him and Michonne made up. Carol was great too (and she looked HOT on Talking Dead tonight). Loved her scene threatening Pete. Yeah, I was disappointed that Glenn didn't kill Nicholas. He had every right to. Also, liked seeing Jessie sticking up for Rick; I've been in love with Alexandra Breckenridge since she was on True Blood so I'm happy that it looks like she's going to be around for a while.

Last but not least, MORGAN IS AWESOME. Loved seeing him go all Donatello on those two Wolf f***ers at the beginning, and then of course rescuing Daryl and Aaron. I can't wait to see more of him next season; I hope he's a full-timer on the show now. Also, right before he showed up, I loved how Daryl and Aaron were going to go out like Butch & Sundance. I'm digging the bromance there and I hope that continues to build.

All in all, great season. Had a few iffy moments but overall it's been great. Bring on Fear the Walking Dead!

So are the Wolves just those two guys? Morgan took them out easily so they don't seem like much of a threat.

No; I believe the one guy was planning to take Morgan back to the Wolf camp.

Not the finale I was expecting but it was indeed satisfying. I can't wait to see more of The Book of Eli Morgan next season. :up:

tumblr_n9rlqiJHJe1rarngto1_500.gif

Deanna lost her husband and son within weeks of Rick's group arriving.

In real life she would've given them all the boot.

Even Maggie. :hehe:

Can anyone explain the relationship between the red hoodie guy who got his throat slit and the wolves?

All I know is that Daryl and Aaron were following him as a potential recruit.

I think the two Wolves just happened upon him and decided to turn him into a walker for the fun of it.

With the skills Morgan has now shown in combat and survival skills, could they just maybe be setting him up to also fill the role of Jesus from the comicbook?

I'm not a huge fan of ninja turtle Morgan.

He can be clever and a badass without the superhero theatrics.

I like him better when he would set traps and think of actual strategies.

I'm not a huge fan of ninja turtle Morgan.

He can be clever and a badass without the superhero theatrics.

I like him better when he would set traps and think of actual strategies.

tumblr_mqqkva072Z1r8v0nko3_250.gif

:p

Morgan is key to the show being good. If he's a regular in Season 6 it is sure to be the best season of the show.

Last edited:
Yeah, we've only gotten brief glimpses of him, but everything we've gotten has been great. And Lennie James is an amazing actor. He NEEDS to finally be a regular.

Too bad, I liked the old dude. Oh well.

That leader lady sure has double standards.

Just some random (and very positive) thoughts on this episode:

- I am loving the bromance between Daryl and Aaron. Their friendship has actually made me care about Daryl again. The tease of the two of them dying was actually pretty intense (and only a few episodes ago, I would have been okay with Daryl dying). The show is finally doing interesting things with Daryl again, and that makes me really happy.

- The reveal that Morgan was saving Daryl and Aaron was definitely a "**** YEAH!" moment. I was watching this episode with my best friend, and we both pretty much made the exact same loud "squee" noise at the same time, haha. This is one of the best moments of the entire series in my book. It was pure awesome.

- Carol once again proves to everyone that she is a queen (I'm going to keep calling her that) when she threatened Pete. She was so cool about it, and Pete was so scared of her. It was wonderful. What a badass.

- Father Gabriel is the worst. Everyone knows this. Moving on ...

- I have grown to love Eugene. I hated him for a while there (I even said that Abraham should have killed him when the lie was revealed). He's redeemed himself big time though. Good job, Eugene. :up: Abraham once again showed another side to his character that I really like tonight as well. Him forgiving Eugene was a really nice scene.

- Having read the comics, I was not surprised about the two deaths that happened in the end. I'm glad they happened, though. Morgan's look at Rick shooting a man in the head was very interesting, indeed. I'm very excited to see what happens next season.

I'll point out that Morgan's refusal to kill people who absolutely deserved to die and if I recall even admitted to murdering other people got Red Poncho killed will likely lead to more deaths.

Even Glen refused to kill a guy who had JUST shot him and was responsible for killing Noah and almost letting Tara die.

I get that this episode was about regaining your humanity while preparing for the reality of the world, but they never actually showed the team losing their humanity...they got to the brink and then pulled back.

Only one complaint: Nicholas needed to die.

Don't ****ing argue with me, he NEEDED to. And Glenn needed to sack up and do it. So he doesn't ****ing get a baseball bat to the skull any time soon. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"