The "What did you think about the new X3 scene" poll

i voted for #3. It was Okay. It was good but wasn't what I was expecting. I was hoping for a different scene or something or the scene in the lab... when Jean wakes up. Other than that... I really liked the fastball part. I was in awe when I saw it...and when the robot's head falls to t he ground and Logan steps out from behind it...MAN..that was rocking awsome. :D

Bruce Logan said:
I don't, they've been pretty quick to defend Ratner, Fox, and Avi Arad and if they really thought it would be a good movie, then they deserve to be disappointed. I just hope they admit it after they see the movie.

:rolleyes:

*sigh*

Where to begin, where to begin...

Bruce Logan said:
I don't, they've been pretty quick to defend Ratner, Fox, and Avi Arad and if they really thought it would be a good movie, then they deserve to be disappointed. I just hope they admit it after they see the movie.

There have also been those who have pounced on Ratner, Fox, and Avi Arad relentlessly, regardless of what they do or say.

And then there are those who just want to see the damn movie, and are fed up with whining and complaints from either side.

Seriosly, I am sick to death of all the "I told ya so" crap floating around. JUST WAIT AND SEE THE DAMN MOVIE, then you can sit back all content in the knowledge that you were right all along, and everyone else was completely and utterly wrong.

Bruce Logan said:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, ofcourse, the best way for me to show my displeasure with Fox right now is to give them more of my money. I'll wait for the day before the movie comes out when the reviews start coming in, though I'm beginning to think there's a chance there won't be press screenings.

Bruce Logan said:
Yes, ofcourse, the best way for me to show my displeasure with Fox right now is to give them more of my money. I'll wait for the day before the movie comes out when the reviews start coming in, though I'm beginning to think there's a chance there won't be press screenings.

Yeah? Why's that?

^ you should all listen to Jan, the voice of reason :up:

They only nix press screenings for total bombs - X3 could never be THAT bad...

WorthyStevens4 said:
Yeah? Why's that?

If you think a movie is going to be killed by the critics, you don't show it to them before opening day so that your box office doesn't take a hit. But, Rothman and Arad do believe in this movie, so they probably will show it.

Bruce Logan said:

It's showing at Cannes for crying out loud.

I thought I read "What did you think about the new sex scene?"

lol... but that was way before i posted my thoughts about the clip moments ago. lol

Hugh was great. heh ... er that sounded bad. I meant he kicked ass in the clip :D

Bruce Logan said:
If you think a movie is going to be killed by the critics, you don't show it to them before opening day so that your box office doesn't take a hit. But, Rothman and Arad do believe in this movie, so they probably will show it.

I know that. But why are you acting as if this movie is gonna suck big time?

Oh yeah and the music was really er...something...bad. Personally I'm going to give the movie a "fair" chance, on DVD most likely. I can't say I'm disappointed. I gave X-1 a 6.5/10 and X2 a 7.5/10. So, I liked the films but they never measured up to what I wanted, (an epic X-Men film. 50% of the problems I have with the films is Fox's fault, the other 50 belongs to Singer) I'm way pass "this is disappointing."

It's a third film with a different writer and director! If it's good, I'll be shocked and amazed.

WorthyStevens4 said:

Because he can see into the future, apparently. :p

WorthyStevens4 said:

I'm not acting, it's what I truly believe based on what I've seen and read about this production, the rush to film it and from Rat's previous work. Could I be wrong? Of course I could. But why should I not be able to say what I think based on what we've seen so far but it's ok for people to see the trailer and talk about how great the movie is going to be?

And if I am wrong, I'll admit it.

Bruce Logan said:
I'm not acting, it's what I truly believe based on what I've seen and read about this production, the rush to film it and from Rat's previous work. Could I be wrong? Of course I could. But why should I not be able to say what I think based on what we've seen so far but it's ok for people to see the trailer and talk about how great the movie is going to be?

And if I am wrong, I'll admit it.

I never said you couldn't speak your own mind about it, I was just asking why you seem to know it'll suck.

Name me one Brett Ratner movie that was truly horrible.

I thought that After the sunset was beyond lame, but I did like the first two Rush Hour moives.

I liked the clip a lot, I think that's how the X-Men should be. The only thing I didn't like was the FX, and some other stuff but I think that's just because the clip is edited.

I'm really banking on the FX being of a very high standard in this film and those shots of Colossus and the Sentinel/lack thereof have me very concerned!! Imo the Sentinel head just looked like a hollow action figure head with a red bulb inside!!

I thought the scene was okay. I guess it's a DangerRoom practice they're doing and that's why Wolverine acts so weird. I'm not sure I like the Colossus effect. It seemed different than in X2. The ending with the head was pretty cool.

WorthyStevens4 said:
I never said you couldn't speak your own mind about it, I was just asking why you seem to know it'll suck.

Name me one Brett Ratner movie that was truly horrible.

Well, ATS was already mentioned, Red Dragon and Rush Hour 2. If you think about it, the best part about both Rush Hour movies was Chris Tucker's adlibs and Jackie Chan's stung choreography. Money Talks was also bad.

The rush to make the movie including zipping through the scripting and pre-production are always clues that a movie will be poorly made. Now we also have a scene from the movie and it was pretty bad.

Why do you believe the movie will be good?

Bruce Logan said:
Well, ATS was already mentioned, Red Dragon and Rush Hour 2. If you think about it, the best part about both Rush Hour movies was Chris Tucker's adlibs and Jackie Chan's stung choreography. Money Talks was also bad.

The rush to make the movie including zipping through the scripting and pre-production are always clues that a movie will be poorly made. Now we also have a scene from the movie and it was pretty bad.

I think alot of people will disagree when you say Red Dragon and Rush Hour 2 were horrible...

But, why do I think it will be good?

The fact that I've been waiting for this freakin' movie for 3 years now, the fact that I have trust that Brett Ratner can make a truly exceptional movie, the actors involved, the fact that we've got comic book fans writing our movie, and the fact that I have faith from everything we have heard and seen so far, we will be given a special, fantastic movie.

Bruce Logan said:

Red Dragon was horrible? What are you smoking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"