The Wolverine THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his healing ability is still intact, or else his adamantium skeleton would kill him instantly....
me thinks his healing works only when he is in beserk mode. Hence his ability to heal during fight scenes.

Who says the movies are going to address that?

These are science fiction / fantasy movies about genetic mutations that give people crazy super powers. Some real life science is going to get thrown out the window.

probably a dumb question but why would his skeleton kill him? people get metal hip replacements and are fine afterwards. metal plates as well etc.

@darkslayer

that's a pretty interesting idea to tie his healing ability to his adrenaline. dunno if it will go down like that though.

probably a dumb question but why would his skeleton kill him? people get metal hip replacements and are fine afterwards. metal plates as well etc.

it's a thing in the comics that without his healing factor he could never survive the stress incurred by the adamantium bonding process. It's also been said that the healing factor counteracts a natural poisoning process that occurs from having adamantium in the body in such large amounts. Basically having your bones entirely covered in indestructible metal is not a good thing unless you have some way to offset it.

Who says the movies are going to address that?

These are science fiction / fantasy movies about genetic mutations that give people crazy super powers. Some real life science is going to get thrown out the window.

wat led me to this idea is the one pic in the trailer, where one of the monitor screens show something attaching to the heart (of wolverine?).
so if its connected to the heart, something to do with adrenaline, beserk state, etc...

@darkslayer

that's a pretty interesting idea to tie his healing ability to his adrenaline. dunno if it will go down like that though.

its said in the comics that his healing factor was reduced to accommodate the bonding and at one point in the comics, his healing factor was doubled when Mag removed his adamantium skeleton.

it's a thing in the comics that without his healing factor he could never survive the stress incurred by the adamantium bonding process. It's also been said that the healing factor counteracts a natural poisoning process that occurs from having adamantium in the body in such large amounts. Basically having your bones entirely covered in indestructible metal is not a good thing unless you have some way to offset it.

realistically speaking, its impossible to coat the bone, since it needs direct contact with blood stream and what not. I know realism doesnt work here, but ya his healing factor does have something to do with it.

Silver Samurai reminds me of Shredder from TMNT.

That's a good thing, right?

Seeing that short glimpse of the new armor, I wonder if he'll look similar to this. Minus all the spikes of course.

ZWOm1z1.jpg

just a thought on his healing ability:

maybe whatever is done to him allows him to still heal rapidly from non fatal injuries, like cuts and bruises and even broken bones. more serious damage however (think vital organs) may not be able to be healed.

Would anyone else love it if Wolverine's healing factor would stay greatly reduced? Healing quickly from normal wounds, buts needing days or at the very least hours to heal from really big injuries. I think it would make him more interesting in further sequels, if he can't just charge completely reckless into battle all the time.

The movie looks cool but does it look like there will be any plot points from the original Wolverine comic?

The movie looks cool but does it look like there will be any plot points from the original Wolverine comic?

Mariko is in the trailer. I'm guessing the old guy is Shingen. We obviously have the Silver Samurai. And the scene in the snow against all the ninjas where Logan is wrapped up in the chains is directly out of the book. I'm sure there will be plenty of plot points. It won't be any less accurate to the books than X-Men 2 was to "God Loves, Man Kills", X-Men 3 was to "Dark Phoenix Saga" and "Gifted", X-Men Origins: Wolverine was to "Weapon X", or X-Men: First Class was to the entire lore of the X-Men.

Based on that trailer, this is my guess of what the story is about:

Back in the day, Wolverine saved the old guy from Silver Samurai. As a thanks, he tells Wovlerine he can now lose the powers and die. Wolvie does it, but then he's attacked at the old guy's "funeral".

We start to get insight that Silver Samurai is back, and now Wolvie is screwed. At the end we find out that the old guy took Wolvie's healing powers and kept himself alive and rejuvenated and has actually been Silver Samurai all along.

Work in Wolverine getting his powers back either right before the final battle or right after.

If that's the case, I wonder why he'd attempt to kill Logan. Logan finally gets his wish to be mortal, the old guy can live on, why not just have them both go their separate ways?

Based on that trailer, this is my guess of what the story is about:

Back in the day, Wolverine saved the old guy from Silver Samurai. As a thanks, he tells Wovlerine he can now lose the powers and die. Wolvie does it, but then he's attacked at the old guy's "funeral".

We start to get insight that Silver Samurai is back, and now Wolvie is screwed. At the end we find out that the old guy took Wolvie's healing powers and kept himself alive and rejuvenated and has actually been Silver Samurai all along.

Work in Wolverine getting his powers back either right before the final battle or right after.

Not to have a snarky first post but how can you watch that trailer and not at the very least understand that Wolverine saved the old man from a bomb during the war? How...how is that not something you can grasp? Where do you get the Silver Samurai thing?

I just don't understand why they couldn't do a fairly straight adaptation of the original Wolverine mini-series. It's my understanding that's what Aranofsky was going to do. What have this powers thing? Why have a bombastic train fight sequence? I'm not saying I wanted a Watchmen/Sin City type deal where they recreate the book shot for shot. But the source material is so strong, and would have been so unique in the superhero movie genre, it's just a shame. This really just seem like they made a sequel to Origins, instead of daring to go in a whole new direction.

I just don't understand why they couldn't do a fairly straight adaptation of the original Wolverine mini-series. It's my understanding that's what Aranofsky was going to do. What have this powers thing? Why have a bombastic train fight sequence? I'm not saying I wanted a Watchmen/Sin City type deal where they recreate the book shot for shot. But the source material is so strong, and would have been so unique in the superhero movie genre, it's just a shame. This really just seem like they made a sequel to Origins, instead of daring to go in a whole new direction.

I mean let's wait til we watch the movie before we make assumptions about what the actual story is going to be.

To me, it looks like it's probably sticking pretty good to the books. Not 100%, no, but I can already see a lot of the major plot points from the books.

If that's the case, I wonder why he'd attempt to kill Logan. Logan finally gets his wish to be mortal, the old guy can live on, why not just have them both go their separate ways?
Because it's never that simple.

Aronofsky's version wasn't a direct adaptation of the Frank Miller comic, it took an large ammount of liberties in it's own right.

Oberton Sexton, how do you know this? do you have aranofsky's script?

After his Batman treatment, I don't want to know what he had planned for Wolverine.

I would have loved to seen his take on Batman just for the heck of it in an elseworlds type thing... Like imagine if there were a parallel universe to see these films, if someone could build a machine that could take us to these parallel universes, then i'd want to see his version of those films, especially Batman, Wolverman and Watchman, those three i'd love to see his take on

plus he was original offer to do Man of Steel before Zach Quinto got the job. I would have loved to have seen his take.

The only problem is imagine if you DO go to the alternate universe and he still bails on the project, then you have to travel to another one to see what he does next, would be very trick-filled.

Anyhow, back to Wolverine - the intensity of fighting against Silver Sam is truly intense yes I agree, but I hope CG on computer effects scenery of visual effects of the train scene is markedly improve with passage of time. How can they improve it? Do they use software manipulation? I always wonder how they get things to look so real and others to look so fake intentionally.

Not to have a snarky first post but how can you watch that trailer and not at the very least understand that Wolverine saved the old man from a bomb during the war? How...how is that not something you can grasp? Where do you get the Silver Samurai thing?

Sorry, I meant back in the day, Silver Samurai's identity would have been a secret, and Wolverine saved some guy's life, unknown to him that that's who it was. So then SS would want revenge, and this would be it for him. Make himself powerful, and strip Wolvie bare - THEN he can have his revenge. I dunno, I just think it would be an interesting angle to try out. Haha

Getting revenge from getting saved from an Atomic Bomb? Ok.

Anyhow, back to Wolverine - the intensity of fighting against Silver Sam is truly intense yes I agree, but I hope CG on computer effects scenery of visual effects of the train scene is markedly improve with passage of time. How can they improve it? Do they use software manipulation? I always wonder how they get things to look so real and others to look so fake intentionally.

it isn't silver samurai who cuts his cheek if i'm not mistaken. i say this because the guy fighting wolverine is not silver and may or may not be a samurai either lol.

I wonder how many Samurais he'd fight shirtless and at night. I'm pretty sure it's him, just after Wolverine stripped him of most of his armor.

I wonder how many Samurais he'd fight shirtless and at night. I'm pretty sure it's him, just after Wolverine stripped him of most of his armor.

i guess we can know for sure by checking the actor's face in the trailer? i'm not sure who is playing silver samurai so i'll leave it to someone else :p

personally i think it is a different person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back