The Wolverine THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. The anticipation is gonna kill me leading up to the movie's release...

Anywho, I like what I've seen so far in the trailer. Definitely digging the tone and feel of what the movie is gonna be like.

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-9.jpg

This scene reminds me of the last Dark Knight film when Bruce Wayne is trying to crawl out of the Great Hole and the men below are chanting about "Pasta, Pasta!" :funny:

When I first saw that still last week it took me awhile to understand what is going on with Wolverine's right arm. At first it looks like it's fading away or disappearing, then I realized there is another rock in the foreground obstructing part of the view.

I don't think there actually is another rock in the foreground... is there? Its hard to tell.

No, that's just a low quality screenshot. It's because his arm is partially charred from the blast.

Oh, so my first impression was accurate then. It's weird because it almost looks like his arm has faded into the rock or something. But it's most likely the mud and staining that makes that appear so.

Okay, yea, I see it now.

Saw this on RottenTomatoes, apparently there's a colorized version of the poster.

8oPOFax.jpg

Personally I love Jackman's delivery in the trailer. I dig the more low-key ruggedness.

Jackman's voice is perfect. :up: He's the 90's cartoon Wolverine with all the camp removed. Organic, emotional, rough, raw, tortured.

I don't think there's ever been a more spot-on casting for a superhero next to Rob Downey for Tony Stark. Well, Cavill looks like he's gonna be pretty close too. :woot:

Last edited:
But the audience doesn't see this change, so it doesn't feel natural. I too think going for a cure angle once again doesn't feel natural and goes over the same ground again.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's unnatural. You just have to imagine some stuff yourself, not everything needs to be explained. I have no problem imagining Wolverine going from X3 ending state to the start of The Wolverine. There are not that many pieces one have to add. And hopefully the movie itself will add some of it's own. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the problem here if you just use some imagination.

I somwhat agree with the cure angle being a bit of a retread, but I'm waiting to see how it's being presented and in what context. Personally I hope that the cure thing is more of a plot device than a huge part of the whole story arc.

I loved the trailer, and actually really liked the train sequence. I thought the effects looked fine. Train sequence looks like it's going to be an andrenaline rush. I'm glad The Wolverine isn't going to pretend to be some 'artsy' movie. I'm not sure why so many of you wanted that.

Well, for one thing, the miniseries it's based on is kinda artsy. And I don't want The Wolverine to pretend to be anything.

Even so, I read xmen comics for the story AND the action. Same with xmen movies. I'm looking forward to this in a big way.

Yeah, I doubt the comic it's based on is actually 'artsy'. It may try to ask questions and explore some concepts, but there's a way to go before it becomes 'artsy'. I think The Wolverine can explore some themes without trying to be something it's not.

But the audience doesn't see this change, so it doesn't feel natural. I too think going for a cure angle once again doesn't feel natural and goes over the same ground again.

That was my first thought. More cures? Sigh.

With this film, 3 out of the 5 X-Men films will have been mainly about the giving and/or taking away of mutant powers. Four if you loosely count X-Men Origins with the Weapon X/XI stuff.

I don't see it as 'more cures' since in X3 and before Wolverine never showed much interest in it. Post X3 where it's likely people know it's a dud and the X-men are no more and Wolverine is struggling with the loss of Jean, then I can see Wolverine being more interested when an old friend offers him an out he never considered was possible.

is the budget for this really only 100 million. If so, kudos to the studio. The Wolverine will hopefully show people that you don't need 200 plus million dollars to make a good comic book movie. having intense fight scenes with wolverine is a nice change of pace to the 'splosion fest a lot of other movies resort to.

bigger aint always better.

to think the amazing spider-man cost 230 million...

Jackman's voice is perfect. :up: He's the 90's cartoon Wolverine with all the camp removed. Organic, emotional, rough, raw, tortured.

:

Agreed. Jackman delivers a far better vocal performance than Blum, the latter remaining tediously one note, wearing the iconic growl even to the most emotionally inappropriate tone, whereas Jackman composes a three dimensional soundscape, a man who delivers understated movie coolness, but also fear, doubt, anxiety, and sorrow, cockyness and sensitivity, be unexpectedly noble and astonishingly feral.

Last edited:
Will they show his father to be that of absorbing powers to try to make the film about fahters and sons and their logical relationships and illogical choices with each other, like sins of father go to the sons to make it very artistic and retro like other successful marvel film franchises have done.

Remember, bathar al ul wurg... that's the name of which these films all have to stand on whether it's for peace, posterioty or action. Action is only a means to try to bring violence to the screen. These films SHOULD argue for peace, I hope Wolverine finds peace in Japan and rests there. Lord knows he's probably wondering around right now wondering what to do as all the life arounds him passhes by with his unique immortality given to him by Adamantium metallics workings into his skull, bones, claws, sacrum and pelvis.

is the budget for this really only 100 million. If so, kudos to the studio. The Wolverine will hopefully show people that you don't need 200 plus million dollars to make a good comic book movie. having intense fight scenes with wolverine is a nice change of pace to the 'splosion fest a lot of other movies resort to.

bigger aint always better.

to think the amazing spider-man cost 230 million...
That $100 million could be the amount after the Australian tax breaks.

I think a good Wolverine Movie could even be done for 50-60 Million. It doesn't always need to be a giant spectacle. I always thought Wolverine's adventure's would work best on a smaller scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"