The Wrestling Thread has diagrams. DIAGRAMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...so you've done a detailed analysis and counted or talked to every person in every wwe crowd? thats impressive. :o

Figure seems pretty lowball.

Actually, I'm being generous. Cena gets the occasional 50/50 crowd, but his supporters (the high-pitched squeal that is heard just before it's engulfed by booming booing) are sometimes just a smattering.

Agreed, if you look at Cena's two biggest feuds, Edge and Punk, there was a lot of back and forth, Cena is smart enough to realize that if he finds the right opponents a rivalry is better for business than getting fed schlub after shlub.

Yeah thats a great point. If Hogan had had that kind of back and forth with a few other quality stars I can imagine him drawing even more money be extending the shelf life of some of the top feuds he had for even longer. Him vs Savage was always a big deal but it could have been even more potent. The same with Hogan vs Flair even though his on again off again feud with Flair wasn't nearly as good as his on again/off again with Savage.

Edge vs Cena did indeed help everyone involved and helped WWE long term.

One thing I'll give Hogan over Triple H is that Hogan knew the value of not belittling his opponent. Look back at Hogan vs Earthquake at Summerslam 90, this was Hogan's "comeback" yet he only won by DQ, 'Quake kicked out of the leg drop if I'm not mistaken and then dominated the post-match fight, Hogan clearly with his eye on a potential money spinning rematch, he did the same 5 years later with Vader in WCW, he always saw the logic in vulnerability and building up the monster before he slayed it. Triple H was all smug jokes in similar feuds, including this Lesnar feud where his promos are all about how badass he is.

Agreed. Hogan was smart enough not to take his foes lightly the way Triple H does pretty much most of the time. Hogan sold them as big threats to build up the match. Like you said HHH often didn't unless it was someone like Austin or HBK or Taker. He never did for Big Show or Kane what Hogan did for Bundy or Studd or Earthquake.

Hogan knew how to "sell" a monster better than most as you yourself have said many times. He knew he had to be the underdog at times. Triple H rarely gave a sh**. He was the most badass guy around even when it didn't make sense. With Triple H its often about putting himself over. Hogan would NEVER kill a potential feud with a put down before the damn match unless it was someone not worthy of being in the ring with him and even then that still rarely ever happened. I know Triple H sees himself as a wiseass cool guy but even Hollywood Hogan wouldn't blow Barett off by hitting him in the balls and walking off. He was a champion at the time. That was just silly and served no purpose in the grand scheme of things.

There's a lot of blame to go around for Goldberg's run in WWE (including at Bill himself) but I still find it interesting that Hogan at least at some point saw the potential in working Goldberg while HHH often seemed even more interested in protecting his image than even Hogan was even though they both had these heel groups to fight for them.

There's so many times Triple H has put pimping his own cool guy image over business. He will literally break kayfabe just for a joke while Hogan never really did that much. The Katie Vick stuff was a farce. It might not have been his idea but it was just a farce. I never took Kane as seriously after that. The less said about that feud where Haitch put Big Show's hand in a cast the better.

Hogan never would have openly put Punk down before a match like HHH did with that "skinny fat a**" comment.

Actually, I'm being generous. Cena gets the occasional 50/50 crowd, but his supporters (the high-pitched squeal that is heard just before it's engulfed by booming booing) are sometimes just a smattering.

Yeah right. :o thats because the loud a**ed smarks drown them out with effort and base. Going by what you just said here it can't be 20-25 percent in general. I wouldn't even say its 50/50 all the time but its not as low as you claim either.

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
Not only would it not be athletic it would feature a toned down Lesnar, there is no way Rock is gonna take the stiff beating Cena and Triple H took when working with him.

As far as I'm concerned Rocky can take his a** back to Hollywood. For a while. Lesnar could do far more for the company than lose to the Rock...who will be gone the next week anyway.

Its too soon to tell but like I said before I still get this feeling Taker may have given The Shield a better rub than Rocks done for anyone on the WWE roster in the last three years. The Cena fued was a half damp squib. Granted The Shield guys have more potential to run with a big rub than Miz's interaction with Rock but even with Punk I don't think working with Rock did as much for Punk as it should have.

Another round of Punk vs Cena STILL looks more interesting than either match Punk had with The Rock.

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
Punk is the best I've seen since Shawn Michaels as a total package. Aries is a better athlete for sure and scores high in all categories, but Punk scores higher in them, especially psychology-wise and on the mic, I'd actually say Roode is closer to matching Punk than Aries is.

I think even though Aries is more flashy and easily charismatic Roode has more of a main event feel. A big time feel. I don't mean just the look either but something deeper. He's funny but with him its not always about being funny. Its about being all business when it matters.

I can also see Roode generating more hatred as a top heel whereas even as a heel its harder to hate Aries. For me it is anyway.

Agreed. Hogan was smart enough not to take his foes lightly the way Triple H does pretty much most of the time. Hogan sold them as big threats to build up the match. Like you said HHH often didn't unless it was someone like Austin or HBK or Taker. He never did for Big Show or Kane what Hogan did for Bundy or Studd or Earthquake.

Hogan knew how to "sell" a monster better than most as you yourself have said many times. He knew he had to be the underdog at times. Triple H rarely gave a sh**. He was the most badass guy around even when it didn't make sense.

Hogan never would have openly put Punk down before a match like HHH did with that "skinny fat a**" comment.

Eh...NO. Hogan is still the undisputed worst offender in history when it comes to burials, even of big guys. Case in point: SNME mega-powers meltdown. Savage leaves Hogan in the ring against the Twin Towers. Hogan not only defeats them via pin, he immediately leaves the ring to look for Savage while Akeem and BBM were treated as an afterthought.

Hogan only made himself vulnerable to a sneak attack early in a feud. Once he actually had a match, he would destroy his opponent, no-sell their finisher (see WM 2, WM 5) and beat them worse in subsequent matches.

And Punk? Hogan was reknown for how little regard he had for small wrestlers, especially in his WWF glory days on '84-'92. If he even granted Punk a match, he would have no-sold the GTS, broken the Anaconda Vice, and pinned Punk with his slow-motion legdrop.

The rematch would have consisted of Hulk vs the SES, with Serena at ringside. Despite Serena giving Hulk 3 chair shots to the head while Mercury is distracting the ref, Hulk still shakes his mullet, sucks spaghetti, and beats down Punk, Gallows, and Mercury for the pin.

Eh...NO. Hogan is still the undisputed worst offender in history when it comes to burials, even of big guys. Case in point: SNME mega-powers meltdown. Savage leaves Hogan in the ring against the Twin Towers. Hogan not only defeats them via pin, he immediately leaves the ring to look for Savage while Akeem and BBM were treated as an afterthought.

Hogan only made himself vulnerable to a sneak attack early in a feud. Once he actually had a match, he would destroy his opponent, no-sell their finisher (see WM 2, WM 5) and beat them worse in subsequent matches

Eh...YES. Hogan was at least one of the top draws of all time and one of the biggest names ever. Vince Jr's modern WWF/E was very much built on his popularity. Whats HHH's excuse? He can't even claim to be a tenth of the star or draw Hogan was to excuse the sh** pulled.

Sticking your d*** in the bosses daughter just means your name is one of the big ones on the company letterhead not on the honest list of all time greats.

HHH wasn't protecting his spot because he was the cash cow he was doing it to stroke his ego and nothing else. Screwed Orton any chance he got when it mattered most and couldn't even BOTHER to drop the belt to Jeff Hardy directly. He used a middle man.

HHH made sure Booker T jobbed to him after basically saying his kind couldn't hack it then years later Booker jobbed to him AGAIN in a feud where HHH didn't even show up until the match.

The last times he was going over Hardy and Punk they were already hotter draws than HHH. These weren't midcarders but two of the top full timers in the company at the time.

And Punk? Hogan was reknown for how little regard he had for small wrestlers, especially in his WWF glory days on '84-'92. If he even granted Punk a match, he would have no-sold the GTS, broken the Anaconda Vice, and pinned Punk with his slow-motion legdrop.

The rematch would have consisted of Hulk vs the SES, with Serena at ringside. Despite Serena giving Hulk 3 chair shots to the head while Mercury is distracting the ref, Hulk still shakes his mullet, sucks spaghetti, and beats down Punk, Gallows, and Mercury for the pin.

This is a bunch of rambling speculation about stuff that didn't even happen. its worthless in the comparison. Hunter and I are talking about stuff that DID happen. Not biased dislike driven what ifs.

When was the last time Hogan made fun of someones roids/drug test failure on the air just to put them down? When was the last time Hogan called the hottest draw in the company at the time a skinny fata** on the air live? What he and Nash did to Punk was disgusting. Hogan at least had the business sense not to belittle someone on live tv BEFORE making money off a big match.

Unlike Hogan HHH has NO EXCUSES to fall back on for his bullsh**. If anything when he did get closest to being "the guy" in 2003 business was going down. HHH is literally going to run the company one day and he STILL feels the need to put himself over like a mark. Why? Whats the point at this stage? He's got it all. He's just that into kissing his own a**

As an exec he still lets Lesnar job to him when there was no need for it and instead Brock's aura should be protected. he's closer to his prime and far more impressive than HHH is at this point. Even though he should be more concerned than ever about the company's business he just can't help himself.

Triple H was the FIRST guy in the room to say "f*** Bret. If he won't do business we'll do business for him." Ever the politician in a match he wasn't even IN.

Then later that night after the screwjob he lied about it to Julie Harts face like a low down drooped face hound dog. Some man. He's caught ON CAMERA lying to someone about his part in stabbing another wrestler in the back and years later he admitted it.

This isn't gossip or speculation. He's on camera lying...then years later on camera again admitting he lied.

Last edited:
The two new WWE Divas appearing on that E! reality show.

BKsRXQj.jpg

Eva Marie (white dress) & Jo-Jo Offerman (black dress)

Last edited:
cm punk would be marking out the entire time while jobbing to hogan.

also, hhh has had michael cole call him legendary and he plays it off now like he is and he hasnt done anything worthy of it aside a couple of good matches in 2000. hes horrible at promos and hogs up tv time and buried like 20 potential stars to get himself over.

Last edited:
Didn't Hogan actually say he wouldn't lose to Bret Hart because "nobody would buy some guy in pink tights beating me" or something along those lines for WMIX ?

I don't know the exact quote , but it probably ended with the word "brother". Bret says Vince promised him a match with Hogan at Summerslam the year Hogan left for WCW. Bret still holds it against Hogan this day for that match not happening and not being passed the proverbial torch.

I think Hogan and Triple H are both nasty politicians. The main difference is that Hogan was more entitled. I think Triple H had to do a lot of clawing .When he put over Batista it seemed like Triple H just agreed to that so he would still be in the main event picture. He's a hard worker and earned a good spot , but everything he does seems fishy.

cm punk would be marking out the entire time while jobbing to hogan.

I wouldn't be that star struck after the guy refused to acknowledge my attempt to show him respect.

Choosing who's done worse things between Hogan and Triple H is tough, but Hogan comes out looking better because he was the man and Triple H tries to make himself bigger than he is.

I wouldn't be that star struck after the guy refused to acknowledge my attempt to show him respect.

Choosing who's done worse things between Hogan and Triple H is tough, but Hogan comes out looking better because he was the man and Triple H tries to make himself bigger than he is.

this here shows how hhh thinks of himself.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4RebbQqQz4[/YT]

Hogan beating Sting cleanly when he was the top heel and Sting was the uber face at Starrcade 97 pretty much Sting look pathetic too...and I know Sting "won," but the way he did with a restart of the match after Hogan clearly pinned him cleanly made him look even more pathetic than if Hogan had cheated to win.

I've always loved Hogan as a wrestling personality and as an extremely entertaining performer, but those two things always really stood out to me as far as burying top guys of the time.

I think the whole way Sting was booked with the whole never wrestling or speaking was boring as hell so I hated his character at the time anyway for reasons that weren't his fault, but the way that match went still made him look awful.

Eh...YES. Hogan was at least one of the top draws of all time and one of the biggest names ever. Vince Jr's modern WWF/E was very much built on his popularity. Whats HHH's excuse? He can't even claim to be a tenth of the star or draw Hogan was to excuse the sh** pulled.

Sticking your d*** in the bosses daughter just means your name is one of the big ones on the company letterhead not on the honest list of all time greats.

HHH wasn't protecting his spot because he was the cash cow he was doing it to stroke his ego and nothing else. Screwed Orton any chance he got when it mattered most and couldn't even BOTHER to drop the belt to Jeff Hardy directly. He used a middle man.

HHH made sure Booker T jobbed to him after basically saying his kind couldn't hack it then years later Booker jobbed to him AGAIN in a feud where HHH didn't even show up until the match.

The last times he was going over Hardy and Punk they were already hotter draws than HHH. These weren't midcarders but two of the top full timers in the company at the time.

This is a bunch of rambling speculation about stuff that didn't even happen. its worthless in the comparison. Hunter and I are talking about stuff that DID happen. Not biased dislike driven what ifs.

When was the last time Hogan made fun of someones roids/drug test failure on the air just to put them down? When was the last time Hogan called the hottest draw in the company at the time a skinny fata** on the air live? What he and Nash did to Punk was disgusting. Hogan at least had the business sense not to belittle someone on live tv BEFORE making money off a big match.

Unlike Hogan HHH has NO EXCUSES to fall back on for his bullsh**. If anything when he did get closest to being "the guy" in 2003 business was going down. HHH is literally going to run the company one day and he STILL feels the need to put himself over like a mark. Why? Whats the point at this stage? He's got it all. He's just that into kissing his own a**

As an exec he still lets Lesnar job to him when there was no need for it and instead Brock's aura should be protected. he's closer to his prime and far more impressive than HHH is at this point. Even though he should be more concerned than ever about the company's business he just can't help himself.

Triple H was the FIRST guy in the room to say "f*** Bret. If he won't do business we'll do business for him." Ever the politician in a match he wasn't even IN.

Then later that night after the screwjob he lied about it to Julie Harts face like a low down drooped face hound dog. Some man. He's caught ON CAMERA lying to someone about his part in stabbing another wrestler in the back and years later he admitted it.

This isn't gossip or speculation. He's on camera lying...then years later on camera again admitting he lied.

Sorry, I've never bought the idea that Hogan had any part of building Vince's empire. It was the reverse. Vince McMahon took a balding, uncoordinated bodybuilder, hid his flaws, gave him logos/colors/catchphrases and made an entire generation of kids believe they were seeing something special. Hogan was Vince's greatest construct.

And never belittled an opponent before a feud? Right. Remember, this is the same guy who went on Regis and Kathy Lee and repeatedly called his upcoming opponent "The Underweartaker".

Triple H last held a world title at the age of 39. Since then, he's accepted a reduced role in the company as it tries to reinvent itself. While it's fair to say he's won some matches in recent years which he shouldn't have, he hasn't been the company centerpiece in a long time.

Let's contrast that to Hogan at the same age. He returned to the WWF in '93 (age 39), where he squashed the WWF champion in less than a minute at WM 9. He then went to Japan where he insulted the WWF belt (calling it "a toy") and proceeded to beat the IWGP champion.

At the age of 40, Hogan headed to WCW where he won the world title in his FIRST MATCH and jobbed Ric Flair, the then-company centerpiece, into retirement after a few months. He held the belt for over a year and only lost it by a DQ stip. He also pushed aside young talents like Steve Austin to push his over-the-hill friends like Duggan, Honky Tonk, and the Nasty Boys.

Hogan then won 4 more WCW titles after the age of 40 (not to mention the WWF title at 48), and was one of the key factors in killing WCW as he convinced Bischoff to keep bringing in high-priced talent with no ideas about what to do with them other than feed them to Hulk. Hogan only did something like 4 jobs in his entire 6 years with WCW.

He returned to the WWF where he continued his legacy of being about Hulk and only Hulk. He went on record say that Rock "passed the torch back to (him)" at Wrestlemania. He left the company because Vince "wouldn't treat him like the star he was". Evidently, one world title reign wasn't enough.

When Hulk returned the company at the age of 52, he refused to job for HBK, who was still a top performer on the full-time roster. A year later, Randy Orton, an up-and-coming main eventer, was fed to Hogan.

In short, I don't think any political posturing that HHH has done is anywhere close to Hogan. Hulk Hogan is, without a doubt, the biggest egomaniac and CANCER the wrestling business has ever seen or ever will see.

Sorry, I've never bought the idea that Hogan had any part of building Vince's empire. It was the reverse. Vince McMahon took a balding, uncoordinated bodybuilder, hid his flaws, gave him logos/colors/catchphrases and made an entire generation of kids believe they were seeing something special. Hogan was Vince's greatest construct.

Uh...you don't buy it because you don't want to or refuse to. That doesn't mean its not true. This right here shows your pushing a biased view or you don't know what you're talking about. Vince Jr didn't even NAME Hogan fer christs sake. That happened well before he came back to the WWF in 1983. Vince Jr DIDN'T give him the gimmick. He was doing that before he left the AWA. Rocky III was a big part in getting Hogan even more national exposure early on. Again something Vince Jr had nothing to do with. If anything HOGANS efforts there only helpd Vince when he was pushing Hogan. He used that media exposure that Hogan got for himself as a springboard.

You point to stuff in the WWF but either forgot or ignored everything that happened before that. Vince Sr did more to lay the foundation for Hogans gimmick than Jr did and this was still before the WWWF/WWF became a national juggernaut. He got the "Hulk" moniker thanks to a talk show appearance long before Vince gave him the belt in 1984.

The Undertaker was Vince's greatest personal creation. He had far more to do with that than he did with Hogans entire persona and gimmick.

What Vince Jr. did do for Hogan was put the WWF machine behind him and accentuate what was already there. If it was so easy Vince's other attempts like Nash and Luger on top wouldn't have flopped. Hogan may be an a**hole but that doesn't mean he didn't have an innate something special. He had a charisma that a so called Adonis like Luger didn't. These other guys had far better looks but Hogan outdid them. If anything that goes against what you say about Hogan. Luger and Nash should have been EASIER for the WWE hype machine to push but they bombed as potential new top guys.

Hogan had the "Hulkamania" thing in the AWA for Gods sake. How the f***did Vince McMahon GIVE it to him then? Ideas like merchandise and stuff were things Hogan was coming up with first. That sone reason he left the AWA. Vince was just more willing to do things Hogan already wanted to than Gagne was. What Vince did was put his resources and the reach of cable tv behind Hogan.

Triple H had the same WWE marketing machine behind him and he never even sniffed Hogans kind of sucess despite all the perks he got and the politicking he did. If anything WWF had more to do with making Triple H "The Game" than the WWF did in making Hogan "The Hulkster." Triple H wasn't anywhere close to doing his most sucessful gimmick when he was in WCW. Hogan was when he was in the AWA.

And never belittled an opponent before a feud? Right. Remember, this is the same guy who went on Regis and Kathy Lee and repeatedly called his upcoming opponent "The Underweartaker".

Well first off I just want to ask why Triple H called Lillian Garcia of all people horse faced? For no other reason than to embaress someone. A woman who isn't even a wrestler at that. Foley called him out on this.

With Triple H's profile he's got no room to talk. That takes a real a**hole to attempt that. Now...

...Hogan was the face and Taker was the heel. What...did you expect them to play nice and hold hands during the feud? Triple H has done worse.

A juiced up wanna be like HHH has no right joking about how somebody failed a drug test on Smackdown.

Triple H last held a world title at the age of 39. Since then, he's accepted a reduced role in the company as it tries to reinvent itself. While it's fair to say he's won some matches in recent years which he shouldn't have, he hasn't been the company centerpiece in a long time.

You mean like when he DIDN'T go over the hottest guy in WWE at the time, CM Punk? :o Riiiiight. Just like he didn't go over one of the top heels in Brock Lesnar at Mania. HHH has still made every attempt to hog the spotlight that he could. While taking that so called reduced role as an exec he's still inserted himself in high caliber matches where he was going over guys he didn't need to. Thats a shameless conflict of interest and yet he doesn't give a damn about that. If he's office be office. Thats his official job now and he should be worried about that instead of making talented rising stars who might be good draws job to him.

He never deserved to be the company centerpiece in the first place. Where was that huge period where he drew alone on top? Oh yeah it didn't happen.

Bringing up titles is a weak point because when you compare the number of world titles Triple H has to Hogans across eras and even companies Triple H STILL has more world title reigns than Hogan despite never being the draw Hogan was. At least Hogan racked his up in two different companies. The Nose of Noses has been so busy chasing Ric Flair he's hogged wins of two world titles like a mark every chance he got. Who as the first heel to win a world title match at Wrestlemania? Triple H. He made sure of that.

Who is the guy who has kept on flip flopping for years on the WWE title match going on last (like arguing over the order of Rock/Hogan and HHH/Jericho) when it suited his purposes (and his ego)? Triple H.

Let's contrast that to Hogan at the same age. He returned to the WWF in '93 (age 39), where he squashed the WWF champion in less than a minute at WM 9. He then went to Japan where he insulted the WWF belt (calling it "a toy") and proceeded to beat the IWGP champion.

Didn't say it was right but again even then Hogan was still a bigger name and draw than Triple H ever was. At least Hogan was more justified than The Son In Law, who has stayed at or near the main event for years past his expiration date because he was sticking it to the head writer/booker in the sack. Shouldn't that alone be a confict of interests?

Triple H is the guy who was so afraid of looking weak in a gaming magazine that WWE sent a letter asking them "not to put Triple H in weak or compromising positions" in the screen captures for the article.

At the age of 40, Hogan headed to WCW where he won the world title in his FIRST MATCH and jobbed Ric Flair, the then-company centerpiece, into retirement after a few months. He held the belt for over a year and only lost it by a DQ stip. He also pushed aside young talents like Steve Austin to push his over-the-hill friends like Duggan, Honky Tonk, and the Nasty Boys.

Kinda like Triple H brought back his over the hill buddies like Kevin Nash to make a fool of Punk then the two of them got to work together instead of Punk of all people getting the rub? Nash was one of the guys who helped Hogan KILL WCW and who could barely walk. Yet he got to cost Punk the WWE title? All this after Nash and HHH's last feud in the early 2000's was a total dud?

Again WCW offered big money for Hogan to come in and while he was a politicing slimeball who was past his prime in hindsight Hogan CAN say he was part of another wrestling boom. Hogan could still be a big draw back then. Triple can't make that claim nearly as strongly. Hogan was lucky enough to hook up with Hall and Nash in WCW but again so was Triple H in WWF. And he was even more lucky to ride Shawn Michaels coattails. The Kliq is the group who thumbed their nose at tradition with the curtain call just to pat themselves on the back. In Triple H's case he needed a giant novelty thumb.

Hogan then won 4 more WCW titles after the age of 40 (not to mention the WWF title at 48), and was one of the key factors in killing WCW as he convinced Bischoff to keep bringing in high-priced talent with no ideas about what to do with them other than feed them to Hulk. Hogan only did something like 4 jobs in his entire 6 years with WCW.

Again he could at least claim SOME justification even if he did all that. Where is HHH's excuse?

He returned to the WWF where he continued his legacy of being about Hulk and only Hulk. He went on record say that Rock "passed the torch back to (him)" at Wrestlemania. He left the company because Vince "wouldn't treat him like the star he was". Evidently, one world title reign wasn't enough.

Hogan also had a brief period of being red hot again. Again when was the last time Triple H got the kind of response that Hogan got aroung that period that justified a lot of quality talent jobbing to him? Jericho got what he did in 02 just to be a sacrificial lamb at the alter of HHH's ego. And HHH still got overshadowed by old man Hogan that night despite the fact that Hogan LOST his match. HHH went over and he still couldn't touch Hogan.

Speaking of Jericho how many times has HHH made sure Jericho jobbed to him?

When Hulk returned the company at the age of 52, he refused to job for HBK, who was still a top performer on the full-time roster. A year later, Randy Orton, an up-and-coming main eventer, was fed to Hogan.

Triple H has been f***ing Randy Orton over for most of his career. Its way worse than what even Hogan did to him. If this is one of your examples its piss poor because he's screwed Orton when he had the biggest shots of his career at becoming something more. This is the guy who had to wrestle three times in one night to lose the belt to Orton AND somehow felt it was ok to hold the title for one 3 hour PPV when there was no point in it other than to bump up his number of reigns like the mark he is. Sh** like that only devalues the belt.

In short, I don't think any political posturing that HHH has done is anywhere close to Hogan. Hulk Hogan is, without a doubt, the biggest egomaniac and CANCER the wrestling business has ever seen or ever will see.

In short, just because you say it to pimp your own narrative of events it doesn't make it true.

If Hogan is the biggest egomaniac the business has ever seen then WHY did a long time WWF booker like Pat Patterson openly criticize HHH's hogging of the spotlight and say it was hurting the company? Which it did. HHH stayed in the main event if Raw for a couple of years while ratings eroded.

The same HHH who sat in on creative and executive meetings while not even "officially" being one at the time. Thats why Booker T left last time. HHH got to do stuff like this but most others didn't. The same HHH who sabotages MICK FREAKIN FOLEY of all people backstage when he should be down on his KNEES kissing Foleys ass for helping make him a star.

The same HHH who tried to cut Kurt Angles legs out from under him by saying "how is it believable that a guy that small can beat me?" ...Until Jerry Brisco stood up for Angle and asked which one of them would beat the others a** in a real match that is.

This is the same HHH who has been so desperate to show he's on his buddy Shawn Michaels level he also had to have back to back Wrestlemania matches with the Undertaker. This is the same guy who who so wants to be on the level of superior performers like Flair and Michaels that he tried to work people into sympathy by putting his career ont he line a few times and when he didn't get the desired reaction from the crowd who saw through his bullsh** he came out blubbering the next night on Raw in a whole show dedicated to his career and what his future might hold. All the while the WWE hype machine pushing this image of him as a great icon.

The difference in all of this is Hogan WAS the man. He drew big money. He was part of getting the highest rated wrestling segment in modern wrestling history. His drawing power was a big part in getting the WWF PPV model off the ground. Like Jim Cornette said HHH was nothing more than the guy the top guy works with to draw money. He's the kind of guy who JOBS to Hogan at the end to draw money and thats exactly what he ended up doing at one point. He was never truly the man even though he acted like he was entitled to the same kind of perks and protection. He thinks he's on the Undertakers level when in reality Taker was taking a world title off one of the biggest stars of all time while HHH was probably mopping up piss aroung the toilets at Killer Kowalskis training camp.

Haitch is a two faced goon who couldn't even bother to put his own pet project Sheamus over clean even AFTER Sheamus had already lost to him before at Wrestlemania. Shouldn't that have been enough for Haitch's ego? Nope.

He's been a B level star that WWE revisionist history has tried to paint as one of the pillars of the company and one of the all time greats. He carried The Kliqs bags to get his nose in the door. Hogan screwed Bret Hart? Triple H made sure he screwed him worse. He helped screw him right out of the company and later shed his crocodile tears when Julie Hart point blank asked him if he had anything to do with the screwjob. Then when Bret was gone they kept Brets little brother locked up in a contract as an insurance policy and let HHH go over him to build him up from being just Shawn Michaels errand boy.

Then after the senior member of DX couldn't go anymore HHH rode the gravy train of DX (the group SHAWN had more to do with legitamizing early on) some more until he was finally ready to do his own thing and took the training wheels off his career. Once he'd used Chyna to accentuate his own image he was on to humping the bosses daughter and dumping Chyna.

This is the same guy who complained about how Warrior treated him but even Warrior called him out for essentially learning the lesson and doing the exact same thing. Particularly with CM Punk.

Triple H is the guy who shortchanged Sting of all people in an attempt to stick his nose right up Ric Flairs ass. When the FACT is Sting was a bigger draw and more sucessful as a true top guy than Triple H ever was. If Sting "never did quite as well for himself," Haitch what does that make your career? Triple H couldn't carry Stings jock. It terms of business Sting did just as well after his first big runs with Flair. Its a lie and HHH knows it. WCW was whipping WWF's ass for a reason for part of the mid 90s and in '96 and '97 Sting was a large part of that reason.

Hogans a liar and a shameless self promoter but he never had to use his wifes family name to hang on near the top. He was able to get the stroke he did because he was OVER. He drew MONEY. He put asses in seats. More than HHH ever did as the top guy. You say Hogan got where he did because of the WWF machine? Triple H has had the exact same WWF machine behind him but he NEVER reached the heights Hogan did as a top star.

The fact is Hogan did end up being a mainstream name. Triple H's "greatness" is mostly smoke and mirrors. A bunch of hype cooked up by WWE marketing. You don't need to tell people who Hogan is. They know.

And when someone DARES try to get bigger than HHH ever was like Jeff Hardy or Cm Punk did Triple H hooks his beak into them like a vampire vulture to keep himself in a state of stardom and relevancy that he NEVER even had in the FIRST PLACE.

Like I said before at least with Hogan he was lying and cheating to keep a spot he had achieved. Triple H never even HAD that spot in the first place. By 2003 there was no WCW in WWE's way as it was when Austin led the WWF back to glory. But Triple H still dropped the ball. Even Hogans WWF faced more competition from the Crocketts than the WWE did when they essentially had a national level monopoly during the HHH championship regime of the early 2000s. There's nothing to justifiy what he's done over the years. Nothing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bullets
I don't know the exact quote , but it probably ended with the word "brother". Bret says Vince promised him a match with Hogan at Summerslam the year Hogan left for WCW. Bret still holds it against Hogan this day for that match not happening and not being passed the proverbial torch.

I think Hogan and Triple H are both nasty politicians. The main difference is that Hogan was more entitled. I think Triple H had to do a lot of clawing .When he put over Batista it seemed like Triple H just agreed to that so he would still be in the main event picture. He's a hard worker and earned a good spot , but everything he does seems fishy.

Originally Posted by AntMan

They've both had a lot of stroke and they've both abused it. There is a reason Bret Hart seems to despise them both. In so many ways they are cut from the same cloth. What it all comes down to in the end is who did more to earn their stroke. Its Hogan. Easily.

At his peak Triple H was at best 1c behind Rock and Austin. Who did more to pay their dues before they got to the top? Hogan. Hogan came up in a much harder era on a much harder schedule where the pay was even more sh**ty. Just imagine driving from town to town for a low payoff during the gas shortage of the 1970's.

Triple H did pay his dues but not as much as Hogan did. There was no national level WWF when Hogan got their the first time in the late 70s. Hogan didn't have much in the way of stroke in the 7 years BEFORE he was WWF champion. If he did he could have gotten Vern to give him that damn AWA title. As soon as HHH walked through the doors of WWF he started being the DD for the Kliq and they all pooled their influence. "Guys looking out for each other" as the told Bret Hart.

Would Triple H REALLY be in the exact same spot he's in today if he wasn't a member of the McMahon family? He's a puffed up higher quality version of Double J in terms of his position. Hogan got the stroke he did and kept the stroke he did because he drew money. Money talks. The end. Despite working with some guys who were MORE talented than many of the men Hogan worked with Haitch never drew as much.

Despite being a better athlete and a better mechanic in the ring he never drew as much. These two guys had the same WWF machine behind them. Heck the machine was more well oiled by the time HHH joined the company. They'd already made a mark in the market that wasn't there in Hogans early days.

Hogan was the the right guy in the right place at the right time but he also had more of "IT." You can't teach "IT." If you could Cena would be as big a draw as Hogan was. Hogan had the machine behind him but if thats all it took WWE would have had a lot more huge stars. The WWE machine doesn't always guarentee someones going to be a huge draw. Its got to be the right guy with the right mindset with the right qualities. If the audience didn't want to like Hogan nothing could have forced them to.

HHH still busted his a** early in his career but even with that he was never Rock. He was never Austin. If he was as good as he claims he should have been at that level. I doubt those guys held him down the way Hogan did with guys like Savage either. HHH had his chance while Rock and Austin were winding down their runs and he coudn't carry the ball as well. He had the same machine behind him Hogan did. Thats why this idea that its ONLY the machine that makes someone is bunk. It takes effort from everyone.

Hogans always been out for himself but at the same time as a draw he still did a lot more to put more money in more pockets than Triple H did as a draw even though both of them screwed a lot of people. A lot of guys wanted be on the same card with Hogan because they knew it would draw money. The business is about making money for these guys. Triple H's nostril stroking didn't even do that as well.

Hogans been "playing" Superstar Graham for most of his career and he surpassed Billy a long time ago. Triple H has loved "playing" Flair/Race but he certainly never has surpassed Flair.

And worst of all despite the fact that he's gonna have it all HHH STILL politics and puts himself over as a wrestler? Why? He's won the golden ticket! He might not have made it to the top of the business as a star but he will essentially RUN the business in America and dictate much of its direction one day. But he's still such a mark that its not enough for him.

Last edited:
It's the wrong gimmick for him, to be honest.

Totally agree. I hope he gets a main even push soon.

Where's
Ambrose vs Taker? :cmad:

I wonder if this is a test to see how good of a match they would have. . . . I don't know, I predicted Cena vs. Taker for WMXXX but that one on one makes me wonder. . . . .

It wont even take that for Brock, he can't stand Cena and may just do it for fun lol.

I remember the first time they were in the ring on RAW how Lesnar took him down and landed a forearm that broke Cena's lips. That wasn't accidental at all. . . . and I loved it! I remember Cena trying to do the infamous smirk but he barely could.

The two new WWE Divas appearing on that E! reality show.

BKsRXQj.jpg

Eva Marie (white dress) & Jo-Jo Offerman (black dress)

Eva Marie :up: Jo-Jo looks like a 14 year old dressed up as Hilary Banks.

Maybe it's because I have only gotten back into watching Raw over the last month or so, but I just cannot get into The Shield. I just don't "get" what makes them so popular/over. I feel like if maybe they were more focused on specific targets (or the entire locker room banded together against them like NWO vs WCW was), I may be more into their gimmick. Also, the intimidating police/SWAT look just doesn't go well with the crazy hair. In their current state, I buy them as upper midcard level, like tag team champs, but I just don't get how everyone seems to just let them run the show and come and go as they please. Like, you would think every time they show up, Cena, Kane, Ryback, Daniels, Undertaker, Orton, Sheamus, etc should all show up to beat their asses instead of just letting them do whatever they want.

Kind of want to see this Eva chick to go at it with Kaitlyn .. in or out of the ring :D

Originally Posted by Calavera
this here shows how hhh thinks of himself
[YT]r4RebbQqQz4[/YT]

And Calavera wins the thread. How the hell did anyone think it was a good idea for Triple H to win at Wrestlemania 19? This whole angle was disgusting.

Triple H stopped just short of calling Booker T a black minstrel. I don't see how this makes him "better" than Hogan. HHH should have lost to booker. Even he has to know that. He took that W though. What jerk. At least he didn't put on blackface and throw a watermelon. DX did give us one of those though. Big shock.

Last edited:
And Calavera wins the thread. How the hell did anyone think it was a good idea for Triple H to win at Wrestlemania 19? This whole angle was disgusting.

Triple H stopped just short of calling Booker T a black minstrel. I don't see how this makes him "better" than Hogan. HHH should have lost to booker. Even he has to know that. He took that W though. What jerk. At least he didn't put on blackface and throw a watermelon. DX did give us one of those though. Big shock.

Well, Hogan once referred to Tony Atlas as a "brown clown" in a promo. How's that grab you?

However, I agree that HHH should have indeed lost the belt to Booker. I've never agreed with the idea that HHH got to the ME by being with Stephanie, because he was there before he started dating her. But after that, he certainly won more often than he should have. Beating Booker, who had endured a demotion in the WWF and fought his way back, is perhaps the worst thing HHH ever did politically in his career.

Well, Hogan once referred to Tony Atlas as a "brown clown" in a promo. How's that grab you?

However, I agree that HHH should have indeed lost the belt to Booker. I've never agreed with the idea that HHH got to the ME by being with Stephanie, because he was there before he started dating her. But after that, he certainly won more often than he should have. Beating Booker, who had endured a demotion in the WWF and fought his way back, is perhaps the worst thing HHH ever did politically in his career.

Not as badly as DX doing an ethnic stereotype skit while they have X-Pac in quasi black face makeup. And its certainly not as bad as what Triple H did to Booker.

"Nappy hair?" "Sing and dance thats what you people do?" "Your kind, your people, aren't good enough?"

Thats horrible. Triple H should have done the job after being that evil.

I don't have any kind of context for what Hogan "suposedly" said to Atlas unless you are going to provide everyone with some full video. HHH was caught on tape on live tv and its pretty obvious what he meant. No mistaking it. Even if he was just pretending he sure didn't mind benefitting from such a disgusting act.

Hogans daughter has dated black guys and it doesn't look like he stopped it. Lets see how well that goes over in the McMahon-Helmsley house when their girls are old enough to date.

As for beating Booker...he made sure he did it AGAIN 4 years later. Too bad Book didn't teach Haitch the lesson he taught his workout buddy Batista. That would have been amusing.

Eonline.com is featuring a quote from "Pain and Gain" director Michael Bay who talked about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson missing the premiere of the film due to undergoing surgery this week for a hernia operation.

Bay added, "Dwayne's hurt tonight,. He was pushing it too hard. [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"