The Wrestling Thread has diagrams. DIAGRAMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what Bay is saying and even agree in a round about way...but what a sh**ty was to say it. Then again he's not known for his tact or taking criticism too well.

The last person who should be telling anyone to grow up is Michal Bay.

The guy that gave the world Skids and Mudflap is telling people to grow up, ladies and gents...

Director Michael Bay cleared up any misconceptions about his earlier statements made towards Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in an E! Online interview at the world premier of "Pain & Gain".

The following statement was made by the official Michael Bay website, and set out by its Twitter account:

"Wrestling fans, it was a joke said on Entertainment Tonight–with a laugh. You can see the clip for yourselves. The most important person to see the on air joke was Dwayne. I love seeing The Rock wrestle. I hope he wrestles 10 more years. I joked on air because Dwayne was not at our LA premiere due to his injury."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/271563-michael-bay-clears-up-statement-made-towards-the-rock

I never thought I'd write anything like this, but that was a solid promo from Ryback last night. It certainly helped to have Foley, one the all-time best mic men, there to help him, but at least Ryback finally did something memorable.

Ryback's heel turn will help him become a better /more well rounded performer.

Not as badly as DX doing an ethnic stereotype skit while they have X-Pac in quasi black face makeup. And its certainly not as bad as what Triple H did to Booker.

"Nappy hair?" "Sing and dance thats what you people do?" "Your kind, your people, aren't good enough?"

Thats horrible. Triple H should have done the job after being that evil.

I don't have any kind of context for what Hogan "supposedly" said to Atlas unless you are going to provide everyone with some full video. HHH was caught on tape on live tv and its pretty obvious what he meant. No mistaking it. Even if he was just pretending he sure didn't mind benefiting from such a disgusting act.

Hogans daughter has dated black guys and it doesn't look like he stopped it. Lets see how well that goes over in the McMahon-Helmsley house when their girls are old enough to date.

As for beating Booker...he made sure he did it AGAIN 4 years later. Too bad Book didn't teach Haitch the lesson he taught his workout buddy Batista. That would have been amusing.

Triple H was obviously trying to get a lot of controversial heat with that promo. It would of been forgivable if the battle plan was to put Booker T over at Mania. Instead it leads me to wonder what they really think behind closed doors. There is just no way this should of happened. I think Vince's biased against WCW might of been the culprit , but even Booker winning and then dropping it back on Raw would of been a better option.

If you look back at old promos some of the wrestlers say things that would never be acceptable today. Society has become more PC. I never saw Hogan say brown clown , but nothing would surprise me. I'd say it even sounds tame compared to some of the angles and things they've done in WWE over the years. They like to push buttons.

wwe went through an era where it tried to push buttons and try to force their horrible stuff down peoples throats(jbl title reign anyone?) thankfully it went away but 2 wrestlers had to die to make it happen

id rather sit in a closet while dennis hopper is outside than a jbl era smackdown

Taker vs Ambrose confirmed for Smackdown. :eek::up:

- Sources have confirmed reports that Brock Lesnar is planning on opening an outfitting business in the rugged wilderness of Alberta.

- It's acknowledged within WWE that several wrestlers on the NXT roster belong on WWE's main roster but Triple H has been particular about having long-term plans ready for new call-ups when they make it to TV.

Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/368885405.php

Whaaaaa? I thought it was a dark match.

- WWE confirmed on last night's episode of Main Event that The Undertaker vs. Dean Ambrose will indeed air on Friday's episode of SmackDown.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/368886540.php

Ambose vs The Undertaker on Smackdown. I would have never expected to see that a few weeks ago.

311023_363641777075200_1724554883_n.jpg

Ryback's heel turn will help him become a better /more well rounded performer.

Triple H was obviously trying to get a lot of controversial heat with that promo. It would of been forgivable if the battle plan was to put Booker T over at Mania. Instead it leads me to wonder what they really think behind closed doors. There is just no way this should of happened. I think Vince's biased against WCW might of been the culprit , but even Booker winning and then dropping it back on Raw would of been a better option.

If you look back at old promos some of the wrestlers say things that would never be acceptable today. Society has become more PC. I never saw Hogan say brown clown , but nothing would surprise me. I'd say it even sounds tame compared to some of the angles and things they've done in WWE over the years. They like to push buttons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVHcQANNdE

Around the 2:40 mark. I don't necessarily have a problem with race being used as part of a story line, it just has to be done carefully. Villains on all kinds of TV shows are racist, but there are ramifications to their ignorance. Hogan's arrogance led to a loss to Atlas, and that's what should have happened to HHH.

EDIT: A friend of mine, 30+ year fan like me, said that Ric Flair once called Butch Reed a "monkey" in a promo. Yikes.

DDP used to call people monkey boy all the time. I can't recall if he ever used it in a feud with a black dude.

I can't believe we'll see Taker vs Ambrose on smackdown. Looking forward to that a lot!

As for some NXT talents I'm intrigued to see what story lines they come up with and who they bring up. Most here know I'm huge fan of Bo Dallas, I can see him as a Bret like face, he just needs a manager or valet. Hope he's back on TV soon. Bray Wyatt has top heel of Smackdown written all over him. Ambrose will be Raw top heel. Leo Kruger is another I can see as a solid mid card addition

Last edited:
JBL's title reign was awesome.

Yep. I remember watching the ppv where he beat Eddie for the belt, and my brother and I were like "if Bradshaw wins this match, it's a joke. There is no way Bradshaw can be champ." I was pissed. Then JBL made me a believer.

Wow I missed a lot. For clarification my point on Hogan vs Triple H was not a case of who has buried more people or who is the bigger ass**le.

It was simply my view that whilst in a feud Hogan understood the value of building his opponent and selling him as a threat, especially if he was facing a beast, Triple H only cares about talking up how badass he is and making snide insider jokes. In fact Triple H even goes out of his way to belittle people he's not even feuding with, devaluing guys like Sheamus and Barrett for zero reason, Hogan never did that because it never made good business sense.

To the other point about Hogan, Vince once said that he could have used
Greg Valentine in the Hulkamania role to build sports entertainment around, I was never a Hogan fan but I call utter bull***t! As Metallo said a large portion of what made Hogan a star was in place in the AWA, Vince just refined it and presented it through the bright lights and big spectacle of his vision. Hogan has an aura and charisma few can match, he was the figurehead of the two boom periods in the business and is simply the greatest star in the history of professional wrestling.

On the Triple H vs Booker situation, I think the call was made by Vince as he had signed Goldberg right on Mania and he needed to keep Triple H strong as that was seen as the money title program down the line for Raw.

Taker vs Ambrose confirmed for Smackdown. :eek::up:

Taker must see something in Ambrose to give him this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"