Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread - Part 1

I feel like most people would get the idea that he only saved peter. he did appear just before peter was meant to die and tell him to not do anything and just go home. how exactly would he save everyone else in that same way? would have been easier to just travel back to before they jumped out of plane... but then it wouldn't have been funny.

Thing is though, not everyone will read that podcast, so they could ignore it if they want. I am a movie fan and didn't know about it myself.

Well, it's not something you HAVE to know.

I just mentioned it pretty much confirms that Reynolds & Co. aren't interested in bringing the rest of the X-Force back. And in the movie it's pretty clear that Peter was his favorite, so I don't think there are any doubts about him saving just him. He couldn't stand Shatterstar, so that's definitely one guy who wouldn't have been saved.

Last edited:
The actor who voices colossus (Stefan Kapicic) told someone at a recent London Comic-con that he believes he will be back for X-FORCE.

Last edited:
The actor who voices colossus (Stefan Kapicic) told someone at a recent London Comic-con that he believes he will be back for X-FORCE.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll be back for X-Force. He's been in the team in the comics, after all, and he'd work great as the clean-cut X-Man who goes against the Force's methods.

latest

Originally I wasn't for it, but Colossus is a lot of fun in these films and has a good relationship established with Wade already. With that last team shot in Deadpool 2 it would be a shame if he didn't show up on some level.

Need some new characters though. Boom Boom, Fantomex, Psylocke, X-23 and Gambit are on the top of my list.

The only other reason why Colossus should join the team is we are never gonna see him with the other iconic X-Men, working together as the X-Men until the MCU version starts development. Anyway take it or leave it.

Originally I wasn't for it, but Colossus is a lot of fun in these films and has a good relationship established with Wade already. With that last team shot in Deadpool 2 it would be a shame if he didn't show up on some level.

Need some new characters though. Boom Boom, Fantomex, Psylocke, X-23 and Gambit are on the top of my list.
would anyone else be interested in seeing Havoc back/ an on the team?

just go back and snatch him from the timeline right before the explosion

What if the team is basically the mutants you see walking away together at the end of deadpool 2?

That would be deadpool, cable, domino, colossus and fire fist

Last edited:

Not another continuity error. Just introduce Boom Boom, Feral, Marrow or someone we haven't seen. Angel, Psylocke, Gambit and Havok would be rebooted anyway, hopefully as part of Mcu's X-Men roster, so need to include them in this.

HavoK has no business being on X-Force. There's other characters that would be better fit

The only other reason why Colossus should join the team is we are never gonna see him with the other iconic X-Men, working together as the X-Men until the MCU version starts development. Anyway take it or leave it.

The reasons Colossus should join the team are obvious. He is a part of the Deadpool franchise and this is what will lead to X-Force. They gave him character and a relationship with the lead. Nough said really. He's already a part of the crew.

I argued before that you could go with the original X-Force team but replace some of the characters with established characters:

Cable
Cannonball --> NTW
Boom Boom
Warpath --> Colossus
Shatterstar --> Deadpool
Feral
Domino

Now I love Shatterstar, so I didn't actually want to see him replaced. This was also before the new movie so I didn't know about Yukio. Now that I've seen the movie, I could see a role for Yukio. Maybe get rid of Feral (who I'm not a fan of). Either way, I really want Boom Boom.

Interestingly enough, it would make for a predominantly female team, which would be refreshing (even if the two leads are male).

The reasons Colossus should join the team are obvious. He is a part of the Deadpool franchise and this is what will lead to X-Force. They gave him character and a relationship with the lead. Nough said really. He's already a part of the crew.

He's too much of a pacifist and anti-kill to be on X-Force. He's an X-men and truly embodies that in DP. Thats why he shouldnt be in X-force. If they need a tank, Warpath would a obvious choice

I argued before that you could go with the original X-Force team but replace some of the characters with established characters:

Cable
Cannonball --> NTW
Boom Boom
Warpath --> Colossus
Shatterstar --> Deadpool
Feral
Domino

Now I love Shatterstar, so I didn't actually want to see him replaced. This was also before the new movie so I didn't know about Yukio. Now that I've seen the movie, I could see a role for Yukio. Maybe get rid of Feral (who I'm not a fan of). Either way, I really want Boom Boom.

Interestingly enough, it would make for a predominantly female team, which would be refreshing (even if the two leads are male).

Im against having Colossus, Yukio and NDW bc that would make it feel too much like DP3. They have a decent base with DP, Cable adn Domino. They should build off of that, not just straight up use everyone from the previous film and add one

I suspect X-Force will feel like an extension of DP2.

Most likely but they really should go in a different direction. It shouldnt be an action comedy but a darker, more serious tale where Deadpool isnt the central character. Id have Cable be the lead protagonist and give it a different vibe than whats expected from the DP films

Question is would Reynolds be all for that? I’ve always thought he was a chill guy but the production easily disposing of part 1’s director says otherwise.

That's like saying Vanessa and all Dp characters should join the X-Force. Colossus is still much more of a X-Men staple. But of course the X-Men is in the past without any Colossus around, and there's no X-Men team film happening set in the present times. So yes, put him in the X-Force movie just so we would see more of him, not that he fits into the group.

He's too much of a pacifist and anti-kill to be on X-Force. He's an X-men and truly embodies that in DP. Thats why he shouldnt be in X-force. If they need a tank, Warpath would a obvious choice

Oh I agree, and that's is why I was always arguing against it. He was barely a member of X-Force in the books and was only there cause of Phoenix 5 shenanigans.

After Deadpool 2 though and his connections with Wade, I don't see why he wouldn't help if they needed him. It makes sense if he's there. Ultimately depends on what they do, but him not showing up in some capacity would be odd.

If he's appearing in a present day X-Men film, it wouldn't be odd at all.

Oh I agree, and that's is why I was always arguing against it. He was barely a member of X-Force in the books and was only there cause of Phoenix 5 shenanigans.

After Deadpool 2 though and his connections with Wade, I don't see why he wouldn't help if they needed him. It makes sense if he's there. Ultimately depends on what they do, but him not showing up in some capacity would be odd.

Colossus being too much of a pacificist to join the X-Force is why he's a perfect addition to the team. Him clashing with the other team members because of their methods creates conflict, and makes it interesting.

Most likely but they really should go in a different direction. It shouldnt be an action comedy but a darker, more serious tale where Deadpool isnt the central character. Id have Cable be the lead protagonist and give it a different vibe than whats expected from the DP films
Ryan Reynolds himself has confirmed that they're going for a very different vibe with X-Force, and that it is one of the main reasons he's so excited about it. It's going to be a proper ensemble piece.

Colossus can still show up in X-Force without being a member of X-Force.

Hmmm...would Strong Guy have worked better since he's played for laughs since Deadpool 1.

Colossus can still show up in X-Force without being a member of X-Force.

Hmmm...would Strong Guy have worked better since he's played for laughs since Deadpool 1.

Nope. I think they nailed Colossus.

As for it being a 'Deadpool show,' he's definitely going to be one of the main characters of the movie, but I think that the movie itself and the narrative will be less driven by his style and humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"