Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Micromind, Nov 17, 2012.

1. TheGuy

TheGuy Well-Known Member

Camera work. Had fans not complained about the shaky cam in BB...

2. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Probably; which is ironic since I thought Nolan did a great job with how he went about doing his action scenes in "Inception", which took place right before TDKR, so it kind of baffles me on how we got some of the stuff that we did in TDKR.

Also, another thing that I noticed is that there are times where a person shoots a gun, nothing happens. What I mean by that is that the gun doesn't even given the illusion that it's been shot; only the sound effect of a gun being shot is added, and it really takes me out of the moment when I see a person get shot, yet not a single bullet wound shown to give off the illusion once more that the guy has been shot.

3. Hawkeye70000000

Hawkeye70000000 Active Member

I noticed than in the beginning when the CIA agent is trying to get info about bane, they stick one the masked men head out and the agent fires his gun, but there was no flash that followed. Unless the speed of the plane moving diffuses that flash I would have that it should have been there.

Also, at the end, fox is trying to get reactor system back online so they could reconnect the device to stabilize it, the system seems to trigger a new program that causes one of the walls to explode and cause the river water to rush in and make reconnecting the device impossible. The ultimate backup to making sure the bomb went off; no trigger needed. (I couldn't remember how the underground complex had been flooded until I was able to watch it again for second time yesterday)

4. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

In the pit, Wayne wears a blue jacket/shirt, very similar to the blue jacket he wore in BB, in the prison at the beginning. (wish his hair/beard was longer in the pit, IMO Bale looked most badass in the prison in BB)

When Alfred brings Bruce his breakfast (when he's in the cave) he brings him the same green juice as he does in BB.

5. TheBat812

TheBat812 Well-Known Member

While many times it seems like people should be shooting, the thing is that bats typically positions himself in between thugs, so they would essentially be shooting towards their own men.

6. BatmanBeyond

BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

That does make sense and the truth is that I've never really been bothered by these apparent blunders while watching the films, they've never hindered my experience. It's only when I look back on these particular scenes that I notice the awkwardness.

7. LtPidgeon

LtPidgeon New Member

I got the Bluray version for Christmas and watched it for the first time today after seeing the movie at an IMAX theatre. I am sure they have shortened the Selena Kyle safe cracking pearl theft scene as I remember her bending down at the safe. In my Bluray version, she places the tray of food on the table and the next shot shows her wearing the pearls. The first we know that she has stolen them is when Bruce Wayne goes to the safe.

I cannot seem to find any reference to this deleted scene elsewhere on the Internet. Even my wife remembered the safe scene. I must add that I remember this scene so vividly because AH was so hot in it. :woot:

8. James.B

James.B In search of the absurd

Nope, the only shot of her bending down was at Dagget's safe in her cat suit. :cwink:

9. BatmanBeyond

BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

Those complaints were rather moot in a sense, because the shaky cam was a conscious decision in BB. It was about seeing things from the perspective of the thugs that Batman beats up and it was also a way to underline the 'fear' aspect (yes, I know that word is also spelled out a lot of times in the movie as well).

10. LtPidgeon

LtPidgeon New Member

There was definitely more of her in the maid outfit. She was hot. I remember her legs. :cwink:

11. James.B

:shock I don't remember that.The only thing I can think of is when she climbs the window. :huh:

12. Hawkeye70000000

Hawkeye70000000 Active Member

While this isn't something that I just noticed, but got me thinking. When batman makes his first appearance, Foley decides to go after the batman and he does this by, what seems like, sending every on duty officer and swat team to this chase. I thought is was interesting that the police couldn't catch batman with all their forces chasing him.

13. LtPidgeon

LtPidgeon New Member

I am positive there was more of a build up to that scene, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere. My mind can't be playing tricks on me as I've been waiting for the Bluray release since I saw this in the summer.

14. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

Just finished watching the film again, and picked up on that too! That return scene is just beyond epic. I think I can honestly say that I flat out love the film now. Only thing that bugs me is the lack of a strong Gotham voice, and still the films length.

I watched it with my mom for the first time and she loved it too. She kept mentioning how Bane had a bad ass voice. There was only one line of dialogue that she couldn't pick up.

15. LtPidgeon

LtPidgeon New Member

Didn't the scene show her dusting the safe for his prints?

16. James.B

I'm pretty sure it didn't.

17. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

I don't recall ever seeing such a scene. I don't think it was shown because we were never meant to find out what she did until Bruce was explaining it to Alfred.

18. vaden78

vaden78 Well-Known Member

The scene in where the special forces are hung from the bridge. I seem to remember in the the theater it was a huge first person camera shot, and not just Bruce seeing it on that television. Anyone else?

19. hammerhedd11

hammerhedd11 OHaiMark

Yeah, it's pretty laughable that people attribute that change to the fans. If Nolan listened to the fans like that, why didn't he change the Bat-voice, or the millions of other complaints?

20. Anita18

Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I only remember it being seen from Bruce's POV on the TV. You see his reaction before you see the bodies hanging.

It's pretty amazing what we think we saw, isn't it? :funny:

21. Anita18

Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Right. It's why it's a twist about the print dust - usually it's be Bruce doing such a thing. :funny:

22. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

You are wrong

23. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

Christian Bale's Eye Wart.

24. vaden78

vaden78 Well-Known Member

It truly is. :)

25. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

Talia jumped out. Bane survived. JGL was wearing a green jacket at the end of the movie.