Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Micromind, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

It was the same exact coat he wore and it's not totally out there that he didn't put his speech someplace else. Heck, I've left movie and concert tickets in my jackets for a long amount of time before.

Both A and B could be possible, although A is most likely since such an indication had to have shown on that tracker which Gordon probably looked at.

2. Anita18

Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Yeah, I'm always finding things in my jackets and it's like, "When did I put THAT there?" :funny:

And I actually thought B is much more likely. Gordon gave Tate the Geiger counter, which would tell them if something on the truck was radioactive. He then threw a tracker on the truck, and checked to see if the tracker was working. Not to see if she was telling the truth. So she just lied.

3. Brem

Brem Well-Known Member

Good point. I'll admit I've done that myself often, especially recently. Looking all over the house for something I had in my pocket a day ago, only to remember it was still there.

Either way, it was great seeing Bane given the speech, and finally knowing how he got it in the first place. I have no idea how I missed it before.

With the bomb, I can accept either scenario, but I'd lean more toward her lying myself as well. He never saw the counter himself, and he did check to see if the tracker was working. After all these viewings, I thought it was a great little detail that just passed right over my head before. And this was my fourth viewing, and I only just noticed.

4. Mgneto

Mgneto Well-Known Member

Just noticed a few things.

First, after Batman saves Catwoman on the rooftop and they get airborne, there's a shot of her breathing heavily and looking nervous. Just makes her reaction once they land a little funnier.

Also, the guys who Selina takes out before giving the kid the apple just lay on the ground sporadically tapping it while Bruce and Selina have their conversation. I guess she got them pretty good.

The one scene that I have so much more appreciation for after viewing it a few times is when Bane says "Speak of the devil, and he shall appear." He speaks so loudly out of the shot and cuts into Daggett's whining that it's legitimately frightening.

5. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Yeah, its like she's preparing herself for takeoff. Being told it's not a car but a flying vehicle would be a surprising revelation. Once it's in the air and flying steadily, all is serene and she takes it all in. Love that little scene. Anne brought humanity to this sassy character in these subtle little ways. Just like her initial reaction to seeing Bruce return. She's not going to apologise or show fear up front.

6. ND Irish

ND Irish Well-Known Member

Very slow on this but I realized how Batman makes the semi turn on the batpod before shooting the truck & making it a ramp for the jump is the back wheel rotates on its side. Completely missed that in theaters (cough 3 times cough) probably because I was taking in such an awesome shot.

I still dont understand how the wheels can flip/rotate like that but I love that they do. Im choosing to believe its because theyre such big tires they can easily be flipped on the axles? Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

7. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

I have no idea how they work but it is such an amazing sight everytime they do. Especially when Catwoman uses the blown up Tumbler as a ramp and does the sidewinding

8. vanson

vanson Well-Known Member

in theory its possible.. in reality not so much. Maybe one time out of ten thousand you wouldnt fall when you'd try those things.

9. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

If you only saw the movie in standard theaters then that's why you didn't notice it but the IMAX screen shows more from top to bottom like on the Bluray, I didn't see the movie in IMAX so I was surprised with the wheels turning too.

10. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

I noticed that both the ending to TDKR and Batman 89 have Batman using an arieal vehicle to transport some type of dangerous item(s) away from Gotham. And both times, the vehicle has trouble pulling up.

11. vanson

vanson Well-Known Member

i noticed something when i recently watched inception.
    marion stabs someone in both movies. three times overall. every time not successful.
    (she should change her weapon of choice ;) )
    also tom hardy pushes a lot of buttons. 2 times in inception and 3 times in TDKR ^^

12. R3M3D1

R3M3D1 Well-Known Member

Inception was basically a casting call for TDKR! with Joseph Gordon Levitt too carrying a lot of the film but not being the main character.

Makes me think if it was a flop would those three have been used...

13. Ant-LOX

Ant-LOX Bathman

I too, since TDK thought that the Bat pod could turn on a dime. The magic has finally been ruined for me by looking at TDKR's extras.

14. TheNewGirl

TheNewGirl Well-Known Member

Hmm I just noticed Talia/Miranda Tate entering the stock exchange. Its when the guys are getting their shoes polished. Theres emphasis on a female entering the stock exchange as both men look at her. We never quite see her face but her hair is IDENTICAL along with her blurred facial structure.

Damn sneaky Nolan!

15. Verbal21

Verbal21 Well-Known Member

I love whenever I find money in an old jacket or something. It could be as small as a few bucks and I feel like I hit the lotto or something:funny:

16. KneelBeforeZod

KneelBeforeZod Well-Known Member

Isn't "quite lovely" the exact same words JGL uses to describe Cotillard in Inception, when the young girl asks what she was like in real life? Vaguely interesting.

KBZ

17. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

Yeah... the "lovely" woman.

18. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

"Lovely" is Nolan's code word for crazy. :hehe:

19. the5timechamp

the5timechamp Well-Known Member

Ugh, wish you hadn't mention the batpod turning...

I went to look at the batpod turning into the alley during the police chase and theres a spot during the turn where you can clearly see the front wheel not attached to the rest of the batpod...:doh:

20. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

I noticed that too the first time in theaters but how do we know for sure it's her? And if it is her is she who Bane nods to later on?

21. JaD

JaD Thriller Night

I think someone posted a picture of a deleted scene of Lucius/Tatelia talking business or whatever and she's wearing the exact same clothes. I think it's definitely her, same with the nod in the stock exchange, who else would Bane be nodding to? Not a henchman. :BA

22. TheNewGirl

TheNewGirl Well-Known Member

Yea, I don't think its coincidence. No way. I love it though, it adds another layer of depth, the ever lurking presence of Miranda/Talia.

23. burns826

burns826 Active Member

I remembered the line from TDK when Bruce gets the new suit,

Lucious: "The separation of the plates makes you more vulnerable to knives and gunfire."

End of TDK: Bruce is shot by Harvey.
    End of TDKR: Bruce is stabbed by Talia.

I thought that was a nice little detail.

24. TheBat812

TheBat812 Well-Known Member

In rewatching BB and TDK, it's incredible how much of it has an impact on TDKR. Nolan could have made no better decision storywise than bringing back the LOS to complete Bruce's story. Definitely the most solid trilogy I've ever seen.

25. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Agreed. I for one loved the idea of the LoS being in TDKR because it only makes sense with Nolan wanting a trilogy and even being inspired by Lord of the Rings, where this main evil has to bookend a trilogy such as LotR and Star Wars. The League of Shadows fit that aspect perfectly with Bruce Wayne's journey in The Dark Knight Trilogy.