The Dark Knight Rises Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Ya, bringing back the LOS, and the teachings/methods that guide Bruce to becoming Batman, but with a skewed ideology was fantastic. Also the idea that Joker forces him to lose his moral compass and become a 'vigilante lost in the struggle for his own gratification,' while Bane's attempt to prove that just pushes Bruce to rediscover his original purpose is just fantastic.

Also, in rewatching TDK, the Dent Act is such a deserved and natural progression of the story told there, and how the system would take advantage of what he'd accomplished and his standing with the people as a symbol for good. We, as viewers, just weren't perceptive enough to see it coming, haha.

Last edited:
I started paying attention to the background extras during the War on Wall Street scene.

1) Recognizable extras appearing in one location and "teleporting" to another

2) People flinching for no apparent reason

3) People hug-dance-fighting

4) Some dude was casually strolling along while carrying another dude. wtf?

In rewatching BB and TDK, it's incredible how much of it has an impact on TDKR. Nolan could have made no better decision storywise than bringing back the LOS to complete Bruce's story. Definitely the most solid trilogy I've ever seen.

I dont know if it was the better decision , but yeah the trilogy simply.. flows. Kinda crazy how every movie is very self-contained in style , structure and themes , yet carries so much from one another. That's exactly what sequels should be. Something that can be appreciated by its own merits , individuality , and at the same time reaching another level when connecting the dots with the previous stories .

I liked each movie more when i saw them next to each other. That's quite an achievement.

they definitely flow together very well. batman begins ending with the joker card and mentioning crane still ob the loose, and tdk beginning with joker robbing the bank and batman capturing crane. then seeing tdk end with the lie and batman falling on his leg to tdkr beginning with bruce with a cane and him,gordon, and alfred all sufffering through their tdk lies and secrets. it made each beginning stronger.

I will tell you what I didn't notice....I couldn't find that Darth Sidious-lookalike that appeared in all those set pics anywhere :(

Not enough scenes with John Dagget were filmed in IMAX. That man is pure scum, and we don't see him much, even though his impact is large.

I noticed that when Batman jumps down to join Catwoman in that Matrix Reloaded fight, he jumps down in the "Batman jumping down" pose from '89

That was honestly more of a Batman & Robin fight from the TV show. I love the way they run away after shots are fired!

Something that came to mind, were the LoS just planning on dying also if the bomb did go off in the city?

Yeah, I always thought Talia had a death wish when it came to the bomb.

Not so sure about Bane, though. I'm sure he wouldn't want to leave Talia behind, given his history with her, but I don't think he'd be willing to die for his cause, either.

I just noticed Bane's kick on Batman in the final fight where he falls up some steps was with his right leg, in the next shot it's his left leg coming down like he kicked him with his left in the beginning.

I just noticed Bane's kick on Batman in the final fight where he falls up some steps was with his right leg, in the next shot it's his left leg coming down like he kicked him with his left in the beginning.
Nolan, or someone else, mentioned that part in the special features. They shot the same fight in Philly and New York IIRC, and that moment it was a switch from one location to the other. Pretty much anytime during the second fight when Batman and Bane kicked each other, it was a location switch.

Also, I always noticed that Bane's skin looked kind of weird along the arms; only to find out later that it was make-up to cover Hardy's tattoos.

Last edited:
I noticed Batman kicks Bane through the glass and sends him flying. I wonder if this means Batman uses that leg brace for extra strength?

I noticed a slot on the batpod where the emp gun is resting.

I noticed that when Batman is surrounded by police the first time, he turns his bike around slowly and you can see the wheel rotating horizontally. I thought that was just when he turned sharp corners not whenever the batpod turns.

I noticed the grapple gun pulling the guy off the bike. Originally I saw him just sucked up like the bad guys in Begins, creating a sense that Batman is more than a man.

I realised that Banes lair is similar to The batcave, being underground and with a waterfall.

I actually didn't notice Batman evading all the missiles by guiding back to the camo tumbler.

I saw a gif of that. Now it will never be left unnoticed by me :csad:

And he kicks him from NY to Pittsburgh :funny: But that i have no problems , i dont know both cities.

Last edited:
I saw a gif of that. Now it will never be left unnoticed by him :csad:

And he kicks him from NY to Pittsburgh :funny: But that i have no problems , i dont know both cities.
That last fight would have been a sight to see if they had continued to film in Chicago.

Nolan, or someone else, mentioned that part in the special features. They shot the same fight in Philly and New York IIRC, and that moment it was a switch from one location to the other. Pretty much anytime during the second fight when Batman and Bane kicked each other, it was a location switch.
Yeah, I watched that special feature too. The War on Wall Street one I believe. He said something along the lines of him literally kicking him from city to another, and they needed to obviously keep the atmosphere intact.

Yeah, I watched that special feature too. The War on Wall Street one I believe. He said something along the lines of him literally kicking him from city to another, and they needed to obviously keep the atmosphere intact.

I have the two disc Blu Ray version (three if you count the DVD version of the fill). What is that special feature called? The one were they mention the change in locations for the final fight.

Love the way Selina struts away from the bar shooting and disappears into that alley. Total "alley cat" vibe with that shot that I noticed on my last viewing.

That's a really great scene altogether actually. She's the one who causes this whole shootout to happen, brings the cops there, which in turn leads to Gordon discovering Bane's underground army. She puts all these events into motion while she's just trying to look out for number one, playing both sides.

I just noticed something at the Party when Miranda is talking to Bruce. When she says to bruce that he has a practiced apathy, his failed attempt at "saving the world" and going into hiding for 8 years. She wasn't talking about the reactor!!

The way she looks, if you really examine her, tells you she knows more about bruce than we think she does. This is really only evident if you know that she is talia obviously haha.

Love the way Selina struts away from the bar shooting and disappears into that alley. Total "alley cat" vibe with that shot that I noticed on my last viewing.

That's a really great scene altogether actually. She's the one who causes this whole shootout to happen, brings the cops there, which in turn leads to Gordon discovering Bane's underground army. She puts all these events into motion while she's just trying to look out for number one, playing both sides.

Yeah, I love how the narrative flows in that sequence.

1. Nolan's Batman isn't such a well coordinated Fighter at Times

2. He also has the ability to render most armed thugs and criminals speechless, to the point where they forget that their guns can actually shoot their opponents with it as well.

1. Nolan's Batman isn't such a well coordinated Fighter at Times

2. He also has the ability to render most armed thugs and criminals speechless, to the point where they forget that their guns can actually shoot their opponents with it as well.

I even made a thread about this. TDK was the most flagrant with stupid choreography, but even TDKR has some :doh: moments. Way too many fights with Bats fighting guys with automatic weapons where he should have been shot numerous times. The rooftop fight with Catwoman and the John Blake rescue are prime examples of this

I even made a thread about this. TDK was the most flagrant with stupid choreography, but even TDKR has some :doh: moments. Way too many fights with Bats fighting guys with automatic weapons where he should have been shot numerous times. The rooftop fight with Catwoman and the John Blake rescue are prime examples of this

Well that, and it doesn't help matters that there were moments during those fights in TDKR where it was clear that something went wrong choreography wise where someone messed up (slipped onto the ground on their own) or someone forgot to punch someone.

For all of the realism applied into this world, the belief that someone with the skills that Batman was presented in having on fighting abilities could survive in the streets of Gotham was the hardest to buy.

Well that, and it doesn't help matters that there were moments during those fights in TDKR where it was clear that something went wrong choreography wise where someone messed up (slipped onto the ground on their own) or someone forgot to punch someone.

For all of the realism applied into this world, the belief that someone with the skills that Batman was presented in having on fighting abilities could survive in the streets of Gotham was the hardest to buy.

I don't think this particular flaw has anything to do with the quasi-realism of Nolan's batmovies, it's just a technical aspect that for some baffling reason Nolan and Co. didn't give more attention to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"