The Dark Knight Rises Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

What was so funny about these lines? Doesn't make any sense to laugh at

They were both so cartoony.

Bane saying impossible reminded me of a Saturday-morning cartoon villain. Like something I'd see on Captain Planet.

Bane's line "So, you came back to die with your city" is fantastic, but do I really have to explain to you why the line: "No! I came here to stop you!" is hilariously bad/cheesy/cliche writing?

Bane : "So, you came back to die with your city"

Batman : "You are an old man and a fool."

watch TDKR blu ray 3 times so far, Does anyone notice(between 2:35:32-2:35:33)when Gordon opened file folder,there was a sound occur,- feels like someone throw a little rock to hit surface of metal shell--- (the surface of Bat signal light )Gordon caught that sound---thus he look at that direction where the sound came from and then he discovers
Bat signal light has been refurbished

Last edited:
I heard it too. When Bane does that jump and spin in the sewers, does he say something? I thought I heard a mechanized rush of air as he spun.

I heard it too. When Bane does that jump and spin in the sewers, does he say something? I thought I heard a mechanized rush of air as he spun.
It's some kind of sound effect, yeah. I remembered wondering what that was supposed to be exactly. I guess it just some of kind of whoosh! from how quickly Bane spun around and clocked Batman.

The last time I saw TDKR, I almost had to laugh at that. It was like Selina bust in like, "All right guys, enough with this revenge and wallowing-in-pain crap, let's take care of this f***in' bomb already!" :funny:

That's why I love that scene. It has great timing. Selina's Han Solo moment.

i just noticed that after stryver breaks through the ice, you can see two thugs in the right background who made a bet, if he´s gonna make it or not.
hence he doesnt, the one guy gives the other his watch :D

Bruce keeps his father's stethoscope in the safe with the pearls. You can see them on the bureau when Alfred comes upon Bruce examining the print dust. Obviously she wasn't very interested in the burnt stethoscope. :oldrazz:

There are a lot of shots of Bane's back. In nearly every scene he's in there's a focus on his back. It was probably a tactic to establish his size, though the scar running down his spine made me think the pit prisoners might've injured his back like he eventually does to Batman.

i just noticed that after stryver breaks through the ice, you can see two thugs in the right background who made a bet, if he´s gonna make it or not.
hence he doesnt, the one guy gives the other his watch :D
Just caught this. The funniest is part is when the winner waves his hand impatiently. "Hand it over, bub!"

It's some kind of sound effect, yeah. I remembered wondering what that was supposed to be exactly. I guess it just some of kind of whoosh! from how quickly Bane spun around and clocked Batman.
I was waiting for someone else to notice that one punch Bane gives to Batman I just didn't know how to describe it, looking closely it feels like Batman reacting falling down without actually getting hit.

I can't wait to get the Bluray to compare it to the bootleg DVD for any slight scene changes it seems that people are noticing some things that differ to the theatrical cut.

I brought this up in the general thread a while ago, but the food guy's brown bag he gives to the stock broker says STEALTH on it (there might be another letter or symbol on the prop, but you can't see it). STEALTH, a great place to order food from it is not.

There is an extra in the stadium scene wearing what appears to be a Green Lantern ring towards the end of Bane's speech.

When Bruce stands again for the first time, you can hear what appears to be birds...or bats.

Last edited:

I always took that particular sound effect as a sort of snarl. I think it's got to do with Bane playing with Bats during the first fight...in the moments preceding Bane's jump and turn, Batman is practically pointlessly punching him away. I always took that jump/spin as a sort of "Enough of this nonsense/****!" moment. Bane has had enough of Bats' weak attempts at fighting him and finally proceeds to truly beat the crap out of him.

Somewhere around 02:15 into the Bonus Feature of "A Girl's Gotta Eat", there's an extended version of "Mind If I Cut In" (from the OST) with a higher octave of the piano playing. Has this version leaked or been released somewhere?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I should have asked this in the thread for the score.

Last edited:
I was waiting for someone else to notice that one punch Bane gives to Batman I just didn't know how to describe it, looking closely it feels like Batman reacting falling down without actually getting hit.

Are you talking about the power whoosh? That's there to make that particar hit sound more forceful than the rest

Are you talking about the power whoosh? That's there to make that particar hit sound more forceful than the rest
So in a sense Batman got knocked out by the whoosh, damn that Bane sure knows his tricks.

Bane can feel the cosmos.

What if, after Bane says: "So you came back to die with your city?", Batman responds: "Justice is balance" before lunging at him.

Nolan is really bad in fight scenes, really. When Batman comes to save Blake, I noticed a mercenary who throws himself on the ground without being touched (in the foreground to the left and at the very beginning); I don't know what they did during the choreography.

The same thing i noticed was on the roof when Batman and Catwoman fight, just after Dagget look them, a mercenary falls alone, without being touched by Batman.

Ouch, that first one you pointed out is terribly bad. But in Nolan's defense, I never once caught that in all of the 8 times I saw the film in theatres. Once you know, though, it's unbelievable how the crew missed that.

Am i the only one wondering how the hell you guys already got a DVD/Blu ray?!

Many non-US countries already have them. My friend in France mentioned that it was coming out on Blu-ray there in November. And today's the last day, soooo. :cwink: I should ask him to see how he liked it.

Also um, there's the non-legitimate version too. But you already know about that. :oldrazz:

I know someone from Australia who already has it. :argh:

A better question would be why not just release the DVD/BR on the same day worldwide? if WB is worried about illegal downloading or pirated copies floating around they're too late since July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"