Things you noticed for the first time on DVD

I noticed when i first saw it that when eddie says "Hey Parker" and the symbiote is pulled back, that you can see little holes revealing his skin like so

Eddie_Brock_AKA_Venom.JPG

But when i saw it on dvd i swear it looked like he had a symbiote scarf on. You couldnt even see his neck. But in the next shot when he pulls mj it looks just like the pic above. Little thing that bothered me

So the general consensus is that we shoulda seen a naked Topher Grace?

:dry:

:woot:

Heheh ^_^

Not necessarily. I understand why they had him clothed, but it would have been more effective if they at LEAST ravaged his clothing. There's just no way the symbiote, which they TRIED to make seem like it's tearing at its host, doesn't even disturb Eddie's clothing. Torn clothing would have been forgivable ;p

(I don't really care that much. It's not like it ruins the movie for me or anything XD)

I've kinda wondered what happened to the symbiote when,for example,Brock was in the cab when he picked up MJ? Did it absorb into his skin or just hidden by his clothes or what?

I've kinda wondered what happened to the symbiote when,for example,Brock was in the cab when he picked up MJ? Did it absorb into his skin or just hidden by his clothes or what?
it was hidden

Did anyone notice when Brock goes into the bell tower and looks up there is sun coming through the windows. It was raining out.

I noticed this in theaters but laughed at it again on DVD:

Sandman smashes down who he thinks is Spider-Man, only to find a scary and disgusting creature screaming in his face. He then throws off this monster and proceeds to non-chalently (sp.) walk away as if nothing happened.

:woot:

I noticed Sandy's reaction for the first time. It was funny but not very logical. He comes face-to-face with a snarling beast that looks remarkably similar to the guy he's trying to track down. Not only is Sandy not curious about Venom's identity, he turns his back on him. That didn't make Marko seem too bright.:word:

Well, as we know it, when the symbiote bonds to its host, it will absorb into the hosts clothing, hence the Spider-Man suit turns black. When Eddie gets the symbiote (which is still combined with Spider-Man's suit), it absorbs Eddie's clothes and it all makes the Venom suit. When the suit peels back and we see parts of his back, with no shirt underneath, the shirt was absorbed into the symbiote. It's all one piece.

So, think of it this way: when Peter is in the bell tower and rips off the suit, it was absorbed into his clothes (Spider-Man suit), so his clothes (Spidey suit) came off with the symbiote, leaving him naked. This means that when Peter makes the symbiote separate from Eddie, technically, the clothes should be absorbed in the symbiote, and Eddie should be naked when he gets pulled out...

...:wow:
the only problem with this is that spidey had two suits and stopped wearing his regular one to start wearing the symbiote one instead.

which is why he still had a costume later on in the movie and didn't have to wear an old suit.

After another viewing, I noticed how stupid and naive Peter is.

Sandman: It wasn't my fault, the man from Spider-Man 1 made me accidentally kill Uncle Ben. I'm sorry

Spider-Man: It's ok, now go fly off into the wind, bye.

I'm sorry, but if I were Peter, I wouldn't believe a single thing Marko was saying. How did Peter even know he was telling the truth? He doesn't, he just accepts everything Sandman said without a second's hesitation at the end of the movie. Most people would have assumed Marko is a liar, he's saying that bull just to get Spidey off his back, and maybe just maybe, the police and tons of eye-witnesses they asked were actually right.

Hey, I'm not saying Marko was lying, but Peter was dumb enough to believe every word he said after trying to kill him and desperately wanting revenge.

With respect to Raimi I'm sure it was a tough matter to resolve completely. How would you have done it?

---Morzan

I noticed Sandy's reaction for the first time. It was funny but not very logical. He comes face-to-face with a snarling beast that looks remarkably similar to the guy he's trying to track down. Not only is Sandy not curious about Venom's identity, he turns his back on him. That didn't make Marko seem too bright.:word:

I think that's one of Sam's subtle ways of voicing his opinion on Venom. Just as Jameson not remembering Eddie's name was Sam's way of voicing his opinion on Eddie. Same for Captain Stacy.

---Morzan

It doesn't make Raimi look bright either.

I think that's one of Sam's subtle ways of voicing his opinion on Venom. Just as Jameson not remembering Eddie's name was Sam's way of voicing his opinion on Eddie. Same for Captain Stacy.

---Morzan

Yeah, I don't think so.

The symbiote just wasn't into that kind of casual fashion so it threw it out with Brock. :word: Now a Spider-Man suit, tight and nice, so it kept it.

---Morzan

Those are good points.

He's either dumb, lazy or vindictive to put in a scene like that.

---Morzan

Those are good points.

He's either lazy or vindictive to put in a scene like that.

---Morzan

Those are good points.

---Morzan

Those are good points.

well originally there was a longer and better team-up scene and I think due to time constraints they had to quickly write and film a new shorter one.

well originally there was a longer and better team-up scene and I think due to time constraints they had to quickly write and film a new shorter one.

They still needed to have some initial friction between Sandy and Venom. Villians as a whole usually don't trust each other just seconds after meeting. Plus Sandy and Venom never got along in the comics at all.

I really never bought into Venom needing OR wanting anyone's help. Spider-man is his prey and no one else's.

I really never bought into Venom needing OR wanting anyone's help. Spider-man is his prey and no one else's.

He says a phrase like that in ASM #300 in telling Peter why he would not reveal his identity to the world. It would have been more appropriate for Venom and Sandy to fight each other over who got to kill Spidey rather than having them team up.

He says a phrase like that in ASM #300 in telling Peter why he would not reveal his identity to the world. It would have been more appropriate for Venom and Sandy to fight each other over who got to kill Spidey rather than having them team up.

Not really. Sandman didn't want to kill Spider-Man, it was something Venom roped him into doing because he thought it was necessary. He would have never done it of his own volition.

Not really. Sandman didn't want to kill Spider-Man, it was something Venom roped him into doing because he thought it was necessary. He would have never done it of his own volition.

Sandy agreed to Venom's plan far too quickly. It made Marko seem like an easily led 2nd tier villian rather than an A-list player. The fact that he agreed to a team-up with a character with whom he's always been at odds in the comics made it worse.

Sandy agreed to Venom's plan far too quickly. It made Marko seem like an easily led 2nd tier villian rather than an A-list player. The fact that he agreed to a team-up with a character with whom he's always been at odds in the comics made it worse.

Didn't that whole Venom and Sandman thing only happen in like 2000 when Venom came back in the relaunch of the Spider-Man comics? Hardly guys who were always at odds.

Anyways, I agree they team up too quickly, but I can justify one of your points by saying Marko can be taken as secondary person in a pair. I mean, who seems more the the leader of him and the Burglar who robbed the wrestling place? Probably the robber, and Marko was convinced into doing it (due to his daughter).

However, the team up occurs quickly, but Sandman acting as a 2nd party seemed very in character for that version of Marko.

Sandman doesn't even really strike me as a "bad guy" in this film. Yes,he wanted Spider-man dead,but only because of what Spidey did to him earlier. His line fit him perfectly...."I'm not a bad person. I've just had bad luck."
Venom,on the other hand,is the monster here. Not only does he want Spider-man dead,but Mary Jane as well. Sandman probably doesn't even know who MJ is. He probably just views her as a hostage to draw Spider-man out of hiding. As for Venom,I wouldn't be surprised that if he did kill Peter and MJ,that he would go after Aunt May and JJ. next.Spider-man/Peter Parker is at the top of his list,but Brock/Venom wants revenge on alot of people and is pretty much pissed at the world(It says so in the novel). So,I think that once Parker is dead,Venom would've went on to try and own New York.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"