• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned/asked before, but is there a reason Malekith's face is unburnt in the movie poster?

I was under the impression he'd always had the two differently colored sides...if not, is there a storyline behind how he got to be that way, or can we assume someone in the movie injures him?

Found it ..........

According to the report, Thor: The Dark World will pick-up one year after The Avengers – and two years after the first Thor movie. At the sequel’s start, Thor – “now a full-time general” – and his forces are over-extended at war in The Nine Realms as a group of “rag-tag invaders known as The Marauders” thins and weakens the Asgardian army. Responding to the Marauder threat leaves Asgard vulnerable - allowing Malekith and the Dark Elves to mount a more effective assault on Thor’s home realm. Whether or not The Marauders are acting on their own orders or are manipulated by Malekith, Loki, Thanos, or some other unseen enemy isn’t known at this time. Though, it’s easy to imagine The Dark Elves using The Marauders as pawns in their larger plans to destroy Asgard.

http://screenrant.com/thor-2-dark-world-marauders-dark-elves/

It's my first post :D

I've been hanging around for a while now reading your arguments and speculations and I just wanted to be a part of it because I loved Thor and I am super excited for Thor 2 and I loved today's trailer. Also, to thank you guys for keeping me updated on all the new Thor news and pictures and helping me understand the characters better because I never read the comics :)

I've been hanging around for a while now reading your arguments and speculations and I just wanted to be a part of it because I loved Thor and I am super excited for Thor 2 and I loved today's trailer. Also, to thank you guys for keeping me updated on all the new Thor news and pictures and helping me understand the characters better because I never read the comics :)

Welcome aboard. :up:

Welcome to the hype!

Thanks.

So, I have a question that I haven't been able to answer just by reading you guys talking. Who is Surtur exactly?

He and Odin were friends in kindegarden. Unfortunately as they grey up Odin started getting the girls, the plaudits, the fame and all Surtur got was demonic and fiery.

They drifted apart and the final straw that broke the camel's back was when Odin told him he couldn't go out partying in Nippleheim because Frigga was making a special dish that night.

Went downhill after that hey...

I don't know if you're kidding or not...I'm going to assume you are until someone agrees with you

Nippleheim didn't give it away then? Yeah I'm talking rubbish :D

Speaking of finding out information about characters one is not familiar with, to the people in this thread who know these comics off the top of their head, are Wikipedia and Wiki Marvel generally decent places to get good info on a character or is there a better place to go?

I don't know if you're kidding or not...

He's kidding, lol. To keep it brief, Surtur is the ruler of Muspelheim, one of the oldest beings in the universe. Surtur is just as powerful as Odin, if not more powerful, and he's a threat to all of Asgard. He is a 1000 foot tall demon, he built a sword called twilight which makes him more powerful, he wants to engulf the 9 realms in flames. Again, super brief, wouldn't hurt ya to do a quick google search

Oh, ok. Thanks. Sometimes google results don't read all that well and it gets hard to understand if you don't already know what they're talking about.

Also, I didn't catch Nippleheim lol. Consider me a total noob. I must be instructed in all things. And I'm totally gullible (unfortunately) so you could probably get me to believe anything. (I probably shouldn't mention that...)

And I did notice that the side of Malekith's face wasn't crunchy black in the poster. Does it get burned in the movie or before the movie?

Oh, ok. Thanks. Sometimes google results don't read all that well and it gets hard to understand if you don't already know what they're talking about.

Also, I didn't catch Nippleheim lol. Consider me a total noob. I must be instructed in all things. And I'm totally gullible (unfortunately) so you could probably get me to believe anything. (I probably shouldn't mention that...)

And I did notice that the side of Malekith's face wasn't crunchy black in the poster. Does it get burned in the movie or before the movie?

unknown at this point. I am still hoping he's been like that, and the face we've seen in the image, and in that poster is from a flashback.

Hey, aren't the elves like deadly allergic to earth iron? (I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere. There's a good chance I'm wrong) Maybe it happens when he comes to earth.

Also, I read someone thinks that the shot of Thor and Jane kissing in the new trailer might be from the ending and he decided to stay on earth. While I like that theory, I couldn't help but notice that the hand he's touching her face with is his right hand. Isn't that the hand Loki supposedly lopped off?

Hey, aren't the elves like deadly allergic to earth iron? (I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere. There's a good chance I'm wrong) Maybe it happens when he comes to earth.

Also, I read someone thinks that the shot of Thor and Jane kissing in the new trailer might be from the ending and he decided to stay on earth. While I like that theory, I couldn't help but notice that the hand he's touching her face with is his right hand. Isn't that the hand Loki supposedly lopped off?

You're correct. In comics, dark elves' main weakness is iron. We don't know if that'll be a factor in the movie.

You understand your comment about "context" literally makes no sense right? If we're just taking the movie at face value without ever drawing upon the comic book, how do we even know who Malekith is?
I am not talking about a lack of Thor knowledge. I am saying that if you showed me a picture of the character in the film, without telling me it was from Thor, I probably have trouble placing him.

Think of it this way. You are a reader of Thor, but don't know there is a movie coming out. Someone shows you a picture of Loki in full armor. For me I would guess it is Loki without much thought, just like if I saw Ledger's Joker or Peter Parker is his Spidey suit from TASM 2. I don't get that with Kurse.

I am not talking about a lack of Thor knowledge. I am saying that if you showed me a picture of the character in the film, without telling me it was from Thor, I probably have trouble placing him.

Think of it this way. You are a reader of Thor, but don't know there is a movie coming out. Someone shows you a picture of Loki in full armor. For me I would guess it is Loki without much thought, just like if I saw Ledger's Joker or Peter Parker is his Spidey suit from TASM 2. I don't get that with Kurse.

A picture of him standing next to Malekith, wearing his massive shoulder pads, huge horns coming from his head, and towering over everyone else doesn't give it away to you?

Loki doesn't look literal to any of his comic incarnations. The horns on his head aren't huge tusks, instead they're metal parts of his helmet. His face is different. His wardrobe is different. But the essence of the character is there. BTW comparing Kurse's situation to Spidey's or the Joker's is not even remotely transitive. Those two are legendary compared to Kurse and visually resonate a lot stronger.

You're exhausting man. Done arguing this with you.

Last edited:
A picture of him standing next to Malekith, wearing his massive shoulder pads, huge horns coming from his head, and towering over everyone else doesn't give it away to you?

Loki doesn't look literal to any of his comic incarnations. The horns on his head aren't huge tusks, instead they're metal parts of his helmet. His face is different. His wardrobe is different. But the essence of the character is there.

You're exhausting man. Done arguing this with you.

not true MCU Loki is based off Ultimate Loki.
ut3.jpg
Ultimate_Comics_Thor_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg

Loki_(Ultimate)_001.jpg
loki.jpg

tumblr_inline_mr6kfdegGD1qz4rgp.png

I saw this picture and it seems like he’s (Loki) wearing a type of mask.
Maybe Malekith put it on him and he is somehow under control. He knows that Thor can’t battle him on his own, so he’s taken Jane and the only person who can help them defeat Malekith, Loki. Maybe…
It may be something that paralyzes him. The whole time when Jane is lifted, he stays in the same position. Doesn’t look up at Jane at all it seems. Loki has the power to defeat them, so maybe that’s why Malekith put that on him, if it’s a mask at all. So does Thor, but Thor is on the ground by Malekith’s feet, unable to protect Jane.

tumblr_inline_mr6kfdegGD1qz4rgp.png

I saw this picture and it seems like he’s (Loki) wearing a type of mask.
Maybe Malekith put it on him and he is somehow under control. He knows that Thor can’t battle him on his own, so he’s taken Jane and the only person who can help them defeat Malekith, Loki. Maybe…
It may be something that paralyzes him. The whole time when Jane is lifted, he stays in the same position. Doesn’t look up at Jane at all it seems. Loki has the power to defeat them, so maybe that’s why Malekith put that on him, if it’s a mask at all. So does Thor, but Thor is on the ground by Malekith’s feet, unable to protect Jane.

Where do you get that? Especially since the last two movies....that aint no mask, that's a distorted image blown up. It is most definitely blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"