Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I watched the movie, this tv spot still gave me goosebumps. I wanna see this movie again.:D

[YT]rTP8SkAXgJM[/YT]

i thought you watched it twice already :D

Bor.jpg

Well done, Marvel. Well done.

When did they recon the old gods from Asgard?
During Roy Thomas run,all the old gods perished in the original Ragnarok.

How was Taylor's direction in comparison to Branagh's in the previous flick? Did it feel more Thor-ish?

How was Taylor's direction in comparison to Branagh's in the previous flick? Did it feel more Thor-ish?

more vulnerable asgardians and thor compared to the last movie, more realistic battles similar to Game of thrones, but with magic, spaceships, aliens and science

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-thor-dark-world-652752

Disney and Marvel Studios' sequel Thor: The Dark World has earned a stellar $45.2 million in its first three days of play internationally, where it began rolling out on Wednesday. By Sunday, the movie should have raced past the $100 million mark. All told, the superhero tentpole is opening in 36 countries this weekend representing 70 percent of the international marketplace. Thor 2 opens in North America on Nov. 8

So I've held for months now that this film has an excellent chance for me of being the best superhero movie of the year. Even if it's just as good as the first without improvement I'd say that would be enough for the crown as I like Thor1 better than any of the other superhero films we've got this year. Just can't wait another 5 days to see how it all turned out.

more vulnerable asgardians and thor compared to the last movie, more realistic battles similar to Game of thrones, but with magic, spaceships, aliens and science

Asgardians died in the first film during the flashback scene of Odin vs the Frost Giants and when the Frost Giants invaded Odins vault. Plus Fandral was impaled by a Frost Giant's ice spike when Thor and Co. went to Jotunheim.

So that's really nothing new.

So it visually trumps The Avengers. :wow:

There's some dodgy matte painting work through out the film but that doesn't change the fact that Taylor, visually, knocked this damn movie out of the park. Easily trumps the Avengers. Not even a debate.

I just found out Talulah Riley has a small part in the film. Awesome.

There's some dodgy matte painting work through out the film but that doesn't change the fact that Taylor, visually, knocked this damn movie out of the park. Easily trumps the Avengers. Not even a debate.

The funeral scene was breathtaking.

I will say this about the Dark World; with actor's contracts ending in the next 3 years and with the eventual recast of the entire universe of characters, if and when Thor 3 happens, they have the makings of an emotional finale with this cast...if they let it go where it needs/should go with the ending of this film.

The chemistry between Hemsworth and Hiddleston is so damn great in the three films they've been in together, can you imagine Thor 3's climax between the two brothers if it goes to that eventual "place"?

I get goosebumps thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where to put this, but...

Since it's been confirmed that the Aether is the Power Gem and the Tesseract is the ??? gem, does anybody else think that the Eye of Agomotto could be an Infinity Gem, maybe the soul gem?

Since it's been confirmed that the Aether is the Power Gem and the Tesseract is the ??? gem, does anybody else think that the Eye of Agomotto could be an Infinity Gem, maybe the soul gem?

Isn't that also in Odins vault ? That would contradict what they said in the mid credits scene about not wanting all these artifacts in the same location.

I doubt it as it's in Odin's vault. Otherwise it could certainly have been a possibility.

Mjölnir;27137307 said:
I doubt it as it's in Odin's vault. Otherwise it could certainly have been a possibility.

Yeah, but the Tesseract was also in Odin's vault, and if they do the Illuminati in
the MCU, Dr. Strange could obtain the Eye that way, due to it being a gem.

Isn't that also in Odins vault ? That would contradict what they said in the mid credits scene about not wanting all these artifacts in the same location.

Maybe it was in Odin's vault at the time of the first movie, but isn't any more...

That is all easter egg stuff, not to be taken too seriously imo. After all, the Gauntlet was there with all the gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"