• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAME OF THRONES Showrunner Talks Future Seasons And Has A "Special Message" For THOR 2

Game of Thrones showrunner D.B. Weiss chats about future seasons of and has a little "fun" with losing director Alan Taylor, who's moving on to direct Marvel's Thor 2.

On Alan Taylor and losing him to Thor 2:

WEISS: Alan certainly is one of [the key players]. By the time Season 2 is finished, he'll have directed 6 of the 20 episodes. It's almost a third of the show. We feel like his look in many ways epitomizes the way we want the show to look. The way he directs is just something we've had so much love and admiration for, and now, so much jealousy since he's been stolen away to go do "Thor 2." So we love you, Alan. And [frick] you, "Thor"!

It makes me sad, but everyone is happy for him obviously and jealous and greedy. We want to keep him for ourselves.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/game-of-thrones-recap_n_1427303.html

^ Lol "**** you Thor".

Last edited:
^ Lol "**** you "Thor".

LOL. Anyway, the best part of it is the mention about Alan Taylor having a big participation on how GoT looks, being one of the key players of the series.

Of course a ''certain poster'' would never acknowledge this and would certainly overlook this fact, as the director is not one of his ''visionaries''.:woot:

LOL. Anyway, the best part of it is the mention about Alan Taylor having a big participation on how GoT looks, being one of the key players of the series.

Of course a ''certain poster'' would never acknowledge this and would certainly overlook this fact, as the director is not one of his ''visionaries''.:woot:

Yeah I noticed that part too, I sure hope he makes Asgard look great while staying in line with the style Branagh established.

I'm not even thinking about Asgard, cos I'm sure it will look even better. I'm thinking about the other worlds...There's so many amazing visuals to explore...I'm salivating with the possibilities.:word:

GAME OF THRONES Showrunner Talks Future Seasons And Has A "Special Message" For THOR 2

Game of Thrones showrunner D.B. Weiss chats about future seasons of and has a little "fun" with losing director Alan Taylor, who's moving on to direct Marvel's Thor 2.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/game-of-thrones-recap_n_1427303.html
Definitely mixed feelings about that one. Being a huge fan of the Song of Ice and Fire novels I want the show to keep being as good as it is, but at the same time it's great that Thor 2 gets a great director that has experience with a similar genre.

In the best of worlds he would have had time to do both.

Last edited:
I'm not even thinking about Asgard, cos I'm sure it will look even better. I'm thinking about the other worlds...There's so many amazing visuals to explore...I'm salivating with the possibilities.:word:

Good point, I can't wait to see how he develops the new realms and give them all there distinct look.

Mjölnir;22994667 said:
Definitely mixed feelings about that one. Being a huge fan of the Song of Ice and Fire novels I want the show to keep being as good as it is, but at the same time it's great that Thor 2 gets a great director that has experience with a similar genre.

In the best of worlds he would have had time to do both.

I see. Thor is much higher on my list of priorities, though.:woot:

So is it just the five of us in this forum? Seems like it. I'm trying to hang out in here more to avoid Avengers spoilers.

Thinking about it more and more, I think Alan Taylor is another inspired choice by Marvel. He focuses on characters and their interactions, whilst setting all that against an interesting and well developed fantastical backdrop.

Really excited for Thor 2.

Oh, and it seems Hemsworth brought his Godly powers with him to the UK, massive thunderstorm right now!

Thinking about it more and more, I think Alan Taylor is another inspired choice by Marvel. He focuses on characters and their interactions, whilst setting all that against an interesting and well developed fantastical backdrop.

Really excited for Thor 2.

Oh, and it seems Hemsworth brought his Godly powers with him to the UK, massive thunderstorm right now!

Yeah as much as I love great action scenes, I think character focused directors are the best fit for most superhero film.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is Thor not continuing to do cool stuff like fighting with his bare hands like he does under Whedon's direction.

So is it just the five of us in this forum? Seems like it. I'm trying to hang out in here more to avoid Avengers spoilers.
No, I'm also here, most of the time. But there is not much to discuss right now, so I stay silent.
I suspect I'll hang around here and on the IM3 boards for most of the next year, so it's better to be here early to get the best seats.

No, I'm also here, most of the time. But there is not much to discuss right now, so I stay silent.
I suspect I'll hang around here and on the IM3 boards for most of the next year, so it's better to be here early to get the best seats.

Right on my man :up:

We'll be the haggard-looking old guys in the back of the theater trying to escape the young punks who come in two seconds before the movie starts.

We'll be the haggard-looking old guys in the back of the theater trying to escape the young punks who come in two seconds before the movie starts.

Hehehehehe that sounds about right. :woot:

I think I annoy my friends by insisting we be in the ticket line no less than thirty minutes early. I want my back row seat damnit.

I think I annoy my friends by insisting we be in the ticket line no less than thirty minutes early. I want my back row seat damnit.
Okay, I'll take my chance and ask a question that I wanted to ask for a long time. Why don't you have seat numbers on your tickets (and on the seats of course) in the US like almost everywhere else? I mean, that way you don't have to stand in line for hours and you can choose where you want to sit when you buy your tickets online or via phone. It's not difficult, it doesn't cost anything (a little more ink on the ticket...) and everyone is happy.

Okay, I'll take my chance and ask a question that I wanted to ask for a long time. Why don't you have seat numbers on your tickets (and on the seats of course) in the US like almost everywhere else? I mean, that way you don't have to stand in line for hours and you can choose where you want to sit when you buy your tickets online or via phone. It's not difficult, it doesn't cost anything (a little more ink on the ticket...) and everyone is happy.

The first couple of rows suck and maybe they know no one would actually buy them knowing where they were at. They might sell about 30-60 less tickets per screen on big nights.

If you have already bought a ticket and there are no seats but those well, they already have your money b***h !!

Just throwing stuff out there.

Hmmm, never thought about that. I'd certainly prefer it if I could claim a seat days early.

I already ordered the pocorn.

I snuck some starburst and a hot dog in under my coat. :woot:

I'm a back row man myself, I hate sitting in the front and having to watch the movie with my head at an angle.

Well you are in the "Thor" forums, so pretty much everyone here are Thor fans and the general consensus that exploring the 9 realms is the biggest concern.

For Thor fans yes but we are talking about viewership in general. I don't think any of them are concerned with Surtur or Hel. I think that they are more concerned with seeing what began in the first film continued. Jane is a big part of that as is Loki.

Earth was a big part of Thor's continuity in Thor, why in the heck would they keep coming back to earth when there are other realms to explore?

The Avengers is set on earth and all of the IM and Cap films are gonna be as well, I'm pretty sure Marvel wants to show off what makes Thor standout.

I wouldn't say that the Earth stuff in Thor touched on Thor's earthly continuity in a big way. There was only Jane and cheeky references to Donald. Its not like we saw the Gaia aspect, any of his Earthly villains or him setting up life there long term. Two of the leads on Midgard had to be original creations! There was no part of the Thor movie that says he loves Earth and wants to stay there. For me, that is such a huge part of Thor's character and it provides the back bone to his tension with Odin that to swan off to the elves and dwarves before that is set up is a bit crap. Its not good Thor. I get that people want the visual spectacle of the other realms but I care more about the character integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"