Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything about Thor and the Asgardians is medieval fantasy. What are you asking for, blasters and spaceships? :huh:

I'm thinking they want Kung Fu styled wire combat, which works well with the lithe characters, like Sif or Loki, but not so much with heavy hitters like Thor. It's all about balance and which style compliments the character on a personal level.

Any idea on when we can expect a trailer for this? Seems like it's been forever.

They basically have their Phase 2 movies spaced out perfectly for it. Thor 2 trailer will come with IM3, Cap 2 trailer will come with Thor 2, GotG trailer will come with Cap 2.

They basically have their Phase 2 movies spaced out perfectly for it. Thor 2 trailer will come with IM3, Cap 2 trailer will come with Thor 2, GotG trailer will come with Cap 2.
I think a GotG trailer would have to come out before Cap 2. Guardians is due in August. It makes sense for Thor to come with Iron Man because there's a big gap between the movies, but Guardians first look being so close to its release date is a big risk, especially with Guardians being lesser known.

GotG first look would probably come with Hobbit in December. Then another trailer with Cap 2.

Thor will probably be with Iron Man and a 2nd trailer attached to most likely the 300 prequel. Most likely.

Cap 2 trailer would probably be with Thor 2, and a 2nd trailer with most likely Robocop.

I assume GotG first look will be during the Super Bowl, first full trailer with Cap 2. That's what they did with Cap 1.

I'm thinking they want Kung Fu styled wire combat, which works well with the lithe characters, like Sif or Loki, but not so much with heavy hitters like Thor. It's all about balance and which style compliments the character on a personal level.

Wire fu? That would look very incongruous in an Asgardian setting. It'd make sense for Hogun, and that's about it. Sif needs to be all about bladework, and I'd like to see Loki use a lot of magic in full-scale combat.

cherokeesame said:
Everything about Thor and the Asgardians is medieval fantasy. What are you asking for, blasters and spaceships?

What I meant by that is basically they should look alot faster and stronger than medieval humans during battle. There should be super leaps, enemies being in half, superhuman dodges etc.

I especially don't see why they ride horses in combat since an average asgardian should be alot faster than a horse.

I especially don't see why they ride horses in combat since an average asgardian should be alot faster than a horse.

Why is it preposterous for Asgardians to ride horses? Odin has Slepnir, it's not inconceivable.

What I meant by that is basically they should look alot faster and stronger than medieval humans during battle. There should be super leaps, enemies being in half, superhuman dodges etc.

Alas, that would mean special effects and cgi. There will always be some weighing one against the other.

If they'd want to honour the Norse tradition though, horses should not be for battles. They fought on foot. Horses were used as a means of transportation, not for battle. Using horses in battle is a later invention, at least here in Europe. [/history lecture]

I'm assuming that the horses used are not just your run of the mill horses that we have here on ol' Midgard. Ergo, wouldnt an Asgardian horse be faster than an average Asgardian, in the same way that a regular horse is faster than an average human? :oldrazz:

Perhaps Thor should ride into battle on a goat drawn carriage? ;)

And a new thread already? Boy that was fast!

Disguise Costumes teased a Thor 2 line-up with art that we've seen.

eer4gte4tge4rt.png

It's official. I forgot to mention that the art with the helmet came from Hasbro.

It's on Iron Man 3's toys too

Marvel-Iron-Man-Header-909.jpg

lol I still am hoping for the helmet

Agreed.

They made Loki, Odin, and even Thanos's helmets look so awesome
I don't understand what the difficulty with Thor's is

Agreed.

They made Loki, Odin, and even Thanos's helmets look so awesome
I don't understand what the difficulty with Thor's is

I mean, Odin is a King, Loki WAS a king, and still thought he deserves to be king. Maybe the helmets are most definitally more so of a crown. Odin is king, he wears his. Loki maybe only continued to wear his "crown" through out the avengers, cause he felt that he is ruler of midgard, thus having to display his symbol of authority.

After thor becomes king, hopefully he'll start wearing his helmet more often. I think it would be cool to intergrate as part of his armor. Like when he summons a storm that helps him armor up, his helmet materializes too

But if he wore his helmet, we wouldn't get to see the pretty braid in his hair now. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"