Thor News and Pics Thread: Oklahoma Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I just feel like with THESE two movies in particular, which are literally on the same team, and with the success of both in some way contributing to the expectations/success of The Avengers...it just seems baffling to me to be rooting for one to "defeat" the other.
It is baffling but posters on these boards have a tendency to act in baffling ways sometimes

Paramount will have the biggest studio presence during the Feb. 6 telecast, buying ad time to plug four films -- J.J. Abrams' alien-invasion pic Super 8, the threequel Transformers: Dark of the Moon and

Marvel's superhero pics Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger
Sweet! wonder if that delays the end of January trailer release they were talking about?

Sweet! wonder if that delays the end of January trailer release they were talking about?

I hope not, I think they're just gonna take 30 secs of the most exciting footage from the new trailer and play it during the superbowl.

I really hope we get some new footage. The December trailer was mainly just stuff from the Comic-Con footage as it is. I need new stuff!

Another Sega's Thor: God of Thunder Q/A:

images

1) How does it feel to work with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston on this game? Have they played the game

Sega: "They were great to work with. And, yes, they both have played the game and actually enjoyed it quite a bit."

2) How did Marvel help you to build Thor: God of Thunder? Did Marvel Studios send concepts of Thor Armor?

Sega: "We talk to Marvel every week about aspects of the game and the movie to make sure that we are all on the same page. We got to visit the movie sets and read the script, as well, so that helped out a lot."

* If you didn't know: Inon Zur is the composer of God of Thunder.

It's kind of cool we're at a generation of actors now who might actually be into the video games based on their movies. I mean, I doubt Anthony Hopkins is gonna play it, but Hemsworth and Hiddleston? Totally. I still remember that video of Hemsworth playing the Kinect back before it came out, and he seemed to be really into it.

I might not be a good judge but based on Dragon Age: Origins and Fallout 3 I say he's okay.

Thor will definitely be in IMAX 3D. Russian poster just confirmed it (right under the date there's little addition "only in 3D & IMAX 3D"). Apparently, offical announcement is right on its way to hit the internet (maybe, on the next week, a little bit later).

Thor will definitely be in IMAX 3D. Russian poster just confirmed it (right under the date there's little addition "only in 3D & IMAX 3D"). Apparently, offical announcement is right on its way to hit the internet (maybe, on the next week, a little bit later).
Umm... thanks for stating the obvious, lol.

Umm... thanks for stating the obvious, lol.
[flame mode on] Umm... you're welcome. Another two obvious things: 1) only a few on this board know Russian 2) in most part we get info after it was released in the US, but in this case it's different - it's passed more than a week since my buddy got it and I hadn't seen even a rumor about IMAX-distribution untill he told me, so as for me with these factors it's quite complex to guess when exactly we'll see offical statement.
Okay, I hope no offence, right?[/flame mode off]
And another time "whatever". I'm just glad to see its additional release on the IMAX-screens.

Last edited:

Yeah, yeah) Whatevz) I wasn't serious about this stuff at all) Chill) Just don't understand what can be so important about this whole 3D stuff?

Thor in 3D is bad & everyone knows it. Converted 3D movies are always associated with the word "fail". Prove me wrong.

Fine.)
Yep, I know this stereotyped view and at some point I stick with it, too. But, if you're making IMAX 3D convertation you have to be pretty confident, as it costs at least several millions and it's really tough proccess. For instance, 6th Harry Potter movie was originally planned to have about 30 minutes in I3D, but in the end there was only 12 minutes opening (and they were a nice example of how converted 3D should look like). I doubt that the thing was about money, yeah WB refused to support its headrunner of the year, the most likely it just didn't pass the quality test. So, I have somekind of hope in Thor's 3D (although in the trailer it was almost awful)... we will see how they've done their homework in three months.

i have a feeling that the second trailer is in fact the super bowl spot...
or maybe the super bowl spot will showcase the second trailer and the trailer would release after the super bowl....

i hope we get some new non dutch angle shots of loki in full costume soon

Well I'm hoping the 2nd Trailer will be out before the 30 sec bowl spot.

Well I'm hoping the 2nd Trailer will be out before the 30 sec bowl spot.

Me too, but if it's not I hope that the 2nd trailer is an extended version of the Superbowl tv spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"