Thor: Ragnarok The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

tumblr_p4icudlnkz1rmam7po3_540.gif

tumblr_p4icudlnkz1rmam7po1_540.gif

tumblr_p4icudlnkz1rmam7po2_540.gif

*chants* Thor 4, Thor 4, Thor 4! :cwink:

Or maybe the MCU's first foray into the world of the Fantastic Four. I can see that being a pretty good fit, somehow...

Or maybe the MCU's first foray into the world of the Fantastic Four. I can see that being a pretty good fit, somehow...

That could work. Both please!

Is Scott Derrickson confirmed for Dr Strange 2? I can see Taika getting into the mystical arts. And he got to play with the character a bit in Ragnarok.

I looked at the gif and instantly thought about Thor 4. He does the sign with the fingers and the eye out thing so i'm guessing he means Thor 4. :woot:
One can hope.

[YT]RieqgrWQQRk[/YT]

Last edited:
Is Scott Derrickson confirmed for Dr Strange 2? I can see Taika getting into the mystical arts. And he got to play with the character a bit in Ragnarok.
Derrickson is doing the sequel. IIRC, he was told by Marvel/Feige to hold back on some of the weirder magical aspects of DS for the sequel.

Derrickson is doing the sequel. IIRC, he was told by Marvel/Feige to hold back on some of the weirder magical aspects of DS for the sequel.

Oh man, I read that wrong at first and thought that Feige had told Derrickson to hold back in the sequel too. Gads, let's hope not. I want DS2 to be proper, balls to the wall, weird, trippy, magical dimension hopping fun. I want Nightmare to be the villain so we can visit the Dream Dimension, that would be so sweet. :hmr:

I agree that Taika would be a pretty good fit for the weird tripiness of Doctor Strange's world, but I'm happy that Derrickson is returning too.

Thor: Ragnarok VFX Supervisor Jake Morrison
I think I would love to do something with Beta Ray Bill, having been in the Thor universe for a good while. We put a small Easter egg on the tower in Sakaar, which is great fun, but I think he's such a cool character, and the Walt Simonson run in the comics, that one, that iconic cover with Beta Ray Bill in full regalia, clashing with the Mighty Thor. I think that's an immensely cool moment.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2315722/thors-vfx-supervisor-really-wants-to-use-beta-ray-bill-and-were-so-on-board

giphy.gif

aa3a0976bd9b005eb07c9b28c4069c86b7ef9c13.jpg

Beta Ray Bill for Thor 4?

I'm on board with it, especially since Thor was finally given his just due in Ragnarok. Bring in the Darkk Gods, Desak, The Midgard Serpent or even bring back Surtur as the main villain (s).

Surtur is done. He perished fulfilling his destiny.
Now we should absolutely have him in some kind of flashback to explain a bit of BRB backstory, what happened to the korbinites which is heavily connected with Surtur.

They could even connect it with how Odin first defeated Surtur taking the Eternal Flame away from him. So we could have the story of BRB and Korbin tweaked a bit to fit the overal MCU asgardian mythology.

An ideia would be to have Odin defeat Surtur and in doing this somehow Korbin becomes a causality of that asgardian conflict with the fire demon. The korbinites make BRB their best defense against a exterior threat but somehow BRB is never able to confront Surtur and prevent his homeworld destruction.

So maybe BRB ends up floating in space all alone knowing that he can never comeback home also knowing that he is the last one of his species. A prototype of the perfect warrior but still a bit of an “aberration” like rocket. Something made for a specific purpose which he could never fulfill.

He would then crash land in Sakaar where he too becomes the champion of the people... instead of escaping Sakaar maybe he won his freedom from The Grandmaster who really respected what he stand for. This way we could also bring Jeff Goldblum back in a smaller part...

BRB could have little understanding what really happen but have a grudge against the asgardians.

Here’s a chunk of a movie right here. You’re welcome. :woot:

Last edited:
I don't know if I think BRB fits in a larger role in the MCU. Ragnarok is already done and the MCU is much too small to have another Thor in.

I guess he could be there as himself, without getting any Asgardian power and by fulfilling some other role in a different story.

Mjölnir;36366765 said:
I don't know if I think BRB fits in a larger role in the MCU. Ragnarok is already done and the MCU is much too small to have another Thor in.

I guess he could be there as himself, without getting any Asgardian power and by fulfilling some other role in a different story.

Yeah, as much as I like BRB, I don't really see the need of him in the MCU at the present time unless they change his characterisation fairly significantly. We already have Thor, why do we need horse faced Thor too?

If there's a Thor 4, I want them to return to the "cosmic road trip" we were once promised.

Mjölnir;36366765 said:

Yeah, as much as I like BRB, I don't really see the need of him in the MCU at the present time unless they change his characterisation fairly significantly. We already have Thor, why do we need horse faced Thor too?
That's what they could do. BRB doesn't need to be a Thor just because he was very much like Thor in the comics. It's the MCU after all. There's plenty of stuff about BRB backstory, look, motivations... that could be explored in order to differentiate him from Thor. BRB was a cybernetic being in the very beginning and didn't look at all like Thor.

Even now Thor looks very different than he did when he crossed paths with BRB in the comics. Even if BRB ended up looking like he did in the comics he would still look quite different than this version of Thor.

I recently watched the movie again and i gotta say that i really liked the scene on the cliff in Norway. Hemsworth does a great job with how he shows confusion, sadness, anger... and Loki also has some subtle touches too. It's also a good and peaceful way for Odin to go. The only thing i wished would have been better executed was the destruction of mjolnir, it just needed some time to breath and really have that impact it deserved...

Still one can make a solid point that Thor had just found out that he had a sister and he saw Odin die, so he kinda felt overwhelmed with everything that was happening and in the bigger scheme of things mjolnir's destruction takes a back seat to his father death...

Taika talking about the death of Odin scene.

[YT]81YWvtMAI_M[/YT]

Odin, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice, for those that have died the glorious death

tumblr_p4shb6KeF21qieglto2_r1_400.gif

I recently watched the movie again and i gotta say that i really liked the scene on the cliff in Norway. Hemsworth does a great job with how he shows confusion, sadness, anger... and Loki also has some subtle touches too. It's also a good and peaceful way for Odin to go. The only thing i wished would have been better executed was the destruction of mjolnir, it just needed some time to breath and really have that impact it deserved...

Still one can make a solid point that Thor had just found out that he had a sister and he saw Odin die, so he kinda felt overwhelmed with everything that was happening and in the bigger scheme of things mjolnir's destruction takes a back seat to his father death...

I really like that scene and how it ties to the end. It was a good idea moving it from New York to this peaceful place. It suits Odin better.

The relation between Odin and the Sorcerers was exposed too in this part of the movie.

Haha, start them young.

One of things i thought about when rewatching Ragnarok that made a lot of sense in the bigger scheme of things.

The reason why Odin became so bitter towards Thor and ended up banishing him to Earth on the first movie was because Odin saw in Thor a mirror image of himself, of Hela... Bloodthirsty, brash and with the thirst for battle, for conquest... That’s also why Odin became so angry towards Thor and banished Thor like he had done previously with his first born Hela in this case banishing/imprisoning her somewhere else because of the apetite for conquest and death.

Odin didn't want another child as a "Executioner". Thor basically inherited the same traits as Hela and he was beginning to show that... Hela supposedly was more ruthless while Thor had a chance to redeem himself and took it.

This scene from the first Thor can easily be used to create a lot of parallels with Odin - Thor - Hela. When Thor says "Father we finish the together". I could se Hela saying that to Odin at some point in time just that the response would have been very different.

[YT]_IfYZZDTays[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"