The Dark Knight Rises Title for the third Batman movie..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard "Batman: Redemption" before, I like that.

Here's one I think no one has suggested:

Gotham's Soul

I think (from Nolan's comments about ending the storyline set up from BB) this is the theme that this movie will really come down to and I like that as a title too. It's a reference to Joker's line in TDK about "the battle for Gotham's soul" and how he wouldn't risk it through a personal conflict with Batman but by corrupting other freaks like Two-Face and (presumably) the antagonists of the third film. Ultimately, like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight title cards ended up being about the ending of those respective movies, this one would be about Bruce's victory in his quest and the conclusion of the trilogy. It can also be interchangable as a reference to "Batman" like the last two films (if people are anal about that), because the Batman can symbolically be seen as Gotham's Soul (the proponent motivating them to save their own city). In all, I think it's a perfect fit, maybe not for marketing but the film itself, but Nolan will probably come up with something different.

Ok. I KNOW "Shadow of Batman", has been mentioned a thousand times, so people are sick of it. But if that was what Nolan ended up calling the movie I think i'd be awesome! I think it's a great title, which also beautifully indicates batman on the run/in hiding. Just as fitting as Dark Knight was a dead on title for that movie, which brings me to Batman Begins, which was also exstremely self explanatory. So yes, shadow of batman is my favorit.

Never liked Shadow of the Bat, never will. Sounds too much like a comic book subtitle. Not that I'll cry and moan should that be the choice of course.

Batman 3: The Yolks on you, Devilishly yours, Egghead
Batman: One Bat, Two Bat, Three Bat.... Four?
Bruced Again
Bat, That's All
The Anal Retentive Batman
Follow that Bat!
Batman 3: Return of the Prince soundtrack
Nolan and his Amazing Batman Movie
Cashcow
Billion dollar Bat-baby

Shadow of the Batman. There, you're done.

How The Caped Crusader Got His Groove Back

or

Diary of a Mad Catwoman

Henri Ducard: If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.
Bruce Wayne: Which is?
Henri Ducard: A legend, Mr. Wayne.

Based on this quote "Legend of the knight"
Batman: Legend

batman beyond was used,but seems like a good end, like even though its over batman still goes on.

some kind of news is supposed to be coming via the LA Times Hero Complex blog in the morning, LA time tomorrow.

Boucher and Nolan have done a number of interviews before, and Nolan was one of the headliners at Bouchers film festival last summer.

Something tells me we may know the title in a matter of hours.

I hope not.

BATMAN RISES is about the laziest option people have come up with since the reboot was rumored, and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES just mashes them together. Prepare for sex jokes galore.

Hell, even THE DARK KNIGHT FALLS would have called to mind Knightfall AND hinted at what's happening to Gotham.

But THE DARK KNIGHT RISES?

Bah.

Last edited:
Although, I didn't like the title when I first read it I guess it goes with their intention of showing theater audiences how Batman came to be BATMAN! I hope I'll come to love it in time.

How is this a letdown or a disappointment?

It's a let down because Nolan didn't hand pick these people's title suggestions. I really like the title, and even more that nobody here guessed exactly what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"