Guardians of the Galaxy To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread - Part 1

LOL who was the Other supposed to be anyway? They never explain that before killing him?

Come on, it's Mephisto. The devil. You really think Marvel would put him in a movie?

I'd bet on Loki taking Mephisto's role if they adapt Infinity Gauntlet.

Without owning Silver Surfer, no, they won't use Mephisto.

I think the CGI needs work. Also, when Thanos gets mad, it'd be awesome if his eyes turned red.

I think the CGI needs work. Also, when Thanos gets mad, it'd be awesome if his eyes turned red.

tumblr_inline_n9p6a7qIin1rxf2vr.gif

Well he still does look pretty awesome mad, but I agree with you. That would be cool.

You might want to remove that gif seeing as how it's from a bootlegged copy of the film, which is a big no-no here.

But yeah, I personally preferred the look that Thanos had in "The Avengers". I guess it had more to do with the fact that the Thanos that we saw in "Avengers" wasn't completely made out of CGI.

In the "Avengers" cameo, he really came off more menacing with that small grin than what we saw of him in "Guardians". Tbh, his face reminded me of Ang Lee's hulk, but purplish-blue.

You might want to remove that gif seeing as how it's from a bootlegged copy of the film, which is a big no-no here.

But yeah, I personally preferred the look that Thanos had in "The Avengers". I guess it had more to do with the fact that the Thanos that we saw in "Avengers" wasn't completely made out of CGI.

In the "Avengers" cameo, he really came off more menacing with that small grin than what we saw of him in "Guardians". Tbh, his face reminded me of Ang Lee's hulk, but purplish-blue.

Thanos in the Avengers was almost 100% Prosthetic Make-Up - that's why it looks so good! Now that Brolin has been cast perhaps the next time we see the Mad Titan he will be a make-up again...

Thanos in the Avengers was almost 100% Prosthetic Make-Up - that's why it looks so good! Now that Brolin has been cast perhaps the next time we see the Mad Titan he will be a make-up again...

Kinda unfair comparison. We get a profile in the Avengers. The best angle possible to see just enough. And prosthetics have a habit of restricting facial expressions. I think with a little more time and effort GOTG Thanos can be the definitive Thanos.

Kinda unfair comparison. We get a profile in the Avengers. The best angle possible to see just enough. And prosthetics have a habit of restricting facial expressions. I think with a little more time and effort GOTG Thanos can be the definitive Thanos.

thanos-hd-720x402.jpg

main-qimg-5e1337e768ba2ab017c7c0f0df4e35e3

I don't know about that. Again, just my own personal preference but I definitely liked what they did with the Avengers look.

And although I would prefer for them not to go down that route, seeing as how they've "established" his look (for the most part) in GOTG, I think they'll be opting to go with Motion Capture to create his look, especially since he's a lot bigger than an average human.

I like his look apart from the eyes. They should make them appear like black holes with glowing pupils.

But i do think they nailed his personality and i think the voice is great.

He was brilliant, he looks so much better than he did in the avengers. Can't wait to see how he goes. I wasn't sure if Brolin would work in the role but I can see how he will do now

Come on, it's Mephisto. The devil. You really think Marvel would put him in a movie?

I'd bet on Loki taking Mephisto's role if they adapt Infinity Gauntlet.

With the rights for Ghost Rider reverting back to Marvel they'll be bound to use him at some point. But you're right, I could easily see Loki taking his place given that he failed him and it would mean more Tom Hiddleston especially after Thor 3 which I'm sure will end with him being permanently banished from the nine realms.

More Loki is always a good thing.

With the rights for Ghost Rider reverting back to Marvel they'll be bound to use him at some point. But you're right, I could easily see Loki taking his place given that he failed him and it would mean more Tom Hiddleston especially after Thor 3 which I'm sure will end with him being permanently banished from the nine realms.

I think it is much more likely to see Loki playing the role that Dr. Doom had in the Infinity Gauntlet. The heroes will reluctantly ask Loki to help them stop Thanos.

I think they'll use Mephisto, or the Devil, in the same role he had in the comics.

Quick question did Alexis Denisof come back? The other sounded different this time.

That's a bit of a myth, probably started by producers who hired the wrong make-up artists and perpetuated by digital effects houses trying to grab all the "fx" budgets for them selves.

Drax, Nebula, and Gamora all wore prosthetics and they expressed just fine.

If done correctly, they do not restrict at all. Look at Jim C. in the Grinch, or any Rick Baker or Dick Smith make-up for that matter.

I think the best choice to fix Thanos a bit, would be to keep the body proportions CGI, and prosthetic Brolin's face for the performance. Use a colour hue for the skin tone similar to the dark purple used in the Avengers post-credit scene, and make the eyes glowing pits instead of human pupils.

I think changing the eyes when he gets really mad to red would do it for me. He does need an overall CGI upgrade if they want people to take him seriously. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I can't see him sharing the screen with real actors like the Hulk did in Marvel's The Avengers. Hulk looked outstanding while Thanos looked cartoony.

thanos-hd-720x402.jpg

main-qimg-5e1337e768ba2ab017c7c0f0df4e35e3

I don't know about that. Again, just my own personal preference but I definitely liked what they did with the Avengers look.

And although I would prefer for them not to go down that route, seeing as how they've "established" his look (for the most part) in GOTG, I think they'll be opting to go with Motion Capture to create his look, especially since he's a lot bigger than an average human.

I did not think he looked "bad" in GoG - just not as nice as those two Avengers shots at the bottom above - not sure why they did not scan that design for the digital version.

Since Brolin was cast so late in the game there was not time to do a proper prosthetic make-up, but for his next appearance it would be nice to put Josh in a make-up and use digital to beef up the body, composite him into the scene, etc. A proper blend of the two could be very effective.

I didn't have a problem with Thanos' CGI, it was that he looked too friendly IMO, I know his personality said otherwise but initial impression wasn't of a domineering Titan. I also didn't like his voice that much, didn't seem to suit him, when I imagine his voice it's more inline with how Laufey sounded in 'Thor'.

Last edited:
Replacing Mephisto with Loki in an MCU version of Infinity Gauntlet would be perfect.

Personally, it has nothing to do with the quality of the CGI or the pigmentation of his skin color... I just prefer the facial structure/look of the Avengers Thanos (which is aided by the fact that it wasn't created entirely out of CGI and that the stand-in that they got has the right looks) over the version that we got in GOTG.

And maybe it's just me, but the differences in their appearances is pretty much very clear to me like how different TIH Hulk model looks from the Avengers Hulk model.

tumblr_n6gbjjVi3U1rrkahjo5_400.gif

tumblr_n9ne6qyDKK1s2zaudo3_r1_500.gif

Yeah, you can see how the Avengers one definitely has some of Damon Poitier's facial features (especially the slant of the eyes) which are missing from the new version.

I like 'em both, though, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"