Guardians of the Galaxy To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread - Part 1

I'm actually curious to see how Thanos is going to manhandle Drax seeing as how Drax got super owned by Ronan (without the Infinity Gem), who is afraid and well aware of how much more powerful Thanos is than him.

To be fair in that scene Drax was drunk and basically just charging at Ronan.

But yea, it will be interesting to see how powerful they actually portray Thanos. Will he be pimp slapping the likes of Hulk similar to the comics?

I'm not 100% sold on this colour change. He's far too bright now, even if it is a trick of the light.

Brolin was fantastic though, and I hope they do a mesh of prosthetics and CGI when he actually gets off the throne

As to The Other, anyone else feel like he just got cast aside a bit too easily? I mean, he was the intermediary in Avengers to Thanos, then he just gets killed by Ronan and bam, that's it...

I think that was to show Ronan was much more of a threat than Loki. Whilst Loki seemed a bit threatened by the Other, Ronan was just like... **** this guy.

The only thing i'd change about Thanos is the eyes. Something like this would be really cool and unsettling. Like black holes.

tumblr_n8tw56hxSS1th2pn7o3_1280.jpg

I think that was to show Ronan was much more of a threat than Loki. Whilst Loki seemed a bit threatened by the Other, Ronan was just like... **** this guy.

The only thing i'd change about Thanos is the eyes. Something like this would be really cool and unsettling. Like black holes.

I would go with something like this too. Black voids, maybe even with small twinkles inside like he has galaxies inside for a nice effect. Maybe they wanted a natural look to his eyes for more emotion?

Also your sig is fantastic. I got the goosebumps when he said that line, getting them now too!

Last edited:
As to The Other, anyone else feel like he just got cast aside a bit too easily? I mean, he was the intermediary in Avengers to Thanos, then he just gets killed by Ronan and bam, that's it...

I like that it showed Ronan's intolerance though.

I doubt Loki would have done it, well... because he's a bit of a wuss.

I like that it showed Ronan's intolerance though.

I doubt Loki would have done it, well... because he's a bit of a wuss.
It definitely helped in demonstrating how dangerous and short tempered he was. A plus if you asked me. Now if
they hadn't killed him he could have been up there with Loki and been the Darth Vader of the MCU.
Shortsighted of them.

Still prefer the Avengers one; Thanos looks better with dark purple skin than light purple.

I prefer my Thanos shorter and stumpier.

I also preferred the Avengers version over this one. I thought he looked a little too bright and cartoony. I did like the face hologram though.

I thought they looked pretty similar? :shrug:

I would go with something like this too. Black voids, maybe even with small twinkles inside like he has galaxies inside for a nice effect. Maybe they wanted a natural look to his eyes for more emotion?

Also your sig is fantastic. I got the goosebumps when he said that line, getting them now too!

I assume that once he has the Infinity Gauntlet, his eyes will glow in some way. When Ronan had the gem and when Malekith had the Aether, their eyes changed.

he looked alright in GOTG. Needs to look a little more scary. His armor is great.
Would have liked more scary lighting and not a straight on straight lit shot.

free photo hosting

I think that they felt like the needed to show him full-on. They've been teasing him and hinting at him for two movies, so they probably said "well we need to just show him at some point, and this villain pow-wow would be an appropriate time."

I love how Loki an Ronan were referred as their race and not by name. I know Thanos didn't call Loki Asgardian but IIRC The Other did which means that's how Thanos refers to him. I'm sure he has done it in the comics but i'm glad they brought that characteristic to the screen with him.

It's like they're just so much lower than him.

Last edited:
Just saw this this morning, loved it.

I though Thanos looked fine. He definitely had something 'Brolin' going on around his eyes so I'm guessing there was some motion capture and it wasn't 100% CGI.

But yeah, I thought he looked boss. And he sounded great too.

I'd love to see a scene like this. Where Thanos is travelling through different dimensions.

tumblr_mbegduCCDN1qggo2qo1_500.png

Looks like Thanos is looking in a mirror while on acid.

I'd like to see Silver Surfer cosmic blast Thanos in the groin, oh wait...DAMN YOU FOX

Looks like Thanos is looking in a mirror while on acid.

Those older Starlin comics are trippy as ****. I genuinely believe he was under the influence when he was writing some of them lol. Kinda like Morrison.

I'd like to see Silver Surfer cosmic blast Thanos in the groin, oh wait...DAMN YOU FOX

Seeing Surfer and Thanos on screen together would be so cool.

i would like to see thanos quest at some point. whether it be a scene or a couple different scenes in various movies. i want to see him flying around in the chair going after the gems. maybe when all his attempts by third parties fail, he just goes after the gems himself. one by one. or at least confront one elder like the gardener or something and take one.

Those older Starlin comics are trippy as ****. I genuinely believe he was under the influence when he was writing some of them lol. Kinda like Morrison.

Trippy in the most awesome of ways.

Thanos Quest as a two part one-shot imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"