Guardians of the Galaxy To Infinity and Beyond: The Thanos Thread - Part 1

Thanos Quest as a two part one-shot imo.

Or a six part one shot, with each one shot being shown before a Phase 3 film?

Considering this whole MCU is supposed to be leading to Thanos with the IG it is strange he is yet to acquire even 1

Or a six part one shot, with each one shot being shown before a Phase 3 film?

Considering this whole MCU is supposed to be leading to Thanos with the IG it is strange he is yet to acquire even 1

I think he's just lining them up, locating them and once he knows where they all are he'll make his move. He's not worried in the least, it's inevitable in his mind and it is.

We don't know that he hasn't acquired any. We know that he doesn't have these three, but for all we know he's already got one of two of the other ones.

Yeah, I think as far as he's concerned, Nova, The Collector and Asgard are just keeping them safe for him while he locates the others, even if they don't see it that way, lol.

Yea, he doesn't seem too concerned. I think he just likes playing around with people, manipulating them to cause pain on his behalf.

I'd like to see more nefarious schemes though. I remember in Silver Surfer's comics he was travelling around with him showing him why he needed to wipe out half the universes population. Explaining that the universe was becoming to over populated and unbalancing cosmic consonance and all this.

He took the Surfer to Earth and was showing him how mankind was running amok and destroying it's environment. Then took the Surfer to another planet that was inhabited by these peaceful monkey like aliens.

In doing so it's revealed that the Surfer unwittingly brought bacteria and germs from Earth onto this planet, which then become a plague and wiped out all the poor little monkey aliens lol.

Thanos is a real bastard

I'm sure theyll show him wiping out a planet or two even without the gauntlet.

So why was Ronan the obligatory villain again...? Thanos had more personality in the minute or two he's actually in the movie for than Ronan did in the whole thing. I know he can give the Hulk a good fight, so it'd be a short movie if he confronted the Guardians in their first adventure. But Ronan? C'mon now. A guy who tries not to leak his mascara when he gets told hard.

Thanos in theory doesn't even know the Collector had the Aether, and there's nothing in GotG that indicates that the Collector was working for him at all... So really he's lost 2 infinity stones so far, and is missing 4.

I really don't see what his game is at all, it just seems like Marvel's setting themselves up for a terrible montage of him smashing up 6 strongholds in 5 minutes to get them all... A post-credits one-shot after each Phase 3 film would be awesome, but would beg the question, why does no-one stop him once it's clear what is happening? He's got to strike for them all at once, or do it through intermediaries as he's trying now

Maybe he has some level of omnipresence/science? He can sense/see the Gems?

Thanos looked great!

I think people were calling him "cartoony" because he was among actors. I'm sure he'll look better fighting Hulk, Iron Man-- basically in a CGI-fest.

Thanos in theory doesn't even know the Collector had the Aether, and there's nothing in GotG that indicates that the Collector was working for him at all... So really he's lost 2 infinity stones so far, and is missing 4.

I really don't see what his game is at all, it just seems like Marvel's setting themselves up for a terrible montage of him smashing up 6 strongholds in 5 minutes to get them all... A post-credits one-shot after each Phase 3 film would be awesome, but would beg the question, why does no-one stop him once it's clear what is happening? He's got to strike for them all at once, or do it through intermediaries as he's trying now

My guess is I think he's just lining them up, locating them and once he knows where they all are he'll make his move. He's not worried in the least, it's inevitable in his mind and it is. There has to be enough things to do in an Infinity Gauntlet movie. It would be beyond lame if he was in possession of the stones before an IG movie. You guys want two hours of him with the gauntlet fighting the heroes?

I'd want a 2 hour film with him wielding the gauntlet and the heroes finding a way to put him down yes. An hour wasted on a glorified montage would be boring

Personally, I think it would be a really great move by Marvel if they adapted the Thanos Quest into a film. I think it would be a great way to set up the Infinity Gauntlet storyline like in the comics.

Last edited:
Brolin is certainly big enough to hold a film on his own. Whether or not a film called Thanos Quest would draw anyone in but Marvel fans however...

I really hope that Thanos either already has a bunch of infinity gems or acquires the majority of them off-screen. I can only handle so much MacGuffin-ry before it starts to feel like a Hannah-Barbara cartoon.

It could also be argued that he knows where three of them are. Loki is in possession of one, he knows the Aether was taken to The Collector and he still kind of owes Thanos for his failure. Thanos clearly would know the Nova Corps took the Power Stone.

Last edited:
It could also be argued that he knows where three of them are. Loki is in possession of one, he knows the Aether was taken to The Collector and he still kind of owes Thanos for his failure. Thanos clearly would know the Nova Corps took the Power Stone.

He doesn't know anything about the Aether, other than it was used and then captured by Thor. He'd assume it was on Asgard if he's been paying attention, but that's a long shot

At the end of the film, they should have had Howard pocket the Aether and walk out the door.

He doesn't know anything about the Aether, other than it was used and then captured by Thor. He'd assume it was on Asgard if he's been paying attention, but that's a long shot

Not sure if you mean Loki or Thanos.

But you are talking about Loki spoiler: Loki is masquerading around as Odin in Asgard. I'm sure he is very well aware of where the Reality Stone went.

If you are talking about Thanos. He knows about the Aether. Just like he knew about the Tesseract and The Orb. He might not know The Collector has it but it won't be very hard for him to find out.

Last edited:
My guess is I think he's just lining them up, locating them and once he knows where they all are he'll make his move. He's not worried in the least, it's inevitable in his mind and it is. There has to be enough things to do in an Infinity Gauntlet movie. It would be beyond lame if he was in possession of the stones before an IG movie. You guys want two hours of him with the gauntlet fighting the heroes?

I agree. Honestly, I'd bet on Thanos actually possessing the power of the Gauntlet for exactly the third reel of Avengers 3. You can't base a 2+ hour film on "omg, Thanos is the most powerful guy in the universe! He can do ANNNNNNYTHING!" (yawn)

The story is about *collecting* the Stones, not actually *wielding* them.

That being said: in general, I think this inconsistent approach to the Stones is severely weakening Thanos as a character. With each new installment of the Infinity Stones series, he looks more and more clueless. Yes, I agree that the gist of it is that he's deliberately allowing his underlings to fail so that he can maneuver the Stones into a place of his own choosing, but the question, as each new Stone is uncovered, becomes: "Why didn't you already know the Stone was there, Thanos? And why didn't you just grab it yourself, instead of 'trusting' backstabbing mercenaries to do the hard labor?"

Random possibility: if the stone Thanos already possesses is the Time Gem, Thanos may literally be biding his time. If he's received a vision of future timelines which points to a moment in the upcoming future where a perfect opportunity to gather all of them occurs? Why not largely mess around in the interim?

Note that, yes, he didn't actually receive any of the three stones yet. However, two of them are now in known locations, when previously they had been lost. One of the others is in an unknown location, but is still a lot less "lost" than it used to be. Its arguably better for Thanos ( and everyone else ) compared with them all remaining lost, and potentially picked up and used by any idiot.

Would like to see Thanos pimp slap Iron-*****e.

youdontsay.png

Last edited:
I think with his trusting of minions to collect the stones failing, he will be inclined to get off of his ass and do it himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"