• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Tom Holland IS Peter Parker / Spider-Man - Part 1

I don't think they were missing at all. Peter sleeping on the ceiling, hanging up side down in his room drawing or reading (can't remember), crouched on the railing talking to the father and son, hanging upside down to come and talk to Harry, etc. etc. etc.

So focused on the negative. How about all the awesomeness that occurred before walking away from Aleksei, the swinging, dodging bullets and then webbing him up in a unique fashion. Or his entrance into Times Square, landing on the cop car as it was rotating in the air to catch it, then his jump and flip to land on top of the cop car you're talking about. Yeah, totally sucked.

:up: Nicely put.

I def love to see this spidey more agile and doing stuff like hanging off ceilings or walking on walls on down time and stuff like that.

So focused on the negative. How about all the awesomeness that occurred before walking away from Aleksei, the swinging, dodging bullets and then webbing him up in a unique fashion. Or his entrance into Times Square, landing on the cop car as it was rotating in the air to catch it, then his jump and flip to land on top of the cop car you're talking about. Yeah, totally sucked.

because spider-man should ALWAYS being doing non-pedestrian type physical actions. tasm series had too much walking and running and standing in and around it's action scenes.

car thief scene could have had spider-man on the wall that he stuck the thug to, crawling around it taunting him instead of just standing there with slack posture and pacing a few steps here and there. the way he awkwardly ran away from the cops and clambered up the car before swinging away also sucked. and sure, he's new to his powers, but SM1 had an amazing scene with spider-man chasing after uncle ben's killer: he never came across as a pedestrian or non-powered vigilante. he was raw, yet powerful.

and duh, obviously he moved well in action scenes in tasm2, like in the truck scene and times square scene, but what i'm talking about are moments that aren't strickly action beats.

every time spider-man walks away doing a jig or slides off a car like he's just too cool to put any effort into his movement jars strongly with when he does move like a spider.

there's much more negative than positive in the tasm series, especially tasm2, so it's not as pessimistic as you think to bring these things up.

i can also give plenty of reasons why the action in tasm2 sucked, despite being cool-looking at face value, but that's another discussion.

Good post, webby. It'd be a lot easier for me to say TASM2 sucked as to not have a target/stigma on my back. But nope. There's a lot I enjoyed about it. But anyway. Let's see what Holland brings to the table.

contrast how peter stands near the end of tasm1 when he has his mask off and is talking to captain stacey before he kicks the lizard into the pit to the points i made in my last post.

that's how spider-man should be; spider-like. he shouldn't look like he does in the car thief scene etc., it's jarring and lame to see spider-man look like a pedestrian/cosplayer waiting in line to get into hall H.

tasm series has garfield just doing whatever he feels like in terms of physicality and it's frequently off and when he gets it right, it's all the more jarring when he does the 'too cool to give a f***' routine.

contrast how peter stands near the end of tasm1 when he has his mask off and is talking to captain stacey before he kicks the lizard into the pit to the points i made in my last post.

that's how spider-man should be; spider-like. he shouldn't look like he does in the car thief scene etc., it's jarring and lame to see spider-man look like a pedestrian/cosplayer waiting in line to get into hall H.

tasm series has garfield just doing whatever he feels like in terms of physicality and it's frequently off and when he gets it right, it's all the more jarring when he does the 'too cool to give a f***' routine.

The Raimi series was much worse in that regard.

And also the scene where Connors turns normal and 'saves' Peter by grabbing him on the edge of the building and struggling to pull him back up. Guess Pete forgot he could stick to walls.

I agree with Notsolongago & Repulsor blast, I'd like to see Spider-Man doing more spider-like things. Like less human and more abnormal. Tom could definitely pull it off.

because spider-man should ALWAYS being doing non-pedestrian type physical actions. tasm series had too much walking and running and standing in and around it's action scenes.

car thief scene could have had spider-man on the wall that he stuck the thug to, crawling around it taunting him instead of just standing there with slack posture and pacing a few steps here and there. the way he awkwardly ran away from the cops and clambered up the car before swinging away also sucked. and sure, he's new to his powers, but SM1 had an amazing scene with spider-man chasing after uncle ben's killer: he never came across as a pedestrian or non-powered vigilante. he was raw, yet powerful.

and duh, obviously he moved well in action scenes in tasm2, like in the truck scene and times square scene, but what i'm talking about are moments that aren't strickly action beats.

every time spider-man walks away doing a jig or slides off a car like he's just too cool to put any effort into his movement jars strongly with when he does move like a spider.

there's much more negative than positive in the tasm series, especially tasm2, so it's not as pessimistic as you think to bring these things up.

i can also give plenty of reasons why the action in tasm2 sucked, despite being cool-looking at face value, but that's another discussion.

This :up:

Tasm2 had Spider-Man walk away from Alexsei and it looked lame as hell. I agree with romita sr. Also the way Garfield slid off the cop car in times square sucked. God those movies are bad.
:facepalm:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I do hope we have little fun elements of hanging from ceilings and all that fun stuff. I brought that point up befire. Like have a scene of him reading the bugle paper but he is in costume hanging upside down. And he gets a tingle for trouble and has to spin around and sling off.

11326495_1458214201151382_1405562867_n.jpg

Tom's physique is going to look great in the costume. Hope they don't use muscle padding...

Well, I think it's very safe to say that Tom Holland has the athleticism of Spider-Man down, based on some of the videos he's posted. :up:

Good post, webby. It'd be a lot easier for me to say TASM2 sucked as to not have a target/stigma on my back. But nope. There's a lot I enjoyed about it. But anyway. Let's see what Holland brings to the table.

Thanks. As much as I dislike the ASM series and particularly #2, there's plenty of good stuff that came from those films. Especially the Spider-Man aspect--his movements, agility, and persona.

I'm still not very familiar with Holland but he does seem to have the physicality down, which is definitely good.

:up: Nicely put.

Thanks. I feel there's plenty of 'spider-like' moments that came from the ASM series in and out of the action scenes. And it's one of the aspects that I was quite happy with.

Tom's physique is going to look great in the costume. Hope they don't use muscle padding...

I agree. If his physique is up to par, leave the muscle padding out.

Well, I think it's very safe to say that Tom Holland has the athleticism of Spider-Man down, based on some of the videos he's posted. :up:

I've definitely enjoyed watching some of those. He's got a good skill set.

I know but that is why you design the suit and the material you use to highlight your actors body. So it's really there body. And then only a lighting enhance things. I think that us how Mos did it for cavill super suit. I just don't think we need thst. If there is any padding it likely be the silly head she'll thing. That is only thing I take. Tom had great body shape and definition in his muscles.

Anyone ever just sit down and imagine the day Spider-Man finally debuts in Civil War. His first intro scene swinging through the city. The music in the background, whatever it may be, fitting him like a glove and everything so perfect and beautiful.

Sometimes I sit down and imagine/hope for that and just think to myself, what a wonderful day that will be. This reminds me of my days waiting for TASM to come out. Or thinkong back to watching SM 2002 for the first time as a kid. So much excitement and nostalgia.

I know but that is why you design the suit and the material you use to highlight your actors body. So it's really there body. And then only a lighting enhance things. I think that us how Mos did it for cavill super suit. I just don't think we need thst. If there is any padding it likely be the silly head she'll thing. That is only thing I take. Tom had great body shape and definition in his muscles.
Actually they did do it for MOS. The thing is that spandex 'removes' body mass. So that's why they go for the muscle suit as well as shading in Raimi's case. I think they need to just come up with a better way to do the suit than just regular spandex. I've suggested a muscle suit before that simply keeps the shape of Tom's body but doesn't add anything. And the Muscle suit and Spider suit are basically attached to each other so it has the perfect painted on look from the comics.

Actually they did do it for MOS. The thing is that spandex 'removes' body mass. So that's why they go for the muscle suit as well as shading in Raimi's case. I think they need to just come up with a better way to do the suit than just regular spandex. I've suggested a muscle suit before that simply keeps the shape of Tom's body but doesn't add anything. And the Muscle suit and Spider suit are basically attached to each other so it has the perfect painted on look from the comics.
I'm thinking they avoid any muscle suits and let Spidey look all natural in his suit.

Ya I rather just go eith some material ie like what under armour is and have it tight to tom or his stunt men bodies and we see the natural muscle shape and size and flexing of the muscles

Ya I rather just go eith some material ie like what under armour is and have it tight to tom or his stunt men bodies and we see the natural muscle shape and size and flexing of the muscles
Under armour would be nice, it's also not that expensive of a material so it'd save budget money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"