Homecoming "Spider-Man Summit" Thread - Part 1

They should hold a press event similar to the phase announcements, except in spidey's home of NYC!

They should hold a press event similar to the phase announcements, except in spidey's home of NYC!

If they hold a press event at this time, everyone is gonna know it's Spidey before it even starts.

When they announce it, have the Ramones' version of the Spider-Man theme song blasting in the background. Two NYC institutions at the same time.

Daltonio and Avi Arad will crash the party in a last ditch effort to save the ASM franchise

SDCC is 5 months away and if sony is moving forward with their spidey stuff they will probably announce something soon.

the answers are coming.

What if sony is going to make asm3 but no sinister six movie and in 2018? Would they announce any thing soon then has that is still like 3 years away and it would be a while before they even start fimling for that?

What if sony is going to make asm3 but no sinister six movie and in 2018? Would they announce any thing soon then has that is still like 3 years away and it would be a while before they even start fimling for that?

I think sony wants to have something come out in 2016 if they still plan on continuing with their "Spidey Universe"

4 years between sequels seems like a pretty long time. We're all in the dark right now, who knows whats gonna happen.

I think sony wants to have something come out in 2016 if they still plan on continuing with their "Spidey Universe"

4 years between sequels seems like a pretty long time. We're all in the dark right now, who knows whats gonna happen.

While I know 4 years is a long time but that would give them more time if they wanted to shack things up like with a new director or something. We know because of asm2 box office has while has reception that they are thinking more about what they should or shouldn't do.

if they're gonna wait another 4 years then they might as well just start over. whether that be with marvel or (sigh) yet another sony reboot.

What if they did asm2 in 2017 with no s6?

that was never rumored so I never really thought about it.

since we're completely clueless on what is gonna happen, I guess we can't really rule anything out.

I'm actually kind of hoping it's announced at SDCC just so I can see the video footage of the audience losing their minds. I love seeing fellow geeks cheer for this stuff.

I totally know what you mean.

I used to love Steve Jobs's presentations with Apple for the same reason. It would be great if we could see and hear the uproar for Spidey in the MCU.

We have actual reason to see legitimacy in the Twitter account. If it was a troll, they'd be falling over themselves to announce or hint at the deal.

We have actual reason to see legitimacy in the Twitter account. If it was a troll, they'd be falling over themselves to announce or hint at the deal.

-The Twitter
-JK Simmons hearing something about a spiderman film
-Latino Review being on a role as of late, especially with their Disney news
-Pascal out of the picture
-Still absolute spidey silence

Idk, but I think we have a lot good signs right now, and the twitter is probably our biggest one

-The Twitter

Idk, but I think we have a lot good signs right now, and the twitter is probably our biggest one

The time to be a spidey fan is truly an experience right now. We have so much that points to good news and a lil that points to bad. The more we wait the more likely it becomes imo

if sony goes through with their planned movies then I gotta give them credit, that takes balls of steel.

they'll get destroyed though, no doubt about it.

-The Twitter

Very good points! I think most of us were expecting the Spider-Man Summit to be a huge press conference when in fact it seems it was a private meeting. For me the fact that Pascal has stepped down and this twitter account it gives me hope that the deal did in fact go through.

And yes it has been a roller-coaster of emotions being a spidey fan!!

I think a lot of people (myself included) are going to be disappointed when the plan finally comes to light. All this talk about MS taking over seems to be just wishful thinking.

I mean these talks of Spider-Man joining the MCU did really happen. I think Spidey will be in the MCU at some point but it's just a matter of when. If Sony decides now to go along with it's own plans for sinister six or whatever then I think that they'll end up failing and will at some point have no choice but to share the character with Marvel.

yeah I understand. Just trying to not get my hopes up too much. I don't want to feel crushed if it doesn't happen. Fox's deathgrip on the FF and X-Men is bad enough; to have Spidey come thiiiiiis close only to end up remaining under Sony's thumb would be... well we all know what that would be. :csad:

If Spidey doesn't end up in the MCU there's going to be a TON of crushed Spider-Man fans... Bro tears will be shed.

My theory is that (prior to Pascal officially vacating her chair position) Iger, Hirai, and Belgrad (who are said to have met to discuss the deal back in December), as well as other involved persons like Pascal, met and came to a verbal agreement on the matter.

And as of Pascal's departure (and the process of inserting her replacement; likely Belgrad), they are beginning the process of getting the deal done on paper. And we'll likely get an official announcement (barring anything halting the deal) at SDCC.

Last edited:
My theory is that (prior to Pascal officially vacating her chair position) Iger, Hirai, and Belgrad (who are said to have met to discuss the deal back in December), as well as other involved persons like Pascal, met and came to a verbal agreement on the matter.

And as of Pascal's departure (and the process of inserting her replacement; likely Belgrad), they are beginning the process of getting the deal done on paper. And we'll likely get an official announcement (barring anything halting the deal) at SDCC.

I love you for this post. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"