Homecoming "Spider-Man Summit" Thread - Part 1

even if a deal doesn't happen we still have the MCU, DCCU, and X-Men/Deadpool stuff!

If Spidey doesn't end up in the MCU there's going to be a TON of crushed Spider-Man fans... Bro tears will be shed.

Yeah I will be really depressed.

even if a deal doesn't happen we still have the MCU, DCCU, and X-Men/Deadpool stuff!

True. It's just so sad knowing that Spider-Man would still be stuck at Sony. It's literally three cinematic universes vs. Spider-Man.

Was there ever an exact date or ballpark range being passed around for the spidey summit?

Because the Twitter was made on January 26th 2015, which sounds really close to when we were expecting the summit.

Nope, I don't think we ever found out a date for Spidey Summit. I believe it was rumored to take place earlier in January but I don't think that was ever confirmed. Man I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since we found out about it...

My theory is that (prior to Pascal officially vacating her chair position) Iger, Hirai, and Belgrad (who are said to have met to discuss the deal back in December), as well as other involved persons like Pascal, met and came to a verbal agreement on the matter.

And as of Pascal's departure (and the process of inserting her replacement; likely Belgrad), they are beginning the process of getting the deal done on paper. And we'll likely get an official announcement (barring anything halting the deal) at SDCC.

That seems like a logical way for things to have happened.

I really hope you are right.

Was there ever an exact date or ballpark range being passed around for the spidey summit?

Because the Twitter was made on January 26th 2015, which sounds really close to when we were expecting the summit.

Nope. And it was never gonna be a public thing. All we ever knew from reports was that the higher ups of Marvel, Disney, and Sony would meet to discuss the deal.

Nope. And it was never gonna be a public thing. All we ever knew from reports was that the higher ups of Marvel, Disney, and Sony would meet to discuss the deal.

Marvel and Disney being there to discuss anything was just rumors.

Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Gross :down

Last edited:
Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

as much as i thoroughly agree with this sentiment, the fact that sony is going to be working with feige and company to develop a new way forward isn't nothing, you know?

as much as i thoroughly agree with this sentiment, the fact that sony is going to be working with feige and company to develop a new way forward isn't nothing, you know?

That Feige is onboard does A LOT to ease my discomfort.

Wait, Sony still has control over the Spider-Man movies? :dry: They better not have control over the Spider-Man in the MCU. Anyway, I heard that it's official but there isn't much details regarding this story, so I'm still skeptical about it but hope for the best.

Is this real life?

Oh My God, I can't believe it!!! Happiest day in a long time!!!

Wait, Sony still has control over the Spider-Man movies? :dry: They better not have control over the Spider-Man in the MCU. Anyway, I heard that it's official but there isn't much details regarding this story, so I'm still skeptical about it but hope for the best.

It sounds as though it will be a clean split, with Marvel getting access to Spidey for future team up films and Sony handling the solo features. Each studio pays the full freight for their films, with the Feige/Pascal team overseeing everything Spidey related.

This is the simplest arrangement for all involved. Now are Feige and Pascal going to sign up someone for a 12 picture deal?

Doesn't matter. Avi Arad, the reason for all the crap, is gone. And Kevin Feige is the head producer.

Doesn't matter. Avi Arad, the reason for all the crap, is gone. And Kevin Feige is the head producer.

BINGO! Feige will not let them do something stupid. If the film doesn't fit his overall vision than he will let Spidey go again. If Spider-Man threatens to snap the continuity that already exists I say leave him back with Sony. Giving him a film so quickly may seem a bit hurried but I don't see Marvel doing this without a prior plan in place.

my thoughts on Spidey joining the MCU:
http://otlnews.net/2015/02/09/official-spider-man-is-back-at-marvel-studios/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"