• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Torchwood - Part 1

EDIT: I'm not even sure how the gay sex worked... I've never had to research gay sex before but can they have sex face to face like that? Isn't the aim of gay sex for one of them to get the others ass? My ass isn't on my front and there is no way that I know of to get to my ass with another guy on top of me face to face.

It's possible, the angle has to be right.
Lemonade in cans and soda bottles is flat in the US. I never thought about it until they mentioned it, but it is, and that's whats so weird about it.

After lamenting the death Ianto, flirting with pretty much anyone in the audience who would ask a question and singing show tunes, the cast of "Torchwood" left their Comic-Con panel to meet with press and talk about the rest of the season.

John Barrowman (Jack), Eve Myles (Gwen), Mekhi Phifer (Rex), Bill Pullman (Oswald) and Alexa Havins (Esther) were all in attendance -- as was "Torchwood" writer and Comic-Con superstar Jane Espenson.

So what did they have to say? From our encounters with all of them, Zap2it gleaned 5 concrete (or maybe slightly speculative) developments headed our way as "Torchwood: Miracle Day" continues its 10-episode run on Starz...

1. The living dead aren't doomed
Rex spent the first three episodes gimping around with a hole in his chest, but a mortality-restoring end to "Miracle Day" won't necessarily kill him. He's getting better. "My bodily functions were still working," explains Phifer of his skewering in the premiere. "They were able to fix me up. So throughout the series, I am healing -- as fast as you can heal with a hole through your body."

2. We're going back in time
The Aug. 5 episode, "The Categories of Life" sounds like a bit of a standalone compared to the rest of the season. In addition to exploring the dynamic between Jack and Gwen, a past love story of Jack's will be told, via flashback, for most of the episode. "The only real-time stuff that you have is between Jack and Gwen," says Barrowman. "What happens with them is very quick... It's a story that's being told while this other one that's going on. We're in two different places at once -- very confusing -- but it is science fiction."

3. Gwen and Jilly will probably throw down
Lauren Ambrose's delightfully cutthroat spin doctor Jilly Kitzinger will cross paths with the Torchwood team eventually -- and when they do, don't expect hugs and puppies. "Those two storylines are on a collision course," says Espenson. "They will meet, and there's a Gwen moment with [Jilly] that you will enjoy."

4. Get ready for Esther's emo sister
Esther alluded to troubled sister in episode 3, and you won't have to wait long to meet her. She appears in the July 29 episode, "Escape to LA." "We touch base in and out over a few episodes," Havins says of her character's recurring sister, who adds that we'll see more of her and Rex's family as the season plays out. "It humanizes the whole situation. I think by introducing the family members you can really connect and understand why people react a certain way."

5. Gwen hits PhiCorp where it hurts
That epic explosion depicted in the latest teaser trailer? We're going to go out on a limb and say it's something that belongs to menacing pharmaceutical giant PhiCorp. "It's soon," Myles promises. "It's very soon. It's one of those moments were you go, 'Yes, Gwen takes on the baddies!'" As for the scene itself, it sounds like one of the most stressful days of shooting. "We had one go at that," she adds. "It was about 3:00 in the morning, 80 miles an hour winds, rain, it couldn't have been worse... and it's up to me to time it. I thought, this could be the end of my career if I get this wrong."

Oh, and we couldn't conclude our Comic-Con coverage of "Torchwood" without sharing one of the most charming images to come out of the entire event. This cast really couldn't be more charming...

torchwood-john-barrowman-eve-myles-comic-con.jpg

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...hings-to-expect-from-the-next-7-episodes.html

My opinion on the series so far: Really boring. Its a great concept but I don't think they are maximising it to its full potential. Also the amount of filler is unbelievable. Its obvious that the Starz wanted ten episodes and now RTD and his writers are struggling to stretch this five episode concept into ten episodes.
While the first two series of Torchwood were less than stellar, they were more often than not pretty damn fun and exciting. This is just dull. I shall carry on watching for the hope that it improves but I'm not holding my breath.

My opinion on the series so far: Really boring. Its a great concept but I don't think they are maximising it to its full potential. Also the amount of filler is unbelievable. Its obvious that the Starz wanted ten episodes and now RTD and his writers are struggling to stretch this five episode concept into ten episodes.
While the first two series of Torchwood were less than stellar, they were more often than not pretty damn fun and exciting. This is just dull. I shall carry on watching for the hope that it improves but I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah i agree, also its too American. It feels like the Paul McGanns Doctor Who: The Movie and we all know how good that was....

I agree.

The show does feel stretched out unnecessarily. It might be alot tighter if it was less episodes.

This season feels like real science fiction. :up:

EDIT: I'm not even sure how the gay sex worked... I've never had to research gay sex before but can they have sex face to face like that? Isn't the aim of gay sex for one of them to get the others ass? My ass isn't on my front and there is no way that I know of to get to my ass with another guy on top of me face to face.

You on your back with your legs up on his shoulders. Or you could ride him the same as a girl would. It's not that hard...

This episode was far better than the last three. Cause y'know the plot actually moved forward. Nowhere near as good as COE but its improving. The Phicorp sequence with the hitman was a highlight.

Holy moley this season just keeps getting better. I cant believe what happened to the doctor.

I hope ratings are good all around to warrant another season.

You on your back with your legs up on his shoulders. Or you could ride him the same as a girl would. It's not that hard...
But that's not what it looked like in the episode... They were both lying flat with no legs over shoulders and no riding. That's why in my head it couldn't work like that.

As for the new episode this week. Big bad Torchwood reduced to Gwen screaming at a security guard like everyone else.

Another great episode. Way better than the British version.
Bill Pullman character is really intriguing in a kind of Gaius Baltar way. It's too bad Gwen didn't cook.

Quite dull but the ending was good and sorta made up for it. There appears to be a lot of inconsistency on how people can die or not. I thought that everyone remains conscious because they are "so alive" as Jack puts it. But now unconsciousness is a widespread thing? And the doctor isn't even dead is she? Surely her ashes have conscious thought? And I could see that they were ovens a mile off? Are torchwood that thick? And peoples opinions on Oswald are changing so frequently that its becoming a bit hard to believe. And the build-up to the doctor’s death was almost laughable.

So far not a patch on children of earth. Not awful. Just extremely mediocre.

Last edited:
Another great episode. Way better than the British version.
Bill Pullman character is really intriguing in a kind of Gaius Baltar way. It's too bad Gwen didn't cook.
I have decided you need to seek out medical help. I think you might have a brain tumour or something. Gwen is the best!

I have decided you need to seek out medical help. I think you might have a brain tumour or something. Gwen is the best!

I just can't take the Welsh accent seriously. Perhaps America has just done too good a job using media propaganda to convince the world they are the real heroes.

I just can't take the Welsh accent seriously. Perhaps America has just done too good a job using media propaganda to convince the world they are the real heroes.

For most North Americans, the only Welsh people we know are Christian Bale, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones. Not too shabby.

For most North Americans, the only Welsh people we know are Christian Bale, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones. Not too shabby.
And Christian Bale isn't even Welsh.

I would say besides Hopkins and Zeta Jones Welsh actors people may of heard of are Richard Burton, Rhys Ifans (Amazing Spider-Man), Matthew Rhys (Brothers And Sisters), Ioan Gruffudd (Mr Fantastic in Fanastic Four), Luke Evans(The Hobbit/Immortals/The Musketeers), John Rhys-Davis(Indiana Jones/Lord Of The Rings), Owain Yeoman (The Mentalist)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"