The Dark Knight trailer vs the prologue

The prologue is gritty, violent, in your face and hilarious like the joker needs to be. At first I was extremely skeptical on this take of the joker (I thought the carved smile was a cheap gag) but the prologue footage was just, awesome.
The trailer is really more of the same, just basically Batman Begins 2.0. IMO. Not that that's a bad thing at all.

And I don't want the craptacular one with the chair blocking everything

Seen both, to be honest, the prologue wasn't as pleasing as the trailer.

In its defense, it's easy to cut together a trailer and make it look awesome (Spidey 3), but the prologue proves that in those few minutes of actual feature footage that this movie is going to be great.

prologue was killer way killer. the trailer after it was awesome cause u got to see parts of the film and how it was show, especially on the imax. but man the prologue in imax put u right in the bank and ****. it was shot amazingly and it played out without a doubt perfectly.

PROLOGUE! So awesome.

I hope WB may launch The IMAX Prologue on the web or put it on Justice League: The New Frontier's DVD like a bonus feature. Of course, putting the TRAILER too.

I picked the trailer, mainly because it showed more. The prologue was cool and I just got back from seeing it for the second time. First time was last night but my gf and I left and got a refund to see I Am Legend today since theire were people that wouldn't stop talking sitting behind us. Prologue had me pumped but I felt trailer was better since it had more Joker dialogue.

Now I can't wait to see it in Hi-res.

Loved prologue, the whole sequence was amazing. But I still prefer trailer as it had more great scenes and quotes than the preview.

I found the prologue... Anyone who wants it hit me up.... I'll send you a pm...

Not all that impressed with the prologue. Something felt...off. Maybe it was the editing.

I loved every second of the prologue. It was so incredibly intense and reached a staggering end with the Joker revealing himself. It was so raw and gritty; definitely what I expected. I can't wait for the film. Nolan is a genius.

The trailer was more awesome however. Just because it showed some of the Joker's best moments and well...tons of atmosphere and explosions.

Yeah, me too, if we're talking about the link for the leaked trailer. Please?

while the prologue leaves u gasping, trailer leaves u almost sh**ing on yourelf from excitement. Explosions, and the AWESOME moment when batman swings around the joker on his bike at the end...omg amazeing lol

trailer is better

I said the trailer. It got me pumped to see the whole movie. The prologue was cool cause you saw the whole bank scene but I liked the trailer. Anyway I'm still really pumped to see the film!!

while the prologue leaves u gasping, trailer leaves u almost sh**ing on yourelf from excitement. Explosions, and the AWESOME moment when batman swings around the joker on his bike at the end...omg amazeing lol

trailer is better

And it has the best ending to a trailer ever. "Let's put a smile on that face! hahahahaha" with Batman Begins' triumphant theme playing. :woot:

Both.
The trailer because of the Joker, the prologue because of the whole robbery plan, the direction, camera work etc etc.
Really really can't decide.

Now that I have seen both. I'm voting for the trailer. The prologue isn't what I expected, but don't get me wrong, it was a solid way for introducing the Joker. The trailer was just amazing, and blew me out of me seat.

The best part of the prologue:

"What happened to the rest of the guys?" *GUNSHOT*

I think it was utterly hilarious the way The Joker so nonchalantly shoots that bus driver. Pure Joker.

No offense but I think that this thread is a little pointless. I mean, the proloogue is the first 6 minutes of the film and the trailer is a collection of shots and scenes. Two completely different things. Not really sure if you can compare them. The prologue is amazing and so is the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"