Age of Extinction Transformers 4 Box Office Prediction Thread (domestic)

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Is it going to be the biggest TF movie ever, drop like Pirates of the Caribbean 4, or coast to 350 m?

I think it'll do well, but drop from TF3. Getting Wahlberg was big, he's a legit star these days and gives it credibility. Men though aren't going to turn up for Peltz like they did for Fox.

OS it'll probably surpass that latter just due to expanding 3D screens and filming so much in China.

Less than Dark of the Moon. I still give it 1 billion though.

Your poll is weird though so I won't be casting a vote on it.

I think it will make around the same as DOTM, maybe more. So 350+.

Internationally it's only getting stronger.
domestically reboots loose a step. However this seems more like a stronger cast loose sequel with no director swap and a bigger star than shia and a more reasonable , which just screams success all around.

I see IM3 money.

300mill domestic it will take a step down

Gonna say in between 320-350m now, looking at how everything else has performed this summer.

Last edited:
Gonna go with $250-300M for now. Whatever it opens to I see a multiplier to around 2.4-2.5 considering how this summer has gone. However, it has nothing to compete with until Apes plus holiday boost.

Tracking for opening weekend is in the 90's.

If that happens then I don't see it crossing 250 m domestic.

It could still hit 1 billion worldwide thanks to Asia though.

But this is looking like another Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

Domestic, I don't know, maybe less than $300 million. With How 2 Train Your Dragon not exceeding expectations, I don't see how this one couldn't be the highest grossing film of the summmer.

Worldwide, I think a billion is a lock.

would be the first summer in a while to not have a film land over 300/1billion.

How can they already know how much money it will make next weekend? And how did they know it weeks ago?

How is talk of this in the USA? Are people still talking about how much they love it? Anyone mentioned if they're tired of "more of the same" or if they're super excited?

How is talk of this in the USA? Are people still talking about how much they love it? Anyone mentioned if they're tired of "more of the same" or if they're super excited?

Everyone I know is pretty stoked for it cause of the Dinobots.

What ever is being said by various and different people, it's probably the same deal as was said last time.

Everyone I know is pretty stoked for it cause of the Dinobots.

Do they have a similar reaction to superhero films or just to certain films like Transformers?

It's getting pretty good buzz.

Do they have a similar reaction to superhero films or just to certain films like Transformers?

With people I know, the reaction is usually mixed afterwords. But everyone is always down for another. From what I can tell, they are always excited for Transformer flicks because it's a name we all grew up along with a Prime that has stayed the same. The trailers are top notch with awesome visuals you won't see anywhere else. Also Wahlberg seems to be giving this more credibility. Everyone I know really likes him.

As far as Superhero/blockbuster franchises I think Batman, Fast And Furious and The MCU films tend to get the most hype from my friends and fam. Transformers is up there though. Just doesn't have the positive rep overall the others do.

Last edited:
OW: 97mil
Domestic Total: 240mil
International Total: 845mil

Nothing has truly broken out domestically so my prediction has been lowered by about 60million. The critics love this year but the domestic audience don't care about these films as much. It's not like nobody saw this coming because many people thought this summer looked weak on paper.

OW: 97mil
Domestic Total: 240mil
International Total: 845mil

Nothing has truly broken out domestically so my prediction has been lowered by about 60million. The critics love this year but the domestic audience don't care about these films as much. It's not like nobody saw this coming because many people thought this summer looked weak on paper.

The may films were all destined to do as they did, Xmen as a brand alone, isn't exactly a domestic dodge charger, neither is it's producer. Godzilla is self explanatory(reserved approach to action and monster wrestling at that with even less interesting humans than even TF imo, mixed in with how godzilla traditionally performs). ASM is in franchise recession and it's doing some odd things domestically given where it used to be prior to the reboot, plus it's doing things now that the audience clearly doesn't like...Cap and Meleficent...
Dragon is hard to explain, maybe it's hard to do the slow start thing mid summer.
The Tom Cruise movie is a Tom Cruise movie.

Just saying, using how these other films have been doing isn't really doing to tell us anything imo. TF is pretty different. What's more, sometimes it when things have been disappointing that a film really get's to capture the audience. Early summers have been doing that for a while now.

Still, of all TF films to under perform, it would be this one. Same goes for the opposite as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"