Transformers RPG Season I Sign up/OOC Thread

Could it be Shockwave who discovers Earth? Seems somewhat more in-character for him, as he ever tried to solve the energy problem...
Mmhh... Well, Starscream was a scientist, so I figured he'd be out amongst the stars. Once Megs realizes he needs power, he'd call the guy already out in space to find a suitable planet. I could figure Shockwave finding it. Its good to get this stuff situated now. What are your plans for him BTW? He staying on Cybertron like in the show? And if so, what will he be doing?

Hot Rod's vehicle mode complete with flames!

Untitled-1-9.jpg

Special thanks to Spideyssuperfan for makin it for me. :sym:

Awsome. We have a huge cast now. I'm loving this.

Mmhh... Well, Starscream was a scientist, so I figured he'd be out amongst the stars. Once Megs realizes he needs power, he'd call the guy already out in space to find a suitable planet. I could figure Shockwave finding it. Its good to get this stuff situated now. What are your plans for him BTW? He staying on Cybertron like in the show? And if so, what will he be doing?

I figure he'll come to Earth after the Star Bridge is built, but until then he'll be waging the war on Cybertron and finally unifying it whilst on Earth Megatron finds himself stymied time and again by the Autobots. Megatron's failure and Shockwave's success leads the scientist to come to the only logical conclusion: he must become the new leader of the Decepticons.

I'm planning on playing him a bit more closely to the comics than the show. In the comics, he's this cold, calculating type who plans on leading the Decepticons away from Megatron because it's the logical thing to do. Makes sense, since Megatron can't seem to ever beat the Autobots on Earth.

I figure he'll come to Earth after the Star Bridge is built, but until then he'll be waging the war on Cybertron and finally unifying it whilst on Earth Megatron finds himself stymied time and again by the Autobots. Megatron's failure and Shockwave's success leads the scientist to come to the only logical conclusion: he must become the new leader of the Decepticons.

I'm planning on playing him a bit more closely to the comics than the show. In the comics, he's this cold, calculating type who plans on leading the Decepticons away from Megatron because it's the logical thing to do. Makes sense, since Megatron can't seem to ever beat the Autobots on Earth.
Interesting. He's loyal to Megs in the show. Cool. Ok then. Now for finding the planet, if you find it what if Starscream checks it out because he is in the galaxy? Shockwave tells Starscream to do reconisance, he reports energy, Shockwave tells Megs, then they go to earth. How's that?

This is gonna be cool I think. already really looking forward to it.

I know I am getting my guys Cybertron stories ready. Everyone else see if you can team up or something with other members of your team for the Cybertron part.

Interesting. He's loyal to Megs in the show. Cool. Ok then. Now for finding the planet, if you find it what if Starscream checks it out because he is in the galaxy? Shockwave tells Starscream to do reconisance, he reports energy, Shockwave tells Megs, then they go to earth. How's that?

Works for me.

My first post will be Grimlock's. The second one, and the conclusion to the first, will be Soundwave's.

Well, we should probably slightly discuss what we want to do with our characters, so we can team up properly.

Ok. I'll do my soundwave arc while I wait for Megatron to start loosing reserves. When Megs tells you to find a new planet, call me up and I'll start my Starscream stuff.

Ok. I'll do my soundwave arc while I wait for Megatron to start loosing reserves. When Megs tells you to find a new planet, call me up and I'll start my Starscream stuff.

"You fool! Who says I need reserves!!!!"

Yeah theres some fairly obvious team ups but there's a couple of us who are kinda odd man out like Hound and Grimlock. The chars they hung out with the most aren't really on. So we probably should do some talking amongst ourselves before we really get this rolling full force.

I could see Grimlock and Ultra Magnus teaming up for the obvious reasons of heavy destruction and willingness to terminate enemies, like a heavy strike team.

Yeah i can certainly see that I don't want to be on the receiving end of it but I wouldn't mind having a bowl of popcorn and watching the carnage ensue. :woot:

If you want your plots to be secret, pm the person you want to team-up with. The Autobots can pretty much all hang together with Prime.

Grimlock and the other Dinobots are pretty much their own faction on Cybertron. They leave the Decepticons not to join the Autobots, but to fight all comers. Remember, until Prime saved his life, Grimlock was basically the Autobot Starscream. He and the other Dinobots are concerned with strength for strength's sake, and will stow away on the Ark because that's the only wa they can get to Earth, where all of the strongest Transformers are going.

If I can, I'd like to reserve Spike. (I'llhave an app up tomorrow.) Afterall, we really should have the Autobots biggest ally in this game.

My plans for Cyberton, pretty much. Megs will be finding out about the Autobot's plans and assembling his team. With Bonecrusher, well he's the Decepticon's demolition expert...so blow up some **** and run.

My plans for Cyberton, pretty much. Megs will be finding out about the Autobot's plans and assembling his team. With Bonecrusher, well he's the Decepticon's demolition expert...so blow up some **** and run.
Soundwave will already be under your command BTW.

Official Transformers RPG Application

Charcter you plan on playing?: Megatron

Type of Vehicle?: F-117 Nighthawk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-117_Nighthawk

Team affiliation?: Decepticon Leader

Any important previous Cybertron details or stories for your character?:

Megatron lead a Decepticon revolt on Cybertron. He nows leads a small band of Decepticons to the deep reaches of space, towards the small planet know as Earth. His target: Optimus Prime and the artifact he carries with him.

Three Reasons you choose this character?:
1. He's EVIL!!! and I mean Evil.

2. I get to be the big baddie

3. I've never played a big baddie.

What can you bring to this RPG and your character?: Megatron and...EVIL!!!

What font will your character speak in?: "Comic Sans MS and bolded"

Any attached NPCs?: Nope

You know how to post pics and do html or BB codes here?:

868550xmegatron2dg7.jpg
Was Megs ever an Earth jet before? I know he's been a gun, a tank, a cannon, and a Cybertronian jet before. Did I miss one?

Was Megs ever an Earth jet before? I know he's been a gun, a tank, a cannon, and a Cybertronian jet before. Did I miss one?
I don't think he was an earth jet, but the rules stated you can be any vehicle as long as your character has been that type before. Cybertronian jet is a plane, and through that wormhole he can get earth planes too. Gotta love loopholes.

He was a jet in some of the off shoot stuff that didn't last very long and I think in one of the Japanese series that we never got over here but i'm not sure on it.

Wikipedia said:
Machine Wars Megatron (1997)
Originally proposed for release during the Generation 2 line, this unusual incarnation of Megatron was eventually made available through the small KB Toys exclusive Transformers toy line, Machine Wars. Megatron was now a teal and gray basic-size jet, and although the lack of any supporting fiction for the line makes its place in continuity hard to define. In all other regards, this Megatron seemed very much to be the Megatron of old. Taking the skies in disguise, Megatron's new body is composed of stealth deflector shields for invisible attacks, and can attain speeds of 600 mph via twin turbo thrusters. An actual F-22 Raptor is 1890 cm long, while this toy is 12 cm long. This gives him a scale of 1:157. With a robot height of 10 cm this means Megatron would stand 51.7 feet tall.
This figure was also redecoed within the Machine Wars line itself, simply swapping the teal and grey around, and released as Megaplex, a clone of Megatron designed to serve as a decoy for the Decepticon leader in battle. Megaplex also later inspired the above-mentioned redeco of the original G1 Megatron toy in 2003. Claimed to be one of numerous dopplegangers created to dupe the Autobots and protect Megatron against Decepticon traitors, Megaplex has the same abilities as Megatron, although they are restricted by a failsafe device.
This toy was redecoed several times: into Thrust' for Beast Wars II in 1998, Wind Sheer for Robots in Disguise in 2001, and Air Hunter for Transformers: Robot Masters in 2004.
There ya go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"