Transformers RPG Season I Sign up/OOC Thread

So we can use the toys they might have been as well, despite the fact there's zero story supporting them? Awesome. That gives me TONS of ideas.

So we can use the toys they might have been as well, despite the fact there's zero story supporting them? Awesome. That gives me TONS of ideas.
Keep in mind the mods still gotta approve it. :cwink:

I'm going around to to all the RPGs with this notice:

My computer may or may not be down for the count. If you see a drop in my posting, it's because I have to go on my father's laptop. Hopefully this situation will be resolved quickly because I hate to fall behind.

:csad:

Well, resolve it by Monday and it'll be fine.

I don't think he was an earth jet, but the rules stated you can be any vehicle as long as your character has been that type before. Cybertronian jet is a plane, and through that wormhole he can get earth planes too. Gotta love loopholes.
I have no problem with Megatron being an Earth aircraft (I just thought that I was forgetting some version of him), but now that you've brought that loophole to attention, in my opinion it should be fixed.

I mean, Bumblebee was a sort of hover car in G1 before coming to Earth, so does that mean that he can be a hovercraft on Earth in the game?

I have no problem with Megatron being an Earth aircraft (I just thought that I was forgetting some version of him), but now that you've brought that loophole to attention, in my opinion it should be fixed.

I mean, Bumblebee was a sort of hover car in G1 before coming to Earth, so does that mean that he can be a hovercraft on Earth in the game?
Don't forget Spike, us GMs got to approve it. :cwink:

Is that a yes or a no to the loophole being fixed? :huh:

The "fix" of the loophole is the GM's moderation abilities. We have to rely on them for fair and unbaised judgements.

So it doesn't matter what flaws an application may have? :confused:

So it doesn't matter what flaws an application may have? :confused:
Basically, if someone stretches something too far, I'll not approve it. Byrd being a earth jet was done before, and even if it wasn't I saw no harm. If someone took Optimus and made him a delivery truck cause you could classify tractor trailers as delivery trucks...well...I may just kill him. :ninja:

I'm not sure why an application is even necessary in that case, if the specifics don't matter. :dry:

Basically, if someone stretches something too far, I'll not approve it. Byrd being a earth jet was done before, and even if it wasn't I saw no harm. If someone took Optimus and made him a delivery truck cause you could classify tractor trailers as delivery trucks...well...I may just kill him. :ninja:

I'm not sure why an application is even necessary in that case, if the specifics don't matter. :dry:
Questioned answered. I am not going to be loose with the rule, and if you have a suggestion, I'll add it to the app.

Isn't that a complete doublestandard, reducing the vehicles that our characters take on into just a matter of personal taste, rather than being accurate to a particular version of them?

Questioned answered. I am not going to be loose with the rule, and if you have a suggestion, I'll add it to the app.
But you are being loose with the rule. That's exactly what I'm suggesting be addressed. :huh:

Isn't that a complete doublestandard, reducing the vehicles that our characters take on into just a matter of personal taste, rather than being accurate to a particular version of them?

I think the Optimus thing was a joke.

Cybertronian jet, earth jet. If he wants to down grade his choice. Honestly though I did know Megs was an earth plane at one point. But this is a good learning experiance. Want to make a rule that different plent's vehicles can't be changed Just in case?

Fine, you have my word that from here on out, I'll be strict with the rule. I already enforced it (kind of) with Ironhide.

However my fellow GMs wish to approach it is their business.

Check everyone I approved, Spike. I wasn't loose. I don't plan on it either. Love TF. Last thing is I want is for it to fail.

Ok, I hardly think this is going to fail just because Megatron is an Earth jet. Besides, it's byrd. We know who he is, and we can trust him.

If it was a complete newb, I'd be a little worried.

Nobody's tried changing something as "radical" as Megatron from a possible jet with large destructive abilities to a relatively slow and weak jet as a Nighthawk I think would be the primary concern.

It's not simply a downgrade, it'd be more like an uncharacteristic downgrade.

A B-2 Spirit would be more Megatron's speed. It's bigger, stronger, capable of faster speeds.

But then again, we get to play our characters as we want, so it's not truly uncharacteristic.

I think he's more afraid of what MIGHT happen, rather than what HAS happened.

Ok, I hardly think this is going to fail just because Megatron is an Earth jet. Besides, it's byrd. We know who he is, and we can trust him.

If it was a complete newb, I'd be a little worried.
I wouldn't let a noob pic Megs or Prime up. You really think I'd do that? :huh:

I think the Optimus thing was a joke.
Which is why it wasn't the part I bolded. ;)
Syn (Mercenary) said:
Cybertronian jet, earth jet. If he wants to down grade his choice. Honestly though I did know Megs was an earth plane at one point. But this is a good learning experiance. Want to make a rule that different plent's vehicles can't be changed Just in case?
Well, it's your call on what you guys do or don't do. Personally, I don't plan on making Jazz into a hovercraft or anything like that just because I technically can without violating any rules. I'm simply saying that leaving that loophole open is just asking for trouble in the future.

Wow, a lot of misinterpretation of what I actually said went on while I was typing that last post. Gotta remember that for next time.

EDIT: Okay, just on a couple point, so not exactly "a lot." Drink less coffee, kids. :up:

Which is why it wasn't the part I bolded. ;)Well, it's your call on what you guys do or don't do. Personally, I don't plan on making Jazz into a hovercraft or anything like that just because I technically can without violating any rules. I'm simply saying that leaving that loophole open is just asking for trouble in the future.
Well, I'll change it now to "same alien type." Also, I wasn't being loose with the rules this time either. This was just a good mistake type thing we fell upon so we can prevent future disaster. And us GMs will be strict. EBJ, since you know the least bout TF out of the GMs, if you are iffy, let me or 9x take care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"