Two Heroes Cut From JLA?

A Justice League movie, without Batman and Superman will not work. Seriously, whats the point if you are not going to have the heaviest hitters in it? IT would only work if GL, Flash, WW had solo movies before than a JL without Bats/Sups might work.

It could work story wise, but the selling point would take a huge it, something the WB can't stand. The Avengers movie would be better, since there introducing the characters 1st, than having a movie altogether. Its just characters thrown together with the public knowing nothing about...

Having no Bats/Sups its like the baseball steroid era with no Bonds or Clemens, they're others out there, just no one would cares.

FaT_tONle,

Look, i wanted this Justice League movie more than a decade now. Do you really think i care if it comes out 2009, 2010 or 2011? Well, i don't! But the thing is, this year we came as close to this movie getting made as we never where before. And if they will let it go, i think we'll be at the same stage we were before, the same stage the Superman Franchise was for nearly 20 years, the "mabe there will eventually be a Justice League movie within the next two decades or so" stage. And to me, that would be a HUGE disappointment. I mean, i was fine with it before... but after coming THAT close, it would be REALLY bitter. Honestly, everyone seems to be all happy with the possibility that this might get scrapped cause you're all absolutely certain that it would mean we will get another Justice League movie within the next fife years ... but it's not. And even if they'd try again 2012, nighter would it be more likely that they'd do the movie the way people think it should be done nor would it be sure that they even reach the production state. And then what? Wait another fife years? If you want to wait twentie years for the perfect Justice League movie, you can still do that after a crappy one. But if you want the movie cancelled every time they try and it isn't exactly the way you imagine it, you'll never get one. There's aways the possibility that a movie sucks, but no matter what you think, you don't know that before. And before i renounce to it completely, just because i fear that the movie could be done in the wrong way, i'll rather take the risk...

A Justice League movie, without Batman and Superman will not work. Seriously, whats the point if you are not going to have the heaviest hitters in it? IT would only work if GL, Flash, WW had solo movies before than a JL without Bats/Sups might work.

It could work story wise, but the selling point would take a huge it, something the WB can't stand. The Avengers movie would be better, since there introducing the characters 1st, than having a movie altogether. Its just characters thrown together with the public knowing nothing about...

Having no Bats/Sups its like the baseball steroid era with no Bonds or Clemens, they're others out there, just no one would cares.

Would they be able to use only one?

That way they could bring in their fanbases yet still allow more screen time for the other Leaguers.

Both of them at once could seriously take over most of the film by themselves.

FaT_tONle,

Look, i wanted this Justice League movie more than a decade now. Do you really think i care if it comes out 2009, 2010 or 2011? Well, i don't! But the thing is, this year we came as close to this movie getting made as we never where before. And if they will let it go, i think we'll be at the same stage we were before, the same stage the Superman Franchise was for nearly 20 years, the "mabe there will eventually be a Justice League movie within the next two decades or so" stage. And to me, that would be a HUGE disappointment. I mean, i was fine with it before... but after coming THAT close, it would be REALLY bitter. Honestly, everyone seems to be all happy with the possibility that this might get scrapped cause you're all absolutely certain that it would mean we will get another Justice League movie within the next fife years ... but it's not. And even if they'd try again 2012, nighter would it be more likely that they'd do the movie the way people think it should be done nor would it be sure that they even reach the production state. And then what? Wait another fife years? If you want to wait twentie years for the perfect Justice League movie, you can still do that after a crappy one. But if you want the movie cancelled every time they try and it isn't exactly the way you imagine it, you'll never get one. There's aways the possibility that a movie sucks, but no matter what you think, you don't know that before. And before i renounce to it completely, just because i fear that the movie could be done in the wrong way, i'll rather take the risk...

Bravo

Would they be able to use only one?

That way they could bring in their fanbases yet still allow more screen time for the other Leaguers.

Both of them at once could seriously take over most of the film by themselves.

One of Bats or Sups? Sure thats a lot better than none.

This movie does not need Bats/Sups to taker over. They need them in it to bring people to watch this movie in the 1st place. Bats/Sups could could have a very few scenes, OK, but those scenes we will certainly see in the trailer as a selling point.

One of Bats or Sups? Sure thats a lot better than none.

This movie does not need Bats/Sups to taker over. They need them in it to bring people to watch this movie in the 1st place. Bats/Sups could could have a very few scenes, OK, but those scenes we will certainly see in the trailer as a selling point.

I know the two bring in the audiences. That's also the reason why they could hog the screen. They could overshadow the others easily due to their popularity.

I'm not saying they couldn't have them in smaller roles. I'd be cool with that.

FaT_tONle,

You think I am applauding this current direction? What was my first post when this thing was first reported... "TOTAL BULL SH:T" (Oh and I hate this direction btw).... but you know... I spun it in a way in which I saw that these rumors may actually offer some improvements as did other people... of course it will never be perfect... I speculate just like everyone else... I am throwing out possibilities and everyone treats it as I am saying its fact... I did make that direct remark to (about not happening in 09) you b/c I was sort of calling you out for your previous statements. There is a bigger picture here. What I clearly said was... for this to be done right... they'd need to do a MOS with the "Death of Superman arc"... AND they'd probably have to do a JLA tie in with Batman in BB3... do I think any of those two things are likely? No... it would take a miracle to make everything perfectly connected like that... but that said... they could make some connections if they pulled it back. SR2 would be a start. This report possibly gives WB more time to make that happen. That's why I am happy about the news... and I think that will help improve a possible JLA project albeit a little bit in the future. If we need to wait a few years to make that subtle improvement then so be it... better than something worse that comes out sooner.

I know the two bring in the audiences. That's also the reason why they could hog the screen. They could overshadow the others easily due to their popularity.

I'm not saying they couldn't have them in smaller roles. I'd be cool with that.

We've heard that Flash steals this movie. I can agree with 2 of them supposedly in it. Heck Sups could even be considered a villian fighting both Bats/WW.

All Im saying is have Bats/Sups in most of the trailers as selling points, but in the movie have all of them equally have the same screen time....

We've heard that Flash steals this movie.

Now you mention it that makes sense. With Brody playing Wally he could be the team's rookie member. Kinda like Kyle Rayner in Morisson's JLA. Excellent POV character there.

I can agree with 2 of them supposedly in it. Heck Sups could even be considered a villian fighting both Bats/WW.

Hadn't thought of that. You're right.

All Im saying is have Bats/Sups in most of the trailers as selling points, but in the movie have all of them equally have the same screen time....

Definitely agreed.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/852/852171p1.html

Start date said to be pushed until 2010.
by Stax

US, February 14, 2008 - Now that the writers' strike is over, the delayed Justice League of America movie could find a new lease on life, but it will reportedly be a far different project if and when it finally does reach the big screen.

According to Moviehole.net, the film will now be "about Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and others of the Justice League of America, an organization made up of the world's greatest superheroes must deal with the expulsion of Batman and the death of Superman at the hands of the monstrous Doomsday."

So no Batman or Superman? That appears likely to solve Warner Bros.' dilemma about possibly confusing audiences with dueling franchises, and explains the script revisions that necessitated postponing JLA until post-strike.

Moviehole also points out an article in Australia's Herald-Sun newspaper that claims JLA will now begin filming in 2010 rather than 2008. Much of the cast is said to have booked other jobs for this year, which makes them unavailable to shoot JLA.

Thats interesting however....I don't think it's a good idea to exclude Superman. They should bring in Routh.

I also think it would be a good idea to have Batman be in the film in a cameo toward the end. Maybe even use him as a mystery character who monitoring the JL activities and he is revealed to be Batman in the end. Or maybe even helps out the JL in the end as well. I'm sure Bale would be up for a cameo if Batman is used properly.

You think I am applauding this current direction? What was my first post when this thing was first reported... "TOTAL BULL SH:T" (Oh and I hate this direction btw).... but you know... I spun it in a way in which I saw that these rumors may actually offer some improvements as did other people... of course it will never be perfect... I speculate just like everyone else... I am throwing out possibilities and everyone treats it as I am saying its fact... I did make that direct remark to (about not happening in 09) you b/c I was sort of calling you out for your previous statements. There is a bigger picture here. What I clearly said was... for this to be done right... they'd need to do a MOS with the "Death of Superman arc"... AND they'd probably have to do a JLA tie in with Batman in BB3... do I think any of those two things are likely? No... it would take a miracle to make everything perfectly connected like that... but that said... they could make some connections if they pulled it back. SR2 would be a start. This report possibly gives WB more time to make that happen. That's why I am happy about the news... and I think that will help improve a possible JLA project albeit a little bit in the future. If we need to wait a few years to make that subtle improvement then so be it... better than something worse that comes out sooner.
Okay, if i'm getting you right, you're saying that you're willing to give up the current JLA project, that's in a pretty far pre-production state, for the possibility that they tie it to Batman Begins and Superman Returns and maybe try again in like fife years? Let's assume it both happens (which i think is pretty unlikely) what does that bring us? Does a Justice League movie, that's tied to the solo Superman and Batman flicks assure us better quality? And does a JL flick that's not neccessarly have to be qualitatively worse? I don't think so!

Okay, if i'm getting you right, you're saying that you're willing to give up the current JLA project, that's in a pretty far pre-production state, for the possibility that they tie it to Batman Begins and Superman Returns and maybe try again in like fife years? Let's assume it both happens (which i think is pretty unlikely) what does that bring us? Does a Justice League movie, that's tied to the solo Superman and Batman flicks assure us better quality? And does a JL flick that's not neccessarly have to be qualitatively worse? I don't think so!

Yes... that brings us to the possibility that they establish ONE DC universe... one continuity... that is a HUGE deal... especially with a character like Superman... you can't just write in that Superman died and is no more without showing that in a film first... yes MOS would have ZERO impact on the quality of a justice league movie... but it can serve as an important backdrop... then you can at least explain why Superman is absent... plus a Death of Superman movie would definitely make as much money if not more than a JLA right now if it was done right with the current SR cast. But I still believe Supes has to be in a JLA for it to be remotely successful... so you can't really kill Superman. If they ditched MOS and went for JLA in 2010/11 that's fine, but then I got a problem with Batman's role...

As I said... I simply can not and will not support two different continuities running at the same exact time from the same studio no less... which brings us back to the argument from day one... no I am not going to accept a 25 year old actor playing Batman in JLA when Bruce Wayne was supposedly in training at that age in a concurrent ongoing continuity of films... that's the difference between me and you... some people don't think its a problem... but a lot of other people do. To solve this problem I proposed the two time frames above, both of which solve the continuity problem, and are quite feasible I might add as long as the studio is keeping the budget close to 200 million for SR2 and 220-230 million for JLA if not less... I just think the one continuity will bring together a wider range of audiences and hence be A LOT more successful when it come time for JLA... and of course we can debate that as well if you want to.

Those who are saying this film won't sell without Bats and Supes to a General Audience that doesnt know the other characters...

The general audience doesnt know Iron Man either but just wait and watch how great that movie will do.

Yes... that brings us to the possibility that they establish ONE DC universe... one continuity... that is a HUGE deal... especially with a character like Superman... you can't just write in that Superman died and is no more without showing that in a film first... yes MOS would have ZERO impact on the quality of a justice league movie... but it can serve as an important backdrop... then you can at least explain why Superman is absent... plus a Death of Superman movie would definitely make as much money if not more that JLA right now if it was done right with the current SR cast. But I still believe Supes has to be in a JLA for it to be remotely successful... so you can't really kill Superman. If they ditched MOS and went for JLA in 2010/11 that's fine, but then I got a problem with Batman's role...

As I said... I simply can not and will not support two different continuities running at the same exact time from the same studio no less... which brings us back to the argument from day one... no I am not going to accept a 25 year old actor playing Batman in JLA when Bruce Wayne was supposedly in training at that age in a concurrent ongoing continuity of films... that's the difference between me and you... some people don't think its a problem... but a lot of other people do. To solve this problem I proposed the two time frames above, both of which solve the continuity problem, and are quite feasible I might add as long as the studio is keeping the budget around close to 200 million for SR2 and 220-230 million for JLA if not less... which they probably would have done anyways. I just think the one continuity will bring together a wider range of audiences and hence be A LOT more successful when it come time for JLA... and of course we can debate that as well if you want to.

I agree....I think having two different movie continuities of major DC characters within a year or two apart of each film....is idiotic.

If anything I think WB's should tie in the MOS to the JLA film....

Leave Nolans Batman universe away from any tie in to JLA if necessary. Unless they want to do the Talia coming back for revenge thing....but that would only make sense if Bale is Batman in JLA.

Wait, wait, wait wait.

I am confused. Who is saying that Superman and Batman have been "cut from JLA"? Now that I am looking closer at this, who is coming to that conclusion?

Batman was always going to get kicked out of the league according to earlier drafts due to his creation of "Brother Eye" and what it eventually instigates. Superman was going to battle with Wonder Woman and Batman, and now reports he is going to fight Doomsday and get killed, utilizing the Death of Superman story arc from the comics. I still don't see where it says that Superman and Batman are being cut from JLA?

If Variety, HolRep, or to a lesser extent IESB doesn't report it, I won't believe it. Mainly because so far, everyone else has been wrong, cept for those 3 sites...Thats what people do. But this and the rest of news concerning this project should be taken as a grain of salt until someone with credibility says otherwise....

I don't blame you. That is basically how I approach it.

I believe that the Death of Superman arc could very well be included in some draft of the JLA script but I don't understand where the talk of them not being included came from? I still can't find that link anywhere?

If anything I think WB's should tie in the MOS to the JLA film....

Leave Nolans Batman universe away from any tie in to JLA if necessary. Unless they want to do the Talia coming back for revenge thing....but that would only make sense if Bale is Batman in JLA.

I agree. JL can survive without Batman, but not without Superman, imo.

I like the idea of Batman joining the team in the sequel, if it happens.

Wait, wait, wait wait.

I am confused. Who is saying that Superman and Batman have been "cut from JLA"? Now that I am looking closer at this, who is coming to that conclusion?

Batman was always going to get kicked out of the league according to earlier drafts due to his creation of "Brother Eye" and what it eventually instigates. Superman was going to battle with Wonder Woman and Batman, and now reports he is going to fight Doomsday and get killed, utilizing the Death of Superman story arc from the comics. I still don't see where it says that Superman and Batman are being cut from JLA?

http://blockbuster.com.au/Behind/EntertainmentNewsDetail/tabid/84/EntertainmentNewsID/3979/default.aspx

^ A casting agent sent this synopsis, to Blockbuster in Australia.

Also take a look at which actor appears under the headline "Superman Done For?"

Maybe killing Supes off isn't such a bad thing... :D

Regardless, I doubt that synopsis is legit for a number of reasons. The biggest being the writers strike just ended, so there's no way they could have already reworked the script that much.

That is basically the same info I received via email when I reported it before Blockbuster, the problem is, I don't see where it says Batman and Superman are not in the script?

Wait, wait, wait wait.

From moviehole's report... it said that the team is recovering from Superman's death... but if we use common sense... that isn't going to mean Superman dies in the first thirty minutes and Batman gets kicked out... the report kind of implies that those events had already occured... again this report is probably bogus. What they reported probably makes for a better sequel.

I just think the one continuity will bring together a wider range of audiences and hence be A LOT more successful when it come time for JLA... and of course we can debate that as well if you want to.
I think that has been debated more than enough and would bring us to nothing more than the conclusion that we disagree on that point. And you're right, since that's the basic point of this whole debate, it probably wouldn't make any sense to discuss all the other stuff any further...

So let me give a shot at this...

Sups turns bad(OMAC). Fights Bats/WW. Rest of League fights Sups as well, somehow snaps him out of it. Lord is pissed. Sends Doomsday, Doomsday whips out League, except for Sups. Sups, Doomsday supposedly kill each other. League turns to Bats about how Lord got info from them. Bats kicked out League after vote.

Honestly that sounds good to me.

Maybe the funeral scene we heard about wasn't for Barry, but for Sups...

This synopsis has been on IMDB since last year. It's not exactly new.

From moviehole's report... it said that the team is recovering from Superman's death... but if we use common sense... that isn't going to mean Superman dies in the first thirty minutes and Batman gets kicked out... the report kind of implies that those events had already occured... again this report is probably bogus. What they reported probably makes for a better sequel.

It's not really common sense, it's simply an assumption. Wouldn't that lead you to assume that Batman was also expelled before the storyline in this script took place. We know that is not the case because based on all reports and reviews he is expelled during the script itself because of Brother Eye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"