Two Heroes Cut From JLA?

I don't blame you. That is basically how I approach it.

I believe that the Death of Superman arc could very well be included in some draft of the JLA script but I don't understand where the talk of them not being included came from? I still can't find that link anywhere?

I can also see them going with the Death of Superman arc, but leading to his return in the Sequel when the League is getting there butts kicked.

The whole Tower of Babel/OMAC storyline could be out the window for what we know...

Who knows anymore. Way too much crap written about this film.

It's not really common sense, it's simply an assumption. Wouldn't that lead you to assume that Batman was also expelled before the storyline in this script took place. We know that is not the case because based on all reports and reviews he is expelled during the script itself because of Brother Eye?

That might be true... it was simply worded poorly by movie hole... the way they quoted it... it sounded like the ending of the film... not really a synopsis if you ask me.

I can also see them going with the Death of Superman arc, but leading to his return in the Sequel when the League is getting there butts kicked.

The whole Tower of Babel/OMAC storyline could be out the window for what we know...

I think they can intertwine if done correctly. Not sure.

That might be true... it was simply worded poorly by movie hole... the way they quoted it... it sounded like the ending of the film... not really a synopsis if you ask me.

I am not sure Tonie, it's confusing. When I reported it on my blog originally several days ago, I didn't interpret it that way at all. I thought that this is what they would be confronted with in the script itself, but the Death of Superman and the Expulsion of Batman are some pretty big spoilers.

EVen if this was the change that was made... I don't know why they'd push the filming date so far back... I mean unless they have given up completely on 2009 which I don't think they have. It would be better if they waited though.

That is basically the same info I received via email when I reported it before Blockbuster, the problem is, I don't see where it says Batman and Superman are not in the script?

It doesn't. It only says that the League is coping with Batman's expulsion and Superman's death at the hands of Doomsday.

It doesn't. It only says that the League is coping with Batman's expulsion and Superman's death at the hands of Doomsday.

I didn't think so, at least that is not how I am reading it.

So the movie starts with a funeral with Batman watching from a far... and then we are shown how it exactly happened... and the film cuts back to past and present... just a thought... maybe moviehole only got the first page of the draft...

EVen if this was the change that was made... I don't know why they'd push the filming date so far back... I mean unless they have given up completely on 2009 which I don't think they have. It would be better if they waited though.

Honestly, the pushed date back is false. Its 2010 for to release JL or not at all.

If 2010 was the start date, JL will be release in 2011, the same year as Batman 3? Two Bats running around, within a month of each other?

I could have sworn that Superman was watching the funeral form the top of a cathedral with other Justice League members, including Batman.

Honestly, the pushed date back is false. Its 2010 for to release JL or not at all.

If 2010 was the start date, JL will be release in 2011, the same year as Batman 3? Two Bats running around, within a month of each other?

Not guaranteed.... not guaranteed...

Yeah I now Batman 3 is not guaranteed, just assuming that it is...

Hell maybe Batman 3 = JLA

i still don't understand where this new 'plot' came from, just a week after the end of the strike..unless they were writing it unofficially.

Well, who knows when they're going to release Batman 3. Also, if the rumor about WB bringing in different writers for another Superman are true, I'm sure Brainiac and/or Doomsday will be in it. Who knows.:huh: I wish WB would just make a decision already, lol.

Yeah I now Batman 3 is not guaranteed, just assuming that it is...

Hell maybe Batman 3 = JLA

Possibly... I don't see 2010... unless JLA graps the May 20ish release date.... June would suck ass for JLA plus it would be too close to HP7... hey they might do it, who knows... better than a holiday release... it doesn't make sense though to have to big films like that... thats why I think the report likely assumed that if it didn't happen in 09... it would have to wait till at least 2011... although if they wanted a summer 2010 release they could certainly jam it in there.

Perhaps there may be some element of truth to this latest news, we still don't know who was cast as Superman and Bats, maybe the characters never were cast to begin with, just a thought.

This synopsis has been on IMDB since last year. It's not exactly new.
Yeah, i also noted that, when i first read this rumor.

I think what we're discussing on here is nothing more than old news. Concerning the plot as well as the start date. Not that i think this movie will ever happen, but i'm pretty sure what that australien newspaper was reporting on is nothing more than the possibility that the movie could get pushed back one year, which should be nothing new. And that's also what i meant earlier when i said that it seems pretty weird to me, that they're talking about a 2010 star date for FILMING... ;)

Yeah, i also noted that, when i first read this rumor.

I think what we're discussing on here is nothing more than old news. Concerning the plot as well as the start date. Not that i think this movie will ever happen, but i'm pretty sure what that australien newspaper was reporting on is nothing more than the possibility that the movie could get pushed back one year, which should be nothing new. And that's also what i meant earlier when i said that it seems pretty weird to me, that they're talking about a 2010 star date for FILMING... ;)

We'll know more in the next week or so when the trades speak up.

I hope it is true. have Superman and Batman shine on their own films. Let Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc. be the top ones and then in sequels bring in other new heroes.

But not having the top two leaguers bats and superman would be a bad thing to do with all the advertising and all that could be geared to them to get general fans/semi fans wanting to see the film. But as with everything else with this project we dont know what the hell is true and what the hell is false so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Well, who knows when they're going to release Batman 3. Also, if the rumor about WB bringing in different writers for another Superman are true, I'm sure Brainiac and/or Doomsday will be in it. Who knows.:huh: I wish WB would just make a decision already, lol.

Maybe the new writers for MOS have Doomsday kill Supes in the end supposedly and then in the JL film they can show the league trying to cope with his death?

Just thinking out loud here.....

Who really knows we will just have to wait and see what happens with jla and MOS films. I still think jla is more likely to happen first then mos. All reports during the strike/when jla got delayed have said jla is on the front burner of happening once strike is over and mos is on the backburner. Also we should wait to we get more official news reguarding the film there is so much BS as people said floating around. Throughout the whole process of this film is bs this bs that we dont know what the hell is true and what isnt in the film currently.

I still don't understand why people are reading that synopsis and coming to the conclusion that Superman and Batman are NOT in the script.

I think it is a good idea to keep Bats out of it until Nolan is done his trilogy... maybe they should just wait to make JL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"