Apocalypse Tye Sheridan is CYCLOPS - Part 1

Wow... the new Cyclops clip doesn't look good.

It reminds me of his first scene in Origins!

Nice easter egg with Ally Sheedy (80's brat pack alumni) as Scott's teacher in the 80's

Did Tye miss the formal wear memo? lol
His blue carpet interview was really cute though. I like his humor. :)

I think the Cyclops clip is great. You can see the care and attention put into the effect of his beam. This is the kind of detail Singer does really well.

I loved the clip, right down to the overhead projector lol! I've been waiting to see a scene like this one for Cyclops for so long. The beams look amazing, and their mechanics are very comic accurate.

Fantastic clip, really love the continuity with the debris falling from the ceilling, looks great.

Doesn't look good?
It looks fantastic, and it's actually a homage to a cut scene from the original X-Men movie

He has a point though about this scene looking similar to the one in Origins.

CirN34ZUoAIrPAP.jpg

I didn't mind the Cyclops scene so much, and it is very similar to the origin scene for Cyclops that was written but never filmed for the first movie.

I didn't mind the Cyclops scene so much, and it is very similar to the origin scene for Cyclops that was written but never filmed for the first movie.

How was Cyclops in the movie as a whole?

How was Cyclops in the movie as a whole?

On a personal level, I was fine with Sheridan's Cyclops and Turner's Jean. I think they could've been better, but I blame it more on Kinberg's script.

I just feel this franchise is in a corner now with the whole retro era nonsense.

It still really bothers me that Havok is at least 20 years older than Scott and yet they don't even acknowledge it. I'm sure there are plenty of families where brothers are born that far apart, but it's still strange enough where I feel like it should be addressed. It also doesn't help that it's impossible to buy Lucas Till as someone who should be almost 40 years old. This entire problem could be averted by just making Havok Scott's uncle instead, and putting at least a bit of aging on Lucas Till.

My main problem with Cyclops is there's no story behind his powers' manifestation. Like he eyes got itchy and now he's a mutant. Thats it. Like he could have been at the school at the start of the film with Havok and the film would have been the same. He didn't even struggle that much with his powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"