Tyler Hoechlin is Clark Kent/Superman

Is there no Perry White in this show?
I think Perry made a short appearance in the pilot teleplay. :thf: And at one point, there was an alleged casting call for "Perry White" (male, 50s, any ethnicity, etc.). But I'm not aware that anyone was actually hired for the role.

If they took some aspects from Routh's costume and allowed Tyler to grow his hair out.

Hoechline-Superman.png

Screenshot-20200913-211424.jpg

Man what is with live action Supes and them not even allowed to use their hair as it naturally? :funny:

It’s like they go: “you have perfect Superman Hair let’s slick it back”

Last edited:
Well if Cavill were allowed to grow his curly hair out and didn't slick it back, it would look like a clown's wig.

Well if Cavill were allowed to grow his curly hair out and didn't slick it back, it would look like a clown's wig.
True, but if they'd just given him a straight perm like he got for Fallout, instead of trying to flatten his curls with hair gel, his Supes hair would look MUCH better.

True, but if they'd just given him a straight perm like he got for Fallout, instead of trying to flatten his curls with hair gel, his Supes hair would look MUCH better.
It really is annoying, his hair around the time of Fallout was damn near perfect for Superman. They really should stop aggressively slicking back Superman's hair in live action.

FIRaop4.jpg

It's like Christopher McQuarrie was trolling Superman fans. Not only give him Superman hair for that film, but also stick a moustache on him and don't allow him to shave it so that the DCEU have to digitally remove it for Justice League. :p

Tyler does have the best hair for Supes, out of most of the actors who played him (except Dean Cain). It would look 10x better than Routh's in that manip above if he actually did grow it out.

tylerh.jpg

Tyler-at-Comic-Con-2011-for-Teen-Wolf-tyler-hoechlin-24050971-1882-2500.jpg

View attachment 37612

Seeing as how they want to portray an Superman who's in his early 40's, I'm not sure if they'll let Tyler grow out his hair since it'll undoubtedly make him look younger.

Personally, I also think that Tyler would look MUCH better with longer hair (as shown above) while wearing a new suit for the character.

Do we know what the budget on this show will be?

Probably the usual amount that most of the CW-DCTV shows have as well. It'll definitely be bigger than what Smallville's was in its last three seasons (8-10). If I'm not mistaken, their budget was so tight that they had to reuse the same set for most of their exterior Metropolis scenes.

On another note, here are some of my favorite moments featuring Tyler as Superman:

6720196-tumblr_oo9g4uz0ks1qlgbzbo1_500.gif

tumblr_oqfa0tnUcF1usrwq6o2_540.gif

tumblr_oqfa0tnUcF1usrwq6o1_540.gif

tumblr_pis2vmUOQI1wonjtqo1_540.gifv

Last edited:
That shirt rip is one of the most epic ever on film.

I loved when he said that “well, at least he tried” after kicking the crap out of that Daxamite :funny:

I concur on all your picks and I’ll add the following:

5154F70A-65C0-423E-AF15-64B4190697B9.gif
BCF9F396-28AE-4CD5-8032-1DE319719BDC.gif
9CE914AC-15DB-4A7B-9CEB-2A9194BAE4F2.gif

I'm also curious to see if they'll make his new suit nanotech like Kara's where he doesn't have to actually wear the whole thing underneath his regular clothes.

I really hope that the show pushes Tyler's acting chops and allows him to show more layers to the character as well. Up until now, his material has been very limited due to his status as a "special guest star".

If Tyler's Superman is allowed to shine for an majority of his first season, then I feel like he'll get back on the good graces of fans that had lost interest in him for the past few years.

I'm also curious to see if they'll make his new suit nanotech like Kara's where he doesn't have to actually wear the whole thing underneath his regular clothes.

I really hope that the show pushes Tyler's acting chops and allows him to show more layers to the character as well. Up until now, his material has been very limited due to his status as a "special guest star".

If Tyler's Superman is allowed to shine for an majority of his first season, then I feel like he'll get back on the good graces of fans that had lost interest in him for the past few years.

I never even thought about that, tbh it’s not a deal breaker either way but I’m not a fan of the nanotech suits so I’d rather it was just kept more traditional.

I actually think he’s gotten to stretch more than you think, I thought we saw just about every aspect of his Superman & Clark in those first two appearances on Supergirl. From reporter Clark, clumsy Clark, the Superman the people want, the angry Superman and the big brother to Kara. In Elseworlds he got to play a villainous Superman too.

I see it like booking in wrestling, when you book a wrestler in stringer storyoines they’ll shine through more but if you out them in nothing stories then people lose interest. I’m not saying he’s been in nothing stories mind, I really think Elseworlds was a great showing for him but I think he got shafted in Supergirl’s S2 finale and the Crisis event (where I think he should have been a paragon or somehow had Routh switch his paragon entity (or whatever it is) to Tyler to show a passing of the torch). But even in those episodes where he should have maybe had a bit more I still think he had moments where he really shined through, which to me shows how god Tyler is in the role.

Last edited:
I just saw Hoechlin in an old episode of CSI Miami facing the onslaught of David Caruso's wooden acting during an investigation.

I just saw Hoechlin in an old episode of CSI Miami facing the onslaught of David Caruso's wooden acting during an investigation.

I actually burst out laughing when he first appeared onscreen (in a good way, though) - because a subplot of the episode would figure into what is probably Hoechlin's best-known role:

Lycanthropy/werewolves

I actually burst out laughing when he first appeared onscreen (in a good way, though) - because a subplot of the episode would figure into what is probably Hoechlin's best-known role:

Lycanthropy/werewolves

I'm amazed you even remember the episode. I know I've seen it more than once before but had completely forgotten Hoechlin was in it. I didn't even remember the plot. They all blend into one after a while.

There have been a few surprises of the actors you see on that show before they got their big break. Jessica Szohr was in the same episode. Then there was Leighton Meester in an earlier one and Zac Effron in another.

After seeing the new suit I will say this I have more respect for him. It looks like he put in the work and is now looking like a smaller version of Cavill's Superman in MOS. The sad part is for me this show is on the CW & given their track record it just looks or seems like this will be wasted as well. I would've much preferred if he did star in a Superman reboot series on HBO Max. Probably set in The Batman's world. But somethings in the way of that (the CW).

After seeing the new suit I will say this I have more respect for him. It looks like he put in the work and is now looking like a smaller version of Cavill's Superman in MOS. The sad part is for me this show is on the CW & given their track record it just looks or seems like this will be wasted as well. I would've much preferred if he did star in a Superman reboot series on HBO Max. Probably set in The Batman's world. But somethings in the way of that (the CW).

We know and have known for ages it’s on the CW though so there’s no point complaining about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"