Tyler Hoechlin is Clark Kent/Superman

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by flickchick85, Feb 25, 2020.

1. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

It doesn't look like it unless they cast someone.

2. Dr. From parts unknown

I think Perry made a short appearance in the pilot teleplay. :thf: And at one point, there was an alleged casting call for "Perry White" (male, 50s, any ethnicity, etc.). But I'm not aware that anyone was actually hired for the role.

3. herolee10 No More Miracles

If they took some aspects from Routh's costume and allowed Tyler to grow his hair out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. herolee10 No More Miracles

5. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Tyler does have the best hair for Supes, out of most of the actors who played him (except Dean Cain). It would look 10x better than Routh's in that manip above if he actually did grow it out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thtysupes6cd9eeab1a.gif

6. SuperRouth Registered

Man what is with live action Supes and them not even allowed to use their hair as it naturally? :funny:

It’s like they go: “you have perfect Superman Hair let’s slick it back”

#131 SuperRouth, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Lencho01, Fran-el and flickchick85 like this.
  7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well if Cavill were allowed to grow his curly hair out and didn't slick it back, it would look like a clown's wig.

8. Fran-el Registered

Yes !! It would be much better like Superman

flickchick85 likes this.
  9. flickchick85 Admin of Might

True, but if they'd just given him a straight perm like he got for Fallout, instead of trying to flatten his curls with hair gel, his Supes hair would look MUCH better.

Dark Raven and SuperRouth like this.
  10. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

It really is annoying, his hair around the time of Fallout was damn near perfect for Superman. They really should stop aggressively slicking back Superman's hair in live action.

[​IMG]

11. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

It's like Christopher McQuarrie was trolling Superman fans. Not only give him Superman hair for that film, but also stick a moustache on him and don't allow him to shave it so that the DCEU have to digitally remove it for Justice League. :p

12. Astro13Zombie Registered

Do we know what the budget on this show will be?

13. herolee10 No More Miracles

Seeing as how they want to portray an Superman who's in his early 40's, I'm not sure if they'll let Tyler grow out his hair since it'll undoubtedly make him look younger.

Personally, I also think that Tyler would look MUCH better with longer hair (as shown above) while wearing a new suit for the character.

Fran-el and flickchick85 like this.
  14. herolee10 No More Miracles

Probably the usual amount that most of the CW-DCTV shows have as well. It'll definitely be bigger than what Smallville's was in its last three seasons (8-10). If I'm not mistaken, their budget was so tight that they had to reuse the same set for most of their exterior Metropolis scenes.

On another note, here are some of my favorite moments featuring Tyler as Superman:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#139 herolee10, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  15. SuperRouth Registered

That shirt rip is one of the most epic ever on film.

I loved when he said that “well, at least he tried” after kicking the crap out of that Daxamite :funny:

I concur on all your picks and I’ll add the following:

5154F70A-65C0-423E-AF15-64B4190697B9.gif
    BCF9F396-28AE-4CD5-8032-1DE319719BDC.gif
    9CE914AC-15DB-4A7B-9CEB-2A9194BAE4F2.gif

flickchick85 likes this.
  16. herolee10 No More Miracles

I'm also curious to see if they'll make his new suit nanotech like Kara's where he doesn't have to actually wear the whole thing underneath his regular clothes.

I really hope that the show pushes Tyler's acting chops and allows him to show more layers to the character as well. Up until now, his material has been very limited due to his status as a "special guest star".

If Tyler's Superman is allowed to shine for an majority of his first season, then I feel like he'll get back on the good graces of fans that had lost interest in him for the past few years.

17. SuperRouth Registered

I never even thought about that, tbh it’s not a deal breaker either way but I’m not a fan of the nanotech suits so I’d rather it was just kept more traditional.

I actually think he’s gotten to stretch more than you think, I thought we saw just about every aspect of his Superman & Clark in those first two appearances on Supergirl. From reporter Clark, clumsy Clark, the Superman the people want, the angry Superman and the big brother to Kara. In Elseworlds he got to play a villainous Superman too.

I see it like booking in wrestling, when you book a wrestler in stringer storyoines they’ll shine through more but if you out them in nothing stories then people lose interest. I’m not saying he’s been in nothing stories mind, I really think Elseworlds was a great showing for him but I think he got shafted in Supergirl’s S2 finale and the Crisis event (where I think he should have been a paragon or somehow had Routh switch his paragon entity (or whatever it is) to Tyler to show a passing of the torch). But even in those episodes where he should have maybe had a bit more I still think he had moments where he really shined through, which to me shows how god Tyler is in the role.

#142 SuperRouth, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Fran-el likes this.
  18. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I just saw Hoechlin in an old episode of CSI Miami facing the onslaught of David Caruso's wooden acting during an investigation.

19. LL2K2 Maid of Might

I actually burst out laughing when he first appeared onscreen (in a good way, though) - because a subplot of the episode would figure into what is probably Hoechlin's best-known role:

Lycanthropy/werewolves

SuperRouth likes this.
  20. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I'm amazed you even remember the episode. I know I've seen it more than once before but had completely forgotten Hoechlin was in it. I didn't even remember the plot. They all blend into one after a while.

There have been a few surprises of the actors you see on that show before they got their big break. Jessica Szohr was in the same episode. Then there was Leighton Meester in an earlier one and Zac Effron in another.