Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see him come back for the crossover, but no more than that is needed in my opinion.

I definitely agree with the notion that they shouldn't over saturate the show with Superman since this is still a story about Kara as Suipergirl. Ifor anything, I would only save Superman in reserve for Big Events or have him pop up for crossovers.

I definitely agree with the notion that they shouldn't over saturate the show with Superman since this is still a story about Kara as Suipergirl. Ifor anything, I would only save Superman in reserve for Big Events or have him pop up for crossovers.

Thinking the same thing. There is only room for one full time Supes on the show. If his appeal remains high after several appearances, I could see them spinning him off onto his own program, as there is certainly room for two Supes on the CW itself if not on a single show.

Which would be a twist, seeing as Kara has always been a spin-off of Superman! But then they'll have to deal with the multi-verse pickle they've found themselves in. It'll be so much easier if all the shows were on the same world...

And I'm keeping away from SPOILERS now, as I want to have some surprises when it airs. :woot:

I would imagine the chances of another DC show on CW are pretty low right now. They already have Arrow, Flash, iZombie, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl plus Vixen on CW Seed.

None of those shows figure to end any time soon. CW only has 10 hours per week of time for shows. At least 2-3 hours of that has to be CBS programming (all the DC shows are Warner). With five DC shows already and Supernatural seemingly going on forever that gives Warner very little leeway for other new series.

I would imagine the chances of another DC show on CW are pretty low right now. They already have Arrow, Flash, iZombie, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl plus Vixen on CW Seed.

None of those shows figure to end any time soon. CW only has 10 hours per week of time for shows. At least 2-3 hours of that has to be CBS programming (all the DC shows are Warner). With five DC shows already and Supernatural seemingly going on forever that gives Warner very little leeway for other new series.

And Riverdale....

Riverdale is at least Archie Comics, and more in line with the traditional demographic of a CW show (ie, girls and women under 35). But you're right, it's yet another Berlanti/comic book show on the network.

What is with the suit they have him in

latest

Just throwing this out there...

Are we looking at an INFINITE CRISIS?

The thing on Superman is likely [BLACKOUT]absorbs most of the Kryptonite radiation (or maybe enhances Supes ability to absorb solar energy to counter it) so he can fight Metallo[/BLACKOUT].

This confirmed from a BTS interview or what not?

This confirmed from a BTS interview or what not?
Basically, [blackout]there was a BTS pic that shows him facing Metallo with it, so the go-to assumption is that it's a device made to counteract the effect of Metallo's Kryptonite.[/blackout]

Last edited:
Basically, [blackout]there was a BTS pic that shows him facing Metallo with it, so the go-to assumption is that it's a device made to counteract the effect of Metallo's Kryptonite.[/blackout]

We have pics of Metallo? Or are they off limits on the Hype?

From the other thread:

Kelly said:
They will, they won't use Williams, unless it is something within the music to play homage to his theme, but Blake Neely will do a great job with the music like he always does...

I think Neely did...somewhat. In one of the first promos advertising the series premiere (the one with Melissa holding a sign which read 10-26-15, and she lowers it to reveal the "S"), they played a snippet of the music, and I immediately thought of the Williams theme:

http://supergirl.tv/video-supergirl-launch-date

I don't think they're gonna kill him off at all, it's just been done in the movies so I can't see it. I also fail to see what they would actually gain from it, there'd be episodes about how she can't do what her cousin can but then she'll rise up. She's already had that moment in the season obe fi aka when she saved the entire planet.

I think the popularity of the first two episodes will mean Tyler will be back as Superman. Maybe on another show or maybe (hopefully) his own spin off. Heck I'd even take a mini series.

I don't think they're gonna kill him off at all, it's just been done in the movies so I can't see it. I also fail to see what they would actually gain from it, there'd be episodes about how she can't do what her cousin can but then she'll rise up. She's already had that moment in the season obe fi aka when she saved the entire planet.

I think the popularity of the first two episodes will mean Tyler will be back as Superman. Maybe on another show or maybe (hopefully) his own spin off. Heck I'd even take a mini series.

I definitely hope they keep him around (assuming he does a good job), and slowly intro some of his closer supporting characters, would be great to see Ma Kent, Lois, and Lex at some point down the line.

I definitely hope they keep him around (assuming he does a good job), and slowly intro some of his closer supporting characters, would be great to see Ma Kent, Lois, and Lex at some point down the line.

:up:

Totally agreed mate, I'd actually like to see Lois in an episode without Clark so that we could get an episode about her and her sister.

Tell you something else I keep wondering is Lois with Clark in this universe? I wonder if they'll address that.

I kind of hope Lois & Clark are already married in this show. Then we could have Lois guest star every now and then without them needing to get Tyler - because she and Kara are now family as well.

I kind of hope that we get some hints or indication as to how far this version of Superman has comes when it comes to the types of threats and villains that he's already encountered prior to Kara taking up the mantle of being Supergirl.

I kind of hope that we get some hints or indication as to how far this version of Superman has comes when it comes to the types of threats and villains that he's already encountered prior to Kara taking up the mantle of being Supergirl.
Agreed. I like to think he's already at least had epic showdowns with Brainiac and Lex Luthor (especially with Lena Luthor now taking over LexCorp). Maybe not Zod, since he was never mentioned with all the Kryptonians they were dealing with in S1. But I still expect Brainiac 5 to show up on here sooner than later, and when he does, I would like to see Kara initially being quite hostile towards him because of the original Brainiac's history with her cousin.

Agreed. I like to think he's already at least had epic showdowns with Brainiac and Lex Luthor (especially with Lena Luthor now taking over LexCorp). Maybe not Zod, since he was never mentioned with all the Kryptonians they were dealing with in S1. But I still expect Brainiac 5 to show up on here sooner than later, and when he does, I would like to see Kara initially being quite hostile towards him because of the original Brainiac's history with her cousin.

Can't forget about Indigo, either.

That's what I'm hoping for. It would definitely provide a great view in showcasing the differences between Kara and Clark, where Kara is just starting to buildup on her own rogue's gallery whereas Clark has already encountered most of his.

I'd like to think that this version of Superman has already helped save the world from global threats as well.

Maybe for future episodes, I also hope to see flashback sequences that showcase on how Clark developed an strong relationship with Kara while she was growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"