Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

There's a wise old saying/belief that it's better to show and not tell. And would it make sense for Steve Trevor to tell Diana that she isn't Wonder Woman only and they both are if they were married as well? Should a person automatically be entitled to call the fruits of their spouses's labor their own simply because of their marriage? Iris did nothing to deserve being called a Flash or the leader of team Flash in a realistic and natural manner at that point of the series.

You do understand that this happens a lot in divorces, and quite offen, is ruled for. But then again, Iris seems to bring out the worst of the fanbase. For some... odd reason.

You do understand that this happens a lot in divorces, and quite offen, is ruled for. But then again, Iris seems to bring out the worst of the fanbase. For some... odd reason.
Can just see it now - in court... you get to be flash Wednesday’s and weekends.. with alternating holidays..

Since this is the thread where Superman discussion seems localised, look what Alex Ross just posted--

EAa-Q16XUAEXB3v

I'm not a fan of Superman Returns, but I'm actually really excited to see him get another chance at Superman! I kinda hope it's more than a couple of minutes though. If we actually get Tom Welling in this too as Supes, my nerdometer may explode.

And that artwork is glorious as always. Alex Ross always delivers.

I love the suit design ! Hope they take inspiration from this.

Ok, I would like to expose my ideas, I know that it is very unlikely that there is a Superman series and less while this Supergirl has the series, but isn't the crisis the end of the arrow game? Arrow will leave and it may be the beginning of the changes, but if we think Supergirl will go to the movies, it will most likely be over soon. If that happens, I think she needs a successor series, but it still seems very unlikely to be a Superman series (WB does not eat or stop eating). So my idea is that Jon Kent, Superman's son, is the key! If you think they would have the perfect successor series, a character in which they would have total freedom just like the one they had with Supergirl, is a member of the house of EL, it would be an evolving and learning character, if I'm not wrong. the best way to present it would be in crisis that, for some reason, is adolescent and that a superman dies and I bet on Tyler for the emotional blow that is the reason why Jon Kent will decide to stay with Kara to learn from her and honor her father and be able to become a worthy successor until they give him the name of Superboy when Supergirl finishes and is ready to have his series, people would already have the familiar face of opening it in Supergirl.

Since this is the thread where Superman discussion seems localised, look what Alex Ross just posted--

EAa-Q16XUAEXB3v

Wow. That looks amazing. Can't wait to see what they come up with in real life.

Ok, I would like to expose my ideas, I know that it is very unlikely that there is a Superman series and less while this Supergirl has the series, but isn't the crisis the end of the arrow game? Arrow will leave and it may be the beginning of the changes, but if we think Supergirl will go to the movies, it will most likely be over soon. If that happens, I think she needs a successor series, but it still seems very unlikely to be a Superman series (WB does not eat or stop eating). So my idea is that Jon Kent, Superman's son, is the key! If you think they would have the perfect successor series, a character in which they would have total freedom just like the one they had with Supergirl, is a member of the house of EL, it would be an evolving and learning character, if I'm not wrong. the best way to present it would be in crisis that, for some reason, is adolescent and that a superman dies and I bet on Tyler for the emotional blow that is the reason why Jon Kent will decide to stay with Kara to learn from her and honor her father and be able to become a worthy successor until they give him the name of Superboy when Supergirl finishes and is ready to have his series, people would already have the familiar face of opening it in Supergirl.
Not sure of the contracts, but most of what we have heard is 7 year contracts for the leads. And I believe they will have Supergirl on as long as Melissa wants to put the suit on....as was the case with Flash, movie version at the same time does not matter. And Batwoman is replacing Arrow so to speak.

I actually want a superman tv series over a movie now... providing it’s done properly without politics thrown in

I actually want a superman tv series over a movie now... providing it’s done properly without politics thrown in
I've always preferred the character on TV than in movies, so this is always my stance. It would be nice to see him get a proper budget and creative team, though. Now that we're in the "golden age of television," a lot more can be done with him than in the past. I don't expect him to get a GoT/Westworld level budget (though that would be wonderful), but at least what the Marvel Netflix heroes got, which was almost double what CW heroes get per episode. I'd be cool with him getting the same per-season budget as the other CW heroes, or close to it, if it was spread across half the episode count. Shorter season, less filler, more money (for both fx, and creative team). *sigh* If only HBO were interested.

Ever since season 2 of Supergirl I wanted a Superman prequel involving him and Lex. Even if it was just a one season mini series, 6-8 episodes. Just show him taking Lex down.

Now I think it would be best to do it on Argo with the baby and Lois

On Argo? What? He doesn't even have powers there. I think they could do a series for after he RETURNS from Argo, thinking it was time to settle down with the family and retire, only for something to happen that convinces him he's still needed, as in Rebirth. Or I'd love a prequel series as well, I'm not picky.

It could be a deceptive picture, but it looks like Tyler might be gaining some weight back. This was him with his mom a week ago:

9909a08d9ac7a32501d6689064847d1c2b1e49b5.jpg

On Argo? What? He doesn't even have powers there. I think they could do a series for after he RETURNS from Argo, thinking it was time to settle down with the family and retire, only for something to happen that convinces him he's still needed, as in Rebirth. Or I'd love a prequel series as well, I'm not picky.
I meant after Argo, haha, my bad

I actually want a superman tv series over a movie now...

In terms of a series, I’d be keen on a modern redo/reboot along the lines of Adventures of…/Lois & Clark. I.e., an “origin” story that skips over Krypton and Smallville and begins with Metropolis. (And by “modern” I mean that, among other things, Lois would know the secret identity from the get-go.)

OTOH, I can’t see the Arrowverse/Supergirl version of Superman being viable spinoff material. IMO, the extant continuity - where Supes has been on the job for 15+ years, is married and has a superpowered tyke - is too far “down the rabbit hole” for a mainstream audience.

I'm sure he is. He looked a little smaller during the crossover than he did on his first appearance in Supergirl season 2, episodes 1 & 2. On a side note, has Welling been confirmed and when do you think we will see the first shot of Routh in the suit?

Welling was just a rumor, and I’ll believe it when I see it.

And yeah, Tyler’s last appearance was right around the same time he shot that “Another Life” show that just hit Netflix last week, and if you look at stills of him from that show, he looks slimmer in it than in the pic I posted above, so I’m hoping he’s in the process of bulking back up a bit.

Between Tom Welling and Lynda Carter, I can see Lynda appearing in Crisis more than Tom.

Hope Tyler and Brandon work out together.

Clark in metropolis, trying to start a career, meeting new people, having a super secret... trying to keep it just that... with today’s tech...
Also showing us a city that housed an alien/god in a cape popping up at the right time to save the day... that be awesome!
And yes - I feel lois and Clark really got the daily planet moments right - they were likeable characters and Clark was great... what let it down was the production value and artist eye when superman was on the scene... it needed to be more.. dreamy and artistic.. almost like a blurred filter and 3rd person perspective..

I would like to see Tyler and Brandon fly together like this:

DC_Comics_Presents_Annual_Vol_1_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"