Supergirl Season 4, Episode 9: "Elseworlds, Part 3" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Should've had the life swap between Kara and Barry or Kara and Oliver instead. They could wake up on each other's earths. That way they could've utilised Melissa more. She seems to always have the smallest part.

I want a crossover set on her earth instead. But I don't think they'll do that next time since it will be a continuation of this one. And then who knows after that whether her earth will even exist.

I would love for them to do several crossovers a year. Not all huge ones obviously, the Fall one being the biggest and having them all in it, but mini ones with only two of the supers. More like the original with just Kara and Barry. Or Oliver and Kara, or Barry and Oliver...

I'm still waiting on my Arrow/Supergirl crossover where Oliver gets stuck on her Earth for a spell. I'm dying to see how he handles a world where aliens are commonplace, lol.

So can someone explain Deagon's logic for using Superman's body when he told Kara that he wanted to be what SHE was? I had a hard time trying to figure that one out.

So can someone explain Deagon's logic for using Superman's body when he told Kara that he wanted to be what SHE was? I had a hard time trying to figure that one out.

I guess he didn't want to be a woman, that's all. Otherwise if he didn't mind, that would've been one way they could've utilised Melissa more in this episode. They could have had her in the black suit and fight Superman instead of just flying around the world trying to spin it back on its axis and not being seen doing much of that.

Having watched all 3 eps a few times, here are some more observations. It had many high points, but a lot of head scratchers:

--It ain't really an Elseworlds. That's supposed to be "Batman in a steampunk world where electricity was never invented."
--Why do switched Barry and Oliver know they are switched when no one else does?
--How about an E-38 crisis where Kara needs help? She must be tired by now of these stupid E-1 problems she has to solve, risking her life.
--Kara mentions Batman and B. Wayne disappearing at the same time. Is no one going to notice that Clark Kent and/or Lois disappear when Superman does?
--Other than copying the Superman movie, where did that dopey, "slow down the earth" trope come from? Why wasn't Oliver as slowed as others?
--Batwoman's fake hair is awful. Looks like a Party City wig. KK in the comics was an actual redhead.
--It appears that almost any altercation situation with any big bad can be easily handled by Brainy alone.
--Had Deegan ever seen E-1 Supes? Why would he look like him then as Supes?
--One bullet to Deathstroke Junior's head takes him out

Having watched all 3 eps a few times, here are some more observations. It had many high points, but a lot of head scratchers:

--It ain't really an Elseworlds. That's supposed to be "Batman in a steampunk world where electricity was never invented."
--Why do switched Barry and Oliver know they are switched when no one else does?
--How about an E-38 crisis where Kara needs help? She must be tired by now of these stupid E-1 problems she has to solve, risking her life.
--Kara mentions Batman and B. Wayne disappearing at the same time. Is no one going to notice that Clark Kent and/or Lois disappear when Superman does?
--Other than copying the Superman movie, where did that dopey, "slow down the earth" trope come from? Why wasn't Oliver as slowed as others?
--Batwoman's fake hair is awful. Looks like a Party City wig. KK in the comics was an actual redhead.
--It appears that almost any altercation situation with any big bad can be easily handled by Brainy alone.

You raised several good points concerning Barry and Oliver's switch and why Oliver was the only moving during time slowing down. I feel like they gave Oliver way too much, due to Guggenheim being in charge of the crossover.

You raised several good points concerning Barry and Oliver's switch and why Oliver was the only moving during time slowing down. I feel like they gave Oliver way too much, due to Guggenheim being in charge of the crossover.

They should've given Oliver both super speed and bow and arrow skills, and Barry just the skills of the Trigger Twins. :o

Why were Barry and Oliver aware? Time constraints. It would have taken too much time to have them struggling to even realize that a change had even happened.Now, if they hadn't had the Amazo altercation they would have had dime. I still wish Amazo had been tied into the main plot.
Another possibility is that if this was a test by the Monitor, then he may have been protecting their true identities to see how they would react.

I would love to see a crossover taking place on E1. Aliens and such would blow their minds!

Noticing Clark and Lois being gone the same time as Superman must require one really big excuse!

For Oliver, he looked like he was moving slowly when he was approaching Super Dick. But the Monitor may have had something to do with it, the same with the special blue arrow.

Batwoman's hair looked pretty good in this. It was a lot brighter and fake looking in the still shots, but with the lighting in the actual action shots it was good. And Comic Kate Kane does have red hair, but it is a buzz cut and she still uses a wig.

As for Deegan looking like Superman - it's just what we all wanted!!:D

Last edited:
If they can't get Geoff Johns to write the next crossover, give it to Sterling Gates. He wrote SG's comic for a while. or if nothing else I know Crisis requires a comic pedigree, but I think SG's writers could handle a different teamup. I think Gggenheim only took this because of Superman and Batwoman
Agreed, I've been pushing for more Sterling Gates involvement for a while now. He's a good Supergirl comics-writer turned good Supergirl episode writer, turned good Flash writer. He'd be a far more preferable option over Guggenheim for me.
Yes, please have Sterling Gates be the writer for CoIE, Geoff Johns can work with him. The best combo would be those two writing with Kevin Smith directing. I've always liked Kevin Smith's episodes of Supergirl and Flash, the casts of both shows love working with him, and he has a good comic pedigree.

Nearly PERFECT crossover.
JWS not being used enough brings it down a notch for me.
THANK YOU to the cast and crew for a wonderful experience.
:D

Another 10/10 for me this definitely goes down as my favourite crossover ever!

The opening was great, I liked that Barry hated what they done because he and Kara are the definitive good guys of the show while Ollie is not.

Cisco's mob boss was so funny "Did he just touch me? Did I say you could touch me?"

Oliver's exchange with the monitor was excellent sure he's not the same a big boy scout like Kara or Barry but even though we don't get to know fully what was said you get the feeling Ollie has sacrificed something it has left me a little on edge for his future though, say it ain't so!

Barry & Kara burning up looked great especially Kara, I felt like I knew they were going to be fine but it did get me sucked it worrying about them by the end.

Branie giving Amazo the hands was definitely unexpected.

The fact we are getting Crisis On Infinite Earth's next year was an added bonus.

So now that I'm on my one week vacation I 'm using my pvr on the cross over and the only that I'm shocked about is Kara not being told about olivers bad habits before he became the arrow.

I remember being some what happy when she said Ew at the thought of her self being with Oliver during earth X and meeting those evil version of them selves.

but it falls a part that she didn't know til barry started spilling it all. oh I was also miledly happy with Lois saying Oliver's a Jerk. but I wish that was Kara too.

she should have had issue with Oliver long ago.

Ok so it seem earth 2 well is correct that is is version of Every one across the multiverse.

and it seem's earth one's Kara's history is different cause she seems not to be on earth or to have that version of alex

and I have feeling when Barry said he couldn't find version of Cisco Kaitlin Etc it was I as said all along they are ether living such alternative lives that they aren't answer to those name and doing alias's like small ville's Bart Allen also answering barry in certain city's or they made the selves so hidden that it's not easy to find like the justice society did on smallville. til they were read to reveal them selves to clark in that universe. or they aren't on planet any more I guess the next cross over will answer all this.

but I always knew what barry said was off during the super girl gust staring when super girl was on CBS and what Well's of earth 2 said confirmed it during cross over before this .

lol oh and Oliver's face and reaction to batman not being an urban legend on earth 1 and saying he's the only one like him. wow the ego's back like how he didn't got beat by his sister And OTHERS. Yeah you lost Oliver they kicked your arse.

I don't think they converse that much, at least not enough to pass around life stories such as Oliver cheating on his girlfriend with her sister. Not a story you start off with. It was a funny moment though, with Barry outing him and Kara and Oliver's reactions.

Though I don't think she would have a problem with him over it.

I don't think they converse that much, at least not enough to pass around life stories such as Oliver cheating on his girlfriend with her sister. Not a story you start off with. It was a funny moment though, with Barry outing him and Kara and Oliver's reactions.

Though I don't think she would have a problem with him over it.
hmmm, nah she would . if it came out during the alien invasion of earth one. not that it would effect her action's during the battle helping it . but she wouldn't want to be around him as much or have any close female friend around him.

Just remember when he found out about his son most team arrow kinda took step's back and Oliver didn't even bother to say sorry to laurel cause he cheated on with not only her sister but her best friend too and then went to mommy to make it go away .

I really wish it came out there in the hall of justice too. cause male Paris Hilton Oliver was beyond the worst scumb bag alive.

both sara & her besty are to be blamed too. but no he was scumb

Man he gave that show one tree hill's teen Dan a run for worst human in town. and that guy was the villain of the series. the point is it's about how you treat people in your life . the only difference is that fan impregnated two women and then pitted his off spring from those women against each other or tried his best to and still messed with their mothers heads.

the island scared him oliver. but if that didn't happen ......

animated & comic Oliver are better people though then live action Oliver. they didn't do that and they do feel guilt like we saw in young justice when they hurt some close to them. this version of Oliver won't do so when it came to that event.

Last edited:
Kara has forgiven and then fought besides criminals who have tried to kill her and her friends. Oliver having cheated (no matter who with) shouldn't get anymore than an 'ick' moment, esp as it is something from before she even knew him.
She respects the man he is now.

Kara has forgiven and then fought besides criminals who have tried to kill her and her friends. Oliver having cheated (no matter who with) shouldn't get anymore than an 'ick' moment, esp as it is something from before she even knew him.
She respects the man he is now.
yeah that's not the issue . it's about his bad habits of always wanting to keep that stuff secret which he got from his parents and psyho waller. and the fact that when it came out in the worst way possible the person that it most damaged he didn't bother to say sorry about it still.

he just left it there. it's not about kara forgiving. it's about the person who he was supposed to have done so to which was Laruel and that former best friend of who he knocked up and had mommy take care of so he can continue to keep having sex with laurel, her sister & others.

current day he may not be sleeping around . but he didn't truly learn his lesson about keeping secrets and not speaking which made to iris say something about that via the current person he's with. and telling about important thing's they need to be aware of that moment or that time.

as for kara & what I said this goes back to both her women empowerment and respect for women that goes back to max lord who both Alex and kara stated is or was bad Oliver pre the island as much as he was a villain and she showed great distaste for that, about lord even though we barely saw Lord doing what oliver did all through his 20's . which pre her knowing him as well. but it was thing to her back then.

and mon-el with miss Tessmacker in the work place, as they put it he was frat boy and we saw how mad that made Kara . and they weren't even dating.

point is most of his (Oliver's) action's weren't always respectful to women ,if at all and part of his ego was at play there.

and we've seen that kara had some standard that conflict with herself . So she's not as forgiving as we like to put it. Lena found out the hard way. and there that weirdness some of her human friend from earth 1 being allowed to fight powered villain's and their poor argument when it come's to her friend from her earth which fall's apart especially when the writer's make sure absolutely to have the same thought/ view ,say the same thing's and stubbornness as her.

hell they brought back the issue of her not liking killing which both J'on & her aren't happy with Manchester black over. But Oliver does it very often of like the cross over befor this earth X. like it's second nature.

Though I think that more about the writers making to shifty on where she truly stands there.

I'm just saying there thing they like put up on her show often they make an over blown deal out of which both her and oliver should be in conflict about when you think about it properly. cause the writer like make the character of oliver go back to not learning his less with secrets ETc and how she views things. which become's double standared when it goes back to just being on her earth . which makes it off.

Last edited:
An encore presentation of the "Elseworlds" crossover will air tonight and tomorrow night on The CW:

Monday:
- The Flash (Part 1): 8 p.m. EST
- Arrow (Part 2): 9 p.m. EST

Tuesday:
- Supergirl (Part 3): 8 p.m. EST

I haven't seen Elseworlds yet (I normally buy the self-contained DVDs of the crossovers), but can anybody tell me does Martian Manhunter have much of a role? He was completely absent from Invasion! and only had a small role (in his 'human' guise) at the beginning of Crisis on Earth-X. Does he finally get some decent crossover screentime?

I haven't seen Elseworlds yet (I normally buy the self-contained DVDs of the crossovers), but can anybody tell me does Martian Manhunter have much of a role? He was completely absent from Invasion! and only had a small role (in his 'human' guise) at the beginning of Crisis on Earth-X.
No, sadly he doesn't. Again.

No, sadly he doesn't. Again.
:csad: I've managed to avoid spoilers so far (!) - is he actually in it, or is it one of those times where someone comes up as a regular cast member but doesn't put in an appearance?

:csad: I've managed to avoid spoilers so far (!) - is he actually in it, or is it one of those times where someone comes up as a regular cast member but doesn't put in an appearance?
He shows up briefly in the Supergirl portion. Doesn't do much I can recall other than some background stuff during the final showdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"