• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny, playing through these games now and I'm like 'man, how will they ever be able to top this' and then I go and watch that 15 min gameplay demo of Uncharted 4. Holy hell. That game is gonna raise the bar to levels that might not be reachable for other dev studios

Yeah after the last of us and what we've seen of U4 I am so excited to see what ND has done. I still haven't been able to grab my copy yet, hopefully soon.

I'm hoping to finally pick mine up today after class.

vg247 had to print a retraction.

We’d like to apologise to Naughty Dog for a massive mistake we published last month.

On September 30 we published an article titled “Is Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End too formulaic?” based on what we thought was a hands-on session with Uncharted 4 at the Tokyo Game Show.

We didn’t realise it at the time; what we’d played wasn’t Uncharted 4, but the remastered Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, from the recently released Uncharted Collection. We were not aware of this until after the article went live.

As soon as Sony notified us of our mistake we immediately unpublished the article as it was clearly based on one massive error on our part. TGS is busy and obviously the majority of signage isn’t in English, but none of that excuses the fact that we seriously ****ed up.

It’s cute to say it’s testament to the skill and beautiful artwork of the Naughty Dog team that we mistook a remastered PS3 game for Uncharted 4. But none of that changes the fact that we have massively misrepresented a game to our readers, fans of the Uncharted series and the industry who read VG247.

The buck stops with the editor of the site, so I’m the one apologising. I should have done it sooner. I am genuinely sorry for this mistake, the misrepresentation of the game and the upset this has caused the development team

Matt Martin

Editor, VG247

https://www.vg247.com/2015/10/14/le...an-apology-to-naughty-dog-and-uncharted-fans/

wow, how dumb can one be. Thats a pretty big mistake

Not to defend their mistake because that's a very stupid one to make. I was telling my colleague how well the games have aged and I thought playing Drake's Fortune would be awkward and outdated. I'm loving the hell out of it. Can't wait to see how 2 and 3 look and feel since 1 will obviously be the "worst", or "least best" as some here would say :hehe:

vg247 had to print a retraction.

We’d like to apologise to Naughty Dog for a massive mistake we published last month.

On September 30 we published an article titled “Is Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End too formulaic?” based on what we thought was a hands-on session with Uncharted 4 at the Tokyo Game Show.

We didn’t realise it at the time; what we’d played wasn’t Uncharted 4, but the remastered Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, from the recently released Uncharted Collection. We were not aware of this until after the article went live.

As soon as Sony notified us of our mistake we immediately unpublished the article as it was clearly based on one massive error on our part. TGS is busy and obviously the majority of signage isn’t in English, but none of that excuses the fact that we seriously ****ed up.

It’s cute to say it’s testament to the skill and beautiful artwork of the Naughty Dog team that we mistook a remastered PS3 game for Uncharted 4. But none of that changes the fact that we have massively misrepresented a game to our readers, fans of the Uncharted series and the industry who read VG247.

The buck stops with the editor of the site, so I’m the one apologising. I should have done it sooner. I am genuinely sorry for this mistake, the misrepresentation of the game and the upset this has caused the development team

Matt Martin

Editor, VG247

https://www.vg247.com/2015/10/14/le...an-apology-to-naughty-dog-and-uncharted-fans/

Wow. That's an inexcusable mistake.

Finally got my copy, playing through the first game and its pretty fun so far.

Nope i always wanted too though. I had a 360 instead of a ps3. I finished the first game last night, played it on explorer mode. It was fun and was probably a real treat when it first came out. Its aged nicely although i do agree that its super repetitive. The second game so far has been much much better.

I've been breezing through this. I just started Drake's Deception. Since I skipped out on PS3, it's nice to finally experience these games (as well as The Last of Us Remastered) on PS4. I'm glad I didn't miss out on these.

Nope i always wanted too though. I had a 360 instead of a ps3. I finished the first game last night, played it on explorer mode. It was fun and was probably a real treat when it first came out. Its aged nicely although i do agree that its super repetitive. The second game so far has been much much better.

Yeah, Among Thieves is a massive, almost mystical step-up from the first. The only other game I can think where the leap from first to second game was as large is probably AssCreed.

Yeah, Among Thieves is a massive, almost mystical step-up from the first. The only other game I can think where the leap from first to second game was as large is probably AssCreed.
are we talking just last gen? coz tekken 2 was a pretty huge jump from the original game too

I was just talking in general. I never got into Tekken really.

I was just talking in general. I never got into Tekken really.
word. Me2 was also a pretty huge step up from Me1. halo's alway been critically acclaimed but I think halo 2 is generally considered the best in the series

Enjoy. Uncharted 2 is amazing.

the second game is one of the greatest games of all time

Its been really fun so far. Ready to see where the story goes.

Uncharted_Collection_PS4_004.png

dat vista

I've been breezing through this. I just started Drake's Deception. Since I skipped out on PS3, it's nice to finally experience these games (as well as The Last of Us Remastered) on PS4. I'm glad I didn't miss out on these.
Ha, I was you 6 months ago. Last Playstation I had before this was a PS2, so catching up with these games on PS4 has been a blast for me. Between these and TLoU Remastered, Naughty Dog pretty much owns the video game world for me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"