Underrated Films: Your Opinion

Steven Segals a total bad-ass in this film, he makes dirty Harry look like a kitten. It's worth watching for the bar scene alone.

outforjustice.jpg

Ride the High Country.
The Osterman Week end.
Soylent Green.
Westworld.
The Roaring Twenties.

Yeah probably not but I still wish I heard people mention it more often.

Last edited:
"Phantom of the Paradise".
Probably Brian De Palma's greatest movie.

Don Siegel's Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

"Phantom of the Paradise".
Probably Brian De Palma's greatest movie.

I saw that movie when I was a kid, like, very young, 7yrs old or something, and was totally fascinated by it. The only reason I watched it was because the Phantom was dressed like some weird superhero, and that's what it was like to me, a very weird sh movie. I need to see that film again. I recall reading in an interview that Nicolas Cage is a big fan of the movie.

I saw that movie when I was a kid, like, very young, 7yrs old or something, and was totally fascinated by it. The only reason I watched it was because the Phantom was dressed like some weird superhero, and that's what it was like to me, a very weird sh movie. I need to see that film again. I recall reading in an interview that Nicolas Cage is a big fan of the movie.
Interesting, I never thought of that and I like the idea. It's also a brilliant modern, Gothic, retelling of the Faust story, crossed with the original tale of The Phantom of the Opera, as well as a sort of Rock musical. It is weird and great at the same time and somehow I'm not surprised that Cage is a big fan:woot: (Please don't let him or anyone remake it.)

Death Race with Jason Statham. I liked that a lot...

Agreed, but I'm not sure if it was 'underrated' to say the least :huh:
Well, you're probably right, but I don't hear it mentioned enough anyway.
Most people usually bring up Night or Dawn, but I believe Creepshow is right up there with them. Even King's performance as Jordy Verill was great.

Carnal Knowledge. It's probably the least known Jack Nicholson movie, but he was great in it.

quickdead.jpg

Good old fashioned Western, nice change having a female hero and Gene Hackman is awesome as ever.
Lots of crazy camera angles.

Good choice! One of Crowe's earlier American roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"