Universal Working on "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Remake

Cumberbatch has that wonderfully sepulchral voice, i.e. Smaug, so he's actually the perfect guy to fill Boris Karloff's shoes.

Will he narrate the movie too?

Cf9tIkTUEAE3JLY.jpg

Cumbergrinch.

Cumberbatch will kill it. :up:

So we've had Horton, The Lorax, now The Grinch as CGI animated movies. I assume The Cat in the Hat can't be far behind.

Will they be using the music from the TV version?

I suspect this will turn out like 'Horton' and 'The Lorax' - the original story padded like crazy with lots of new characters and subplots to make it go to feature length. Maybe throw in an environmental message and a love interest for the Grinch.

Christ that thing looks just like Cumberbatch.

I have to wonder, does Cumberbatch ever sleep?

Considering he's a highly in-demand actor, and married with a kid... no. He's likely doing more kids movies so that he can have age-appropriate stuff for his kid to watch.

Or he's just doing enough to be set for life.

I'm so for this. I love, love, love the original cartoon special.

I know Illumination pumps out like a flick or two a year, so yeah.

Will they be using the music from the TV version?

I suspect this will turn out like 'Horton' and 'The Lorax' - the original story padded like crazy with lots of new characters and subplots to make it go to feature length. Maybe throw in an environmental message and a love interest for the Grinch.

You mean like the live-action film did?

You mean like the live-action film did?

yeah, but with CGI animation of the future, and knowing The Lorax they will probably have a young kid learning a life lesson by going to the outskirts of Whoville to hunt down a old version of The Grinch that tells the story of his past in flashback mode, and flashback mode will be the story from the Dr. Seuss book.

only found out about this today
perfect casting for the grinch

Definitely looking forward to this... but I gotta ask... am I the only one that loves the Jim Carey live action film???

Definitely looking forward to this... but I gotta ask... am I the only one that loves the Jim Carey live action film???

Nope. You're not alone there, I've always loved the Jim Carrey version.

I don't love it, but it gets too much hate from people. It really isn't all that bad. But I can admit that without Jim Carrey's performance, that movie would be nothing.

Another backstory subplot?

I am still skeptical that there is enough material in the basic Grinch plot to fill up a feature length film without an egregious amount of padding.

The Jim Carrey film has aged very well. It's actually a very good film where they took a very basic, short animated special and managed to make Grinch into more than just a guy who hated Christmas and made him more interesting. Carrey's great in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"