Universal Working on "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Remake

..Why does everyone hate on the Jim Carrey version? I love it. Watch it every year.
I feel like the Jim Carrey version is one of those movies like Spielberg’s Hook where if you saw it as a kid you probably enjoyed it a great deal more and still do because of the nostalgia factor. That one came out when I was 12. I enjoyed it then and I still do whenever I catch it on TV. Is it perfect? Faaaaar from it, but Carrey really makes it watchable.

The JC version is ok. He's good as the Grinch but I hated all the actors who played Whos. Christine Baranski certainly is annoying.

There's just not enough story to turn this into a full movie, animated or live.

When I want to see this story, I'll stick with the 1966 version, thanks. It's short and doesn't heap on a ton of stuff the story doesn't need.

66 Mil for first place.

Once Wreck it Ralph 2 hits this will drop significantly.

This was... meh... okay, but forgettable.

Jim Carrey version is still the best: a great portrayal of the Grinch, Anthony Hopkins beats a rapping narrator every day of the week, great direction from Ron Howard, innovative art design, and a much more lively score from Danny Elfman (he did both).

Reactions: CJ
I'm very glad Warner Bros Animation has the rights to Cat in the Hat and other Seuss books. Illumination has done a poor job with Lorax and now Grinch. Their animation style does not match that of Seuss and they're missing a lot of the magic from the books. Not saying WB will do any better, but hopefully they can at least get the look right. Grinch was never this "cute".

The-Grinch-Creepy-Smile.gif

And Cumberbatch should've been a slam dunk but they went and made him do a "cutesy" voice. Boris Karloff never did. Just all around poor direction.

This seemed like a string if deleted scenes for what should have been the film

JC version is still the best. I don’t understand peoples gripe with it. Even the little quips of dialog he adds makes it stand out. Its his best work by a long shot and some of the best suit work that has ever been on film. He is completely fused to the character.

Was okay, I will definitely stick with the Jim Carrey version. Pharrell as the narrator was bland and uninspired, as was the song. Cumberbatch wasn’t all that memorable either. It had some good moments but overall was lacking. Illumination makes beautiful looking movies but they must create better scripts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"