Universal Working on "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Remake

I am seeing this cause of the awesomeness that is BC

I am seeing this cause of the awesomeness that is BC

He seems to be the only bright spot of this. I just wish said awesomeness was channeled through a better animated film, like something from Pixar or How To Train Your Dragon 3.

Why did they "cute" him up so much?

I can't imagine this Illumination Grinch becoming this at any point;

The-Grinch-Creepy-Smile.gif

Yeah I'll be skipping this. Nothing can top the Jim Carrey Grinch, IMO.

The animation and atmosphere is all wrong with this project.

Even Cumberbatch is putting on a “goofy” voice which kind of ruins it being Cumberbatch doing the voice.

I'm still a little unsure about this movie.

lol why is every comment on that clip about a Grinch leak of Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I think I was too quick to cast judgement on this movie. The first few trailers were pretty dull, but the more clips I see of this, the more it looks appealing to me.

I definitely want to see this now. The scenes at night with Whoville all lit up in Christmas decorations are really gorgeous to look at.

Weird how we haven’t seen Cindy Lou yet.

Last edited:
So had there been any reviews yet?

Apparently not, which is not a good sign.

Film Review: ‘Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch’

Dr. Seuss’ famous doggerel has been replaced by a lot of imitation-Seuss doggerel, which works well enough, though there’s no great reason for it apart from the fact that the film has to offer something original or it wouldn’t have a reason for existing. That’s the eternal paradox of remake culture. We want a movie like “The Grinch” to push our nostalgia buttons, yet in a way that’s just fresh enough to delight and satisfy anew. The Jim Carrey version didn’t do that, and as popular as it was at the time, I seriously wonder how much it’s watched now. For anyone who grew up with “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” “The Grinch” won’t replace it, yet it’s nimble and affectionate in a way that can hook today’s children, and more than a few adults, by conjuring a feeling that comes close enough. By the end, your own heart will swell, though maybe just one or two sizes.

'Dr. Seuss' The Grinch': Film Review

Much closer in spirit to the beloved book and the evergreen 1966 TV special than the soulless lump of coal that was the 2000 Ron Howard-Jim Carrey collaboration, Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch is a vibrant, amusing CG animated feature that gives the big mean, green guy a kinder, gentler makeover.

The production’s biggest upgrade is Whoville itself, which has been transformed into a luminous, twinkling spectacle of a mini-metropolis, complete with its own Who Foods market and a meticulous attention to detail that extends to the tiniest of Christmas tree decorations and most innocuous of snowflakes. If that, along with Danny Elfman’s fanciful score and Tyler the Creator’s spin on “You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch” fail to do the trick in these spiritually trying times, then maybe the green dude's not the one whose heart is full of unwashed socks.

Well that's something.

They aren't all that bad either. It sounds like a decent kids movie but anyone who is older and seen the previous two (and IMO, superior first) will not get much benefit from seeing it. But this is not directed at them.

They aren't all that bad either. It sounds like a decent kids movie but anyone who is older and seen the previous two (and IMO, superior first) will not get much benefit from seeing it. But this is not directed at them.

It's not directed at me???? What? :wow: But...but everything should be directed at me!

Illumniation has the occasional clever flick, but it varies. And they're handling Super Mario Bros so.....

Hope they do a good job on Mario.

Reactions: CJ
..Why does everyone hate on the Jim Carrey version? I love it. Watch it every year.

I don't hate the Carrey version but I don't think it is better than the original either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"