Civil War Users Rate & Review Civil War (TAG Spoilers!)

Thor has a good reason to be off Earth. Hulk was deliberately forced away from this movie because he is OP. Vision is also OP, so what do they do?

VISION
During the airport scene they just don't write him in it. He's absent from the entire thing except for shooting a line in front of Cap and shooting at Falcon. He's a problem, and let's not even start on the ridiculous Wanda/Vision romance s***. Yes I know it's in the comics, but that's where it belongs.

And just to expand on Vision, why the hell does Cap call Clint to try and free Wanda when it just puts Vision in the fight? Vision would just wipe the whole entire team if he wanted, and he could just walk up to Cap, grab him, and fly away with him or go dense and the fight ends.

AIRPORT SCENE
So the whole point of that scene is for Cap and Bucky to grab the quinjet. Well why didn't they just go and grab the Quinjet like a day earlier? Why waste time with Clint, Wanda, and Antman when they could have just gone and taken it way before Iron Man or anyone else turns up?
And why does Iron Man waste so much of his precious 36hrs to go see Spiderman to put him in a fight when he doesn't need him? As far as Iron Man knows it Cap, Bucky, and Sam. Why would he think he needs anymore than him, War Machine, Panther, and to a very lesser degree Widow? He has all the power on his side. It was a nonsensical scene. Lot's of fun grant it, but again no emotional stakes in the MCU (again I premise this with CATWS which had high stakes).

ZEMO's PLAN
Apparently was to put Cap and IM in a room, watch a video and then expect them to fight to the death. Holy s*** if that isn't the most nonsensical plan I have ever heard. And what, he only learnt about the video (Dec 16 1991) after talking to Bucky. I accept he knew about the other soldiers and got their location, but f*** me, his plan was to show them a video and that would destroy the Avengers. It was really poorly scripted.

So I would wrap this up as a huge missed opportunity where Cap should have been indirectly responsible for killing Rhodey which is all that would have been needed to send Tony into a spin and want to lash out at Cap. That wouldn't need Zemo at all.

I have to say I'm now nervous about Infinity War because the Russos fumbled the expanded cast in this movie.

Wait what? This coming from someone who professed BvS to be the best CBM of all time and defended the lazy scriptwriting of Martha and co. in that awful movie? Many of your reservations with Civil War actually border on nitpicking and won't hurt the larger deed of storytelling for the general audience unless someone (like you) tries too hard. By comparison, BvS had the Martha plotline literally thrown in your face and forced down your throat. Sure some of the motives were contrived and they aren't exactly the most convincing ones, but it doesn't linger on for too long and the Russos allow the overarching plot (vengeance and registration) to drive the story forward. That is the kind of effervescent storytelling Marvel does so well that BvS and Snyder had me scratching my head in bewilderment when they failed so miserably on their end.

Weak plot elevated by extremely likeable characters. Some of the action sequences are kinda messy and hard to follow. Airport scene felt like reading a comic book. New characters are awesome - they fit perfectly in this universe. Enjoyed it a lot and can't wait to watch it again.

Wait what? This coming from someone who professed BvS to be the best CBM of all time and defended the lazy scriptwriting of Martha and co. in that awful movie? Many of your reservations with Civil War actually border on nitpicking and won't hurt the larger deed of storytelling for the general audience unless someone (like you) tries too hard. By comparison, BvS had the Martha plotline literally thrown in your face and forced down your throat. Sure some of the motives were contrived and they aren't exactly the most convincing ones, but it doesn't linger on for too long and the Russos allow the overarching plot (vengeance and registration) to drive the story forward. That is the kind of effervescent storytelling Marvel does so well that BvS and Snyder had me scratching my head in bewilderment when they failed so miserably on their end.

Man of Steel is the greatest CBM of all time, I would never say BvS is. I like the direction they took in BvS because the stakes were high. CATWS is clearly my number 2.

I just think Civil War was a candy movie, nothing moved forward, again, with another villain who had no impact on the movie and should have been left out of it.

Weak plot elevated by extremely likeable characters. Some of the action sequences are kinda messy and hard to follow. Airport scene felt like reading a comic book. New characters are awesome - they fit perfectly in this universe. Enjoyed it a lot and can't wait to watch it again.

Yeah I think that's how I feel about it.

Love Cap and IM and most of the support (not Vision or Wanda, and I would have loved Ultron to have killed Natasha which would have had more gravity to that movie), but this was poorly written and spent too much time on fitting in certain characters that should have been left alone.

It's hard to imagine this movie being as poorly written as BvS or MoS,but whatever. I knew DC fanboys would have downplayed this movie after that other movie's fiasco.

Last edited:
Man of Steel is the greatest CBM of all time, I would never say BvS is. I like the direction they took in BvS because the stakes were high. CATWS is clearly my number 2.

I just think Civil War was a candy movie, nothing moved forward, again, with another villain who had no impact on the movie and should have been left out of it.

Civil war gives you nothing to chew over once the film has finished. Movie is nothing like the comics but fans give it a free pass because it's Marvel.

Civil war gives you nothing to chew over once the film has finished. Movie is nothing like the comics but fans give it a free pass because it's Marvel.

One can say the same thing about BVS and Death of Superman. And nobody is giving Marvel a free pass; Civil War is a movie that is done right, able to juggle multiple characters and plot points as well as deliver the movie in both adrenaline-rush action scenes and emotional moments. Both critics and fans are giving the movie high marks because of it.

They couldn't have done Civil War the same scope as the comic and even Feige had said they we're inspired by it. It's really the same thing as to have the name "Age of Ultron" subtitle. It's a small marketing trick to get people generate free hype.

Exactly! I smell a troll or just a pissed off DCeethe fanboy. LOL

These DC fanboys are pressed because they know Snyder *****ed up big time when he tried to establish the whole DCEU in a 1 minute scene of Wonder Woman opening emails... Their standards are weird.

These DC fanboys are pressed because they know Snyder *****ed up big time when he tried to establish the whole DCEU in a 1 minute scene of Wonder Woman opening emails... Their standards are weird.

Stop saying that and focus on the points that are being raised. The MCU is wonderful and I thought the tone set in CATWS was going to lift the property, but Age of Ultron and Civil War have put the brakes on it.

Stop saying that and focus on the points that are being raised. The MCU is wonderful and I thought the tone set in CATWS was going to lift the property, but Age of Ultron and Civil War have put the brakes on it.

I guess I just don't see the "points" you're talking about. All I see are nitpicking individuals about the smallest things while using the whole "it's Marvel, they'll get away with it" excuse. LOL no point at all...

2430380-9768700803-26081.jpg

So are they writing the previous love interests out now?

Was pepper written out off screen? I am getting the vibe aunt may is gonna be his new love interest And that's why they cast her how they did.

Also Portman may not be back for thor 3?

I guess I just don't see the "points" you're talking about. All I see are nitpicking individuals about the smallest things while using the whole "it's Marvel, they'll get away with it" excuse. LOL no point at all...

Here's the thing, what was truly at stake in this movie and how was it justified?

So are they writing the previous love interests out now?

Was pepper written out off screen? I am getting the vibe aunt may is gonna be his new love interest And that's why they cast her how they did.

Also Portman may not be back for thor 3?

Apparently Paltrow's contract would be ridiculously expensive to renew

Portman didn't want to come back

Civil War is the best MCU, i really enjoy watch this movie & very entertaining

I give score 100plus / 100

Here's the thing, what was truly at stake in this movie and how was it justified?

Friendships, alliances, The Avengers... Not every movie has to have world-ending stakes. They're allowed to be more personal.

Friendships, alliances, The Avengers... Not every movie has to have world-ending stakes. They're allowed to be more personal.

Think he was expecting some sort of world-engine type device for CW to have a credible threat.

Correct. Stakes don't have to be global destruction. Widow should have died in AoU. That would have cemented Hawkeyes withdrawal ans coming back to join Cap against IM.

Winter Soldier should have killed Rhodey to put IM head on to really want to kill WS.

That's the sort of tension that the MCU continually fails to deliver on, there is no consequence to any conflict except the bad guy gets locked up. Ho hum.

Correct. Stakes don't have to be global destruction. Widow should have died in AoU. That would have cemented Hawkeyes withdrawal ans coming back to join Cap against IM.

Winter Soldier should have killed Rhodey to put IM head on to really want to kill WS.

That's the sort of tension that the MCU continually fails to deliver on, there is no consequence to any conflict except the bad guy gets locked up. Ho hum.

Given how many things you've remembered wrong maybe I shouldn't be surprised that you missed that Civil War is about consequences to past conflicts to a large degree. Or that you forgot that someone did die in AoU, but it doesn't count because it wasn't the one you wanted to die. This is becoming funnier all the time.

Mjölnir;33564177 said:
Given how many things you've remembered wrong maybe I shouldn't be surprised that you missed that Civil War is about consequences to past conflicts to a large degree. Or that you forgot that someone did die in AoU, but it doesn't count because it wasn't the one you wanted to die. This is becoming funnier all the time.

He doesn't get it...

Well, even if Natasha did perish at the hands of Ultron and this somehow spurred Hawkeye into joining Cap, I seriously doubt it will satisfy you. Given how you've been grasping at straws for the past day here you will just be looking for other things to nitpick.

You see, if Rhodey had met his untimely doom in this film, people will call Marvel out for killing an insignificant character. I honestly think it's better for Rhodey to remain crippled and the rest of the Avengers having to live with the guilt. A walking but cybernetic Rhodey would be a sobering reminder of the mistakes they committed along the way, and how they should avoid them in the future.

Wait, you mean the titular character from the other movie dying at the end of the movie who would probably be conveniently resurrected in either one of the ensemble follow-up movies?

The Avengers are in ruins, the heroes are scattered, public distaste for superheroes is at a record-high, governments are breathing down the neck of every legislated superhero: I call these real-world implications which the MCU will explore in subsequent solo movies. It's an interesting angle to explore, IMO. Death can come in Infinity War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"