Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by terry78, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Lantern Venom Emerald Echo Podcast Co-Host

Sony could have their own Spider-centric universe and still let Peter and Eddie play in the MCU a little.

I'm suffering to not be able to see V:LTBC yet, but the local drive-in assured me that they would have a premiere date soon. It's painful to wait for something that I've been dying to see for almost 30 years. :D

SM71 and JB33 like this.
  2. JB33 The Eternal Deviant

I'm with you man. In the same boat. I'm moving in a week so hopefully where I move to there's a drive in nearby I can go to!

SM71 likes this.
  3. GwensNeckBrace Registered

I wonder what Sony / Marvel's deal is regarding Venom. My hunch says we'll probably have a better chance of seeing Spidey in Venom 3, instead of Venom in Spidey 4. I'd love to see Feige / Team Marvel work with Hardy.

SM71 likes this.
  4. Mysteryman Registered

Very Possible.

SM71 likes this.
  5. Hannibal75 Registered

Morbius looks like a more grim and less fun movie, and is certainly a more obscure character than Venom. So while it's very possible that it will be a box office success I doubt it will be as successful as the Venom films.

SM71 likes this.
  6. LoganPool Fear is Not My Guide

I'm surprised they didn't release a new Morbius trailer to attach to this movie. In fact, the original trailer wasn't even shown at my viewing. Did it play before any one else's showing??

SM71 likes this.
  7. Drizzle Registered

Not mine. I just realized that myself. Kind of a bone-headed move on Sony's part given how big Venom's opening was but honestly I don't even think that would have helped generate excitement for Morbius anyway.

8. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Weird how they haven't released a 2nd trailer.

jignat and SM71 like this.
  9. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I def found it odd there was no Morbius trailer as well.

KingDrac and SM71 like this.
  10. DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

Apparently it's doing even better than Shang-Chi. Now that's something I didn't expect! I'm wondering why, honestly. It just seems unreal in this day and age.

SM71 likes this.
  11. kguillou Registered

Because there is a place for this kind of movie. Venom is easy viewing, its fun, action packed, funny, it hits general audiences in their ticklish spot. The people in my theater were CRACKING UP at Venom and Eddie's banter and I think that is this series' secret weapon.

DoomRulz and SM71 like this.
  12. DarkKnight88 Registered

I can only assume Sony was being cautious in case they wanted to delay its release again. Now how big Venom opened, I’m sure they’re kicking themselves and will probably release one soon to capitalize on the Venom hype.

Drizzle and SM71 like this.
  13. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Venom is doing well because it's an honest guilty pleasure that feels like early 2000s cbm.

It's a big breath of fresh air compared to MCU movies, where heores always have to save the whole world and we hear in trailers things like "you don't know anything about me, I'll show the world who I am" and stuff like that.

Here we have an odd couple, a journalist and a bloodthirsty alien trying to live with each other at a time when a serial killer escapes from prison and wants to rescue his love. Simple as that.

14. Dr. Evil Registered

The humor in this movie will infuriate the whole "all superhero movies should be dark, moody and brooding, smiles, laughter and jokes should not exist in these movies" group.

15. shinlyle King of the Haters

Well, I made my first trek into a theater since Sonic The Hedgehog. I made up my mind that I wasn't missing this one, and I'm glad I stuck to it. It was fun, it was light-hearted...yet really dark. Woody was a great Cletus, even if he cared for Shriek far more than comic Cletus did.
    Without spoilers, I give the movie a 7 out of 10. There was a silliness to it, and some of the characters literally teleport from plot point to plot point, but these are all forgivable for me. It was worth it to see some good ol' Freddy v Jason style monster-fighting with 2 symbiotes going at it.

Also, Eddie and Venom going back and forth still makes the movie for me, just like the first time. My kids and I went in wanting something, and we got exactly that. Worth my money...looks like it's worth a lot of other peoples' money, too!

16. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Exactly!

Does anyone know who made the animation for Cleytus origin? I'm trying to find any info and I can't and would like to know who created the character design.

SM71 likes this.
  17. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

I meant to check who played the young Cletus. I almost feel like they had Woody dub the lines because it sounded almost exactly like him

SM71 likes this.
  18. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I am very sure Woody DID dub the lines

19. Drizzle Registered

There's no shortage of Woody Harrelson impersonators out there but I'm pretty sure he dubbed those lines as well. I found that to be almost as hilarious as Cletus being a teenager in 1996 when Woody would have been 35 in real life.

20. DarkKnight88 Registered

lol

They should’ve just shown a clip from Natural Born Killers instead.

[​IMG]

Drizzle likes this.
  21. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Me too. The voice was too spot on for it not to be him

SM71 likes this.
  22. ironwez20 Registered

can you believe people still actually don’t believe it? Some people don’t think it’s true. I read some replies

SM71 likes this.
  23. DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

I hope this means we'll finally see the white spider logo.

SM71, shinlyle and ironwez20 like this.
  24. Dr. Evil Registered

I didn't believe it until I saw it.

SM71 likes this.
  25. ironwez20 Registered

I hope so to

SM71 likes this.